When Does Cherubi Learn A Good Move?

BoliviaDK

Hello,

I’m a new player (also new to the forum) grinding up my team for first gym. 2 questions: 1, are the movesets the same as the normal games? If not, the when does Cherubi learn a good move? Second, will a team of Wartortle, Trubbish, Lightning rod Goldeen, Cherubi, Poochyena, and Kricketune be able to beat the first gym?

Level up moves are basically the same as in the most updated regular game, so you can check serebii for that and it's typically pretty accurate. 

Your team looks pretty set for the first gym as well. I've heard good things about lightning rod goldeen. 

Thanks, I just beat it by sweeping with +3 Mightyena. I expect to put some Pokémon on the team I like more and also round it out (probably getting rid of Goldeen, Trubbish, Mightyena, and potentially Kricketune because it isn’t technician). Thanks for your help!

Edited by BoliviaDK

You find them in places like the factory that you raid in the beginning or hidden around the town hidden in rocks or in plain sight as a ball. It is best to check every rock like object, or narrow dead end that you may see in an alleyway.

Below is a list of locations that contain ability capsules which I got from here:

-Ability Capsules

Hide contents

Peridot Ward
Hidden in a barrel outside the Mosswater Factory in Peridot (unreachable after finishing the raid with Julia, Fern and Florinia!)

Obsidia Ward
Speak to a woman in the Obsidia PokeCenter looking for her son, find her son outside the Glamazonia Salon in South Obsidia and go back to the woman to reciece an Ability Capsule (new E15 event)

North Obsidia
take the path that goes right, at its end turn down and it's hidden on the rock before the crack

Under the Grand Stairway
choose the right path in the ledges puzzle and follow it through stairs and turn untill you reach the capsule (visible overworld item)

Citrine Mountain
enter from outside of Shade's gym and go straight to the right, it's hidden in the last rock in that direction

Byxbysion Wasteland
after going through the building with the stairs don't slide any of the steel beams, jump from the little one-square ledge at the upper left side and find it hidden in a barrel

Hide contents

capture016_zpsxad01ytk.png

Subrailnet
after the Yureyu building when you enter the right side of the Underground Railnet, solve the rails puzzle to open the left door and enter the Subrailnet and it's behind a Rock Smashable shadow on the wall

Byxbysion Wasteland beyond the Tunnels and Grotto
hidden in a bush in the Secret Power / former Mudkip / now Squirtle location, check the TM guide for more info and a video guide, requires defeating Aya to use Strength and ver very difficult to reach without Flash

Hide contents

capture028_zpshrdx0p0r.png

Chrysolia Forest
hidden in the bush at the end of the corridor at the top left, outside of the Moss Rock section

Mysidia Railcave
hidden in a rock in the Confide / Ill-fated Doll Location, go through all the doors that lie between a pair of rocks to reach it

Hide contents

capture023_zpsabmsvo6r.png
capture021_zpspg6ekqme.png
capture022_zps0c7tyqxz.png
capture029_zpsmtkur0wa.png

7th St. Ability Capsule Vendor at the top left of 7th Street

Agate Circus Ability Capsule Vendor at the lowest row, opposite of the Rest Area entrance

Pickup ability (lvls 61-80:rare, 81-100:uncommon)