Predict Anna's pokes

Stiffins

So we know that Absol will be super effective in the upcoming gym, obv Anna, what's your guess on her pokes?

Im guessing...

• Gallade
  • Bronzong/Metagross
  • Exeggutor
  • Espeon
  • Starmie
  • Meloetta

Maybe Alazazam or Gardevoir with Medicham instead of Gallade. º-º

Edited by Stiffins

The possibility of Anna being a Gym leader is slim for many reasons

1. Knowing the type of person Anna is, her powers too symbolically see people would have a much larger purpose than being a Gym Leader later ion.

2. She was eager to give you an opportunity to get another Gym Badge, if it were the case of her being Gym Leader, she'd not only force Noel to vs you, but she'd offer a Gym battle herself.

3. If you watched ANY television in the game, at one point you'll come across a show with Gossip Gardevoir interviewing the current Psychic Gym Leader (whom she seems to have a tsundere crush with), so even IF Anna was eligible to be the Psychic Gym Leader, she'd be currently a reserve Gym Leader (so if you want to battle her, Ep 10 is gonna have to kill off the current Gym Leader, which IS a possibility).

Besides that, I may pitch in on potential pokemon the Psychic Gym Leader will use.

I would actually expect Mienshao over Medicham

Gardevoir is unlikely (unless I've misread something somewhere and Gossip Gardevoir is in fact owned by said Gym Leader)

Alakazam is 80% certain to be on the team.

Slowking and Bronzong are quite possible for the "annoying wall" role of the team.

I'm gonna be honest though, with our encounters of Kingdra, Dragonite, Hydreigon, and Garchomp, I'm prone to suspect the ownership of Latios/Latias for the Psychic Gym Leader (which will definitely make it a tough Gym Battle)

When you first battle Dr. Sigmund in Lapis Ward she had a sprite of a Gothitelle, so adding to that Id say she might have a Grumpig, Bronzong/Metagross, Gallade/Medicham, Slowbro/Slowking, and a Sigilyph/Darmanitan (Zen mode). But either way she is going to be able to counter both dark and bug types.

Dazz may be onto something for Anna's team

My first post was about the actual current psychic gym leader's pokemon.

For Anna, I would see Sigilyph and Xatu to be thematically appropriate for Anna.

Reusing Gallade and Medicham on Anna wouldn't be much different than fighting Kiki again.

Hrm. I wouldn't be surprised if the psychic leader was killed and Anna was the reserve.

I definitely think there will be an espeon though and most likely an alakazam. I thought Ame might want to mix it up though and not have too many pure psychic types. I was thinking maybe latios/latias too but thats a pretty powerful poke and then there's no ghost immunity which is why im tending to think a meloetta will be the most powerful pokemon with its normal typing giving ghost immunity and having just faced a girafarig on noels team its unlikely to be in the next battle aswell.

Yeah Sigilyph could be likely. Cosmic power, stored power, psycho shift, roost. Magic guard + flame orb trollage.

Edited by Stiffins

Yeah Sigilyph could be likely. Cosmic power, stored power, psycho shift, roost. Magic guard + flame orb trollage.

Magic Guard doesn't work. The AI would probably spam Stored Power without giving a second thought, anyway.

I was hoping for Radomus, not Anna :(

But if it was Anna, 100% there will be a Jirachi in her team.

*back to sleep*

Edited by Khayoz

I for one think Anna will be the Champion...If you remember right, when we first meet her and Noel and Charlotte, when Charlotte mentions "Awesome kinda runs in the family" Noel says something like "If your gonna talk about awesome, you should mention Anna is the..." and Anna interrupts him....Also, I think the Psychic Gym leader is gonna be the person that Luna is staying with (Master as she calls him in the preview of episode 10)

I for one think Anna will be the Champion...If you remember right, when we first meet her and Noel and Charlotte, when Charlotte mentions "Awesome kinda runs in the family" Noel says something like "If your gonna talk about awesome, you should mention Anna is the..." and Anna interrupts him....Also, I think the Psychic Gym leader is gonna be the person that Luna is staying with (Master as she calls him in the preview of episode 10)

That would be Radomus, which is what I'm thinking. Both are supposed Psychic leaders, so one of them has to die I guess. Most likely Radomus since El is a meanie. Still calling Jirachi in Anna's team though.

