Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Trapinch / Earthquake

ChocolateChip

Question

Ah I don't know if this is the right place, but trying anyways. xD So I could swear I saw somebody maybe a few days ago say they bred Earthquake into Trapinch >.> Which would be awesome <3 But when I search I can't seem to find the post again /:

It's not on the regular list for moves that go over when breeding, so I'm guessing it's a pokemon that has it that gets transferred over? Because I know that's possible from Foongus breeding Toxic into Bulbasaur.

Only thing is I have no idea who to breed with Trapinch for it. v.v

21 answers to this question

• Administrators

Anyone that learns Earthquake in the same egg group as Trapinch will work- Earthquake is a TM move and will be transferred pretty much unconditionally, I'm sure.

EDIT: then I looked at the egg group (here, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bug_(Egg_Group) by the way) and I think I see the problem. I would suggest somehow getting it on Heracross, Pinsir, or Gligar first.

EDIT2: ... That's not possible without the TM either...

Really the only option I see here is leveling Trapinch to 55 before you evolve it.

• Administrators

Man, the Bug egg group is weird.

Personally, I just settled for Earth Power but I also settled for a terrible -Sp.Atk nature because I didn't save before I got it from the Game Corner, since my mind was so numbed from the Voltorb Flip ;-;

I had to reset it like 2 hours straight to get a good mixed attacker nature... I was soo annoyed that I didn't care anymore about the moves...

Yeah >.< I was trying to make them even /: I eventually gave up and went with a higher attack.

For some reason my swampert made an egg with my flygon. And it has earthyquake....

Hm... interesting >.> I do have mudkip. So it's possible to go that route.

Seems like too much work to get earthquake on trapinch. I mean 9000 coins to get it and then the pain of grinding it to 55. I got a ground type pokemon and it leaned earthquake at level 40.

It was probly me from team showcase.

Anyway, a quick way to do it:

Catch a high level Geodude ♂ , who will learn Earthquake quickly. Then a Dwebble ♀ on Apophyll Beach.

Breed to get a Dwebble ♂ with Earthquake.

Breed that Dwebble with Trapinch ♀

Tadda!

Ohh that's how you did it! That's smarts lmao I didn't think of breeding anything into Dwebble. It must have been you then. xD

It does seem like a lot of work though. v.v Especially getting the right everything else on top of it, well only in regards to Trapinch.

Hmmm. Thank you though <3 If I do decide to go through that trouble, I'll definitely go that route since it's 100%.

Geodude has EQ at lvl 39. I didn't even need to catch one at that level because i had my Golem, but i remembered seeing lvl 33-35+ Geodudes, maybe even lvl 40ish in Tanzan Depths, i don't remember that well.

Good luck, happy that i could help. :3

Edit: It's completely worth imo, training a trapinch to lvl 55 would be a huge pain, especially with its Speed. Or i guess phanpys army then Rare candies xD

Another way would be through Wooper ♂&Surskit ♀, then bred Surskit ♂& Trapinch ♀.

Edited by Soysauce

Trapinch is way too painful to get and train! I mean, 10,000 coins?! After I gathered all of them in Voltorb Flip, my head was about to expload!! And then level it up to lvl 55?! Especialy when it's as slow as hell and the region is full of grass types...

Oh, and Soysauce! Great way to get EQ Trapinch!!

In order to breed a Trapinch with Earthquake, you first have to get a Geodude with Earthquake (you can find them at the right level in the cave underneath Team Meteor's base), breed that Geodude with a Dwebble (you can find them in rocks on the beach), and then breed that Dwebble with a Trapinch. It's a lengthy process, but worth it if you want to get Earthquake. This same process will also let Gligar get Earthquake. Unfortunately, Surskit cannot get access to Earthquake through this method.