Scripting Organization Topic! <3

Amethyst

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, shouldn't items have a priority of 7?

Nope, they have a priority of 6 http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Priority

I feel like just adding an exception for the item use such that you can't cancel after you use an item with the first pokemon's turn should be enough to silence the issue..

That would be easier, yes, but the thing that's very disturbing is that items are used during the command phase, but items are supposed to be used during the attack phase.

In retrospect, my method is also flawed because then I would have to make an exception and bypass status effects as well.

The ULTIMATE and easiest solution (that I just now see) is to just use the item during the attack phase method, rather than the command phase method. It just seems too simple though and I'm not sure why the original dev never bothered (probably an oversight), or that there's ultimately an issue between item usage in attack phase and priority of moves (intuition tells me that shouldn't be the case because I could just apply the logic for using the item first considering Ruby uses late binding)

Edited by Woobowiz