If Anna were the Champion, wouldn't Saphira know? Considering she's basically E4, Laura too I suppose

Anna's a gym leader though and has the Magus badge.

On the PO league...Notice that in the PO league Laura is the Grass Gym leader, yet In-Game Florinia is the Grass Gym Leader, and Fern the Backup, and Laura a E4 Member....Dont take the PO Gym leaders as the GAME gym leaders....They MAY not be all the same

If Anna were the Champion, wouldn't Saphira know? Considering she's basically E4, Laura too I suppose

Who's to say she doesnt? She never spoke to Anna directly as far as I remember... Also, why would she go and say "Girl, you da champion, help us out?" The Doctor had Legal rights, so Saphira had to protect the kids, that was her main concern...Well, at least Charlotte was....She did not have time to chat

• Administrators

USING MY AMAAAAAAAZIINNGGGGGG "I've been here for three years" powers, I will answer every (not every) question and then still be wrong because Ame likes to switch things up

He might have only been about to say "psychic (reserve) leader" but it could very well be possible she'd be Elite Four- Champion is a little far fetched, though. Almost certain (and this is potential spoilers) based on my above thing, that Lin is going to be the champion. I would have pitched Amaria as a second option (as she is in season 2), but seeing that her Lapras was only level 74(5?) when we battled with her makes me think maybe she couldn't be. ANYWAY, Anna could certainly be as high as Elite Four and I'd believe it.

The possibility of Anna being a Gym leader is slim for many reasons

1. Knowing the type of person Anna is, her powers too symbolically see people would have a much larger purpose than being a Gym Leader later ion.

2. She was eager to give you an opportunity to get another Gym Badge, if it were the case of her being Gym Leader, she'd not only force Noel to vs you, but she'd offer a Gym battle herself.

3. If you watched ANY television in the game, at one point you'll come across a show with Gossip Gardevoir interviewing the current Psychic Gym Leader (whom she seems to have a tsundere crush with), so even IF Anna was eligible to be the Psychic Gym Leader, she'd be currently a reserve Gym Leader (so if you want to battle her, Ep 10 is gonna have to kill off the current Gym Leader, which IS a possibility).

Besides that, I may pitch in on potential pokemon the Psychic Gym Leader will use.

I would actually expect Mienshao over Medicham

Gardevoir is unlikely (unless I've misread something somewhere and Gossip Gardevoir is in fact owned by said Gym Leader)

Alakazam is 80% certain to be on the team.

Slowking and Bronzong are quite possible for the "annoying wall" role of the team.

I'm gonna be honest though, with our encounters of Kingdra, Dragonite, Hydreigon, and Garchomp, I'm prone to suspect the ownership of Latios/Latias for the Psychic Gym Leader (which will definitely make it a tough Gym Battle)

1) Likely- she's definitely very important, or will be eventually. The way I see it, she has three options- reserve Psychic leader Aya style, as in we don't get the first badge for whatever reason, Elite Four, or just a friendly battle with no Badge for winning in the same vein as Cal.

2) Haha a double battle with those two would probably be pretty scary depending on her team...

3) First, let me say I love that you consider leader deaths a possibility now- you've learned well and now you can join Inuki and I in taunting Ame for it. Anyway yeah, you've got the right idea, aside from that "tsundere crush" thing (she's just really good at making her caretakers sound good; you should see the way she talks about Luna), in that Radomus is likely going to be the actual leader. This is where my sage-like knowledge comes in again: Radomus is the one on the right in the current banner, in one of his many costumes. You've already seen the other one, I'd imagine, so it's worth me noting (and this is spoilers again) that those two have had a bit of a... unhealthy rivalry for as long as I can remember... Although usually Radomus won every time and put more effort into making EL look bad than actually taking him seriously. The banner implies that might be different this time though- even I'm interested.

tl;dr radomus is probably the psychic leader

Mienshao wouldn't be allowed as it's only a Fighting type, and from my experience in battling him on the server league he's more inclined to bulk than anything outright sweep-related. The question here is how true to that Ame intends to stay, as some of his choices were a little, uh, powerful. (and no they were not staraptors)

Magic Guard doesn't work. The AI would probably spam Stored Power without giving a second thought, anyway.

I was hoping for Radomus, not Anna :(

But if it was Anna, 100% there will be a Jirachi in her team.

*back to sleep*

That's part of why Noel was easier than he should have been. I already said this elsewhere but both Magic Guard AND Stored Power are broken so essentially his Clefable was useless.

Derp. How'd i forget about her Jirachi?

It might not be Anna then idk i suck at following stories. :/

^ y'all three gots to remember the actual League's rules- no legends until X-League. And to the person that said Zen Mode Darmanitan because I missed a multiquote- also not allowed, because it's initially only a Fire-type.

But yes, good call that she would have Jirachi if it was allowed c:

On the PO league...Notice that in the PO league Laura is the Grass Gym leader, yet In-Game Florinia is the Grass Gym Leader, and Fern the Backup, and Laura a E4 Member....Dont take the PO Gym leaders as the GAME gym leaders....They MAY not be all the same

Who's to say she doesnt? She never spoke to Anna directly as far as I remember... Also, why would she go and say "Girl, you da champion, help us out?" The Doctor had Legal rights, so Saphira had to protect the kids, that was her main concern...Well, at least Charlotte was....She did not have time to chat

First- correct, and that's already thrown me for a loop, so I've stopped speculating until I see something that may say it for sure.

Second- yeah I wondered that too, considering we (had to the option to) recently battle(d) Sigmund and his Pokemon were all pretty decidedly lower than Noel's, likely Anna's, and pretty much everyone except Shelly. But for the most part you're right, the goal was to protect the kids and you don't do that by sending them out to fight.

• Administrators

maybe the player kills her gggggg
also, relevant:
umad.png

In any case because I never actually predicted anything, I'm expecting things like Slowbro, Claydol, Bronzong and Exeggutor. Reuniclus may be a bit much but then again this is like the eighth (this was really hard to spell right it's such a weird word) badge we're going for here so at this point maybe it's fair game.

Radomus was the season 1 Psychic Leader, and all the gym leaders have been from season 1 - apart from when the season 1 leader passed away or their position didn't change. GG's been kidnapped, Radomus will get attacked. GG is probably fainted - Radomus could end up being a troll and throwing a Max Revive at GG and then GG Psychic's El in the face. Or Focus Blast. So, Radomus or GG. Or the highly unlikely Anna!

On topic of E4 and champions.

I expect (in no particular order)

Amaria

El (If he doesn't die or get demoted?) or um.. Bennett? (oh brain wave~.)

Laura (confirmed)

Anna? Not sure..

Lin as champion. Lin is honestly the most likely - season 1 champ, immensely powerful. But in the game description thing, it states that the champion waits in the blah blah mountains. Speculation begin!

inb4trollmoveandfernischamp

Bennett. Eliot took him in to train him.

Bennett is bug.

GG is Psychic.

Eliot.. used Bennett to kidnap Gossip Gardevoir, to blackmail Radomus and take Luna.

DUN DUN DUN

Edited by Amaterasu

Expect the unexpected, that are my predictions. Ame is notorious for throwing curve balls when it comes to this stuff. As far as pokemon, I can see an Alakazam and Espeon on her team, but that is it.

or Trick Room Reuniclus

You're a monster.....anybody without a Dark/Bug/Ghost will suffer dearly....

1-2 casualties at the very least though

Also, Calm Mind + Leftovers Reuniclus that's been EV Trained in Def and HP

Edited by Woobowiz