Help with chain breeding.

Yujin

I am trying to breed modest nature onto a Gothita, what is the fastest and best way to achieve this? I tried using the Pichu line to bridge to Buneary then a Gothita but could not my Pichu fast enough. Is there another mon I can use for this?

Edited by Yujin
Missed tags.

There's a way you can change the nature of a pokemon that already exists later on in the game if you're willing to wait.

Also, I'm not sure what you meant about your Pichu, but Pichu cannot breed, you'd have to evolve it first(not sure if that's what you meant or not), but yeah, that can be really tedious. 

Aside from finding a random modest pokemon of the gender you need to breed with your Gothita in the wild, there isn't really any easier way.

I tried to evolve the Pichu that I bred from a Raichu into a Pikachu then breed it with a Buneary, but it has not evolved yet and it is level 43, I considered just using my backup Pichus but wanted to check here first in case a better solution existed.

4 minutes ago, Yujin said:

I tried to evolve the Pichu that I bred from a Raichu into a Pikachu then breed it with a Buneary, but it has not evolved yet and it is level 43, I considered just using my backup Pichus but wanted to check here first in case a better solution existed.

Pichu evolves into Pikachu through happiness. 

The best way to get it's happiness up is to run around with it in your party, and take it to the salons. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Yujin said:

Oh ok, thanks. I have the message that the bond is unbreakable at the salon so how close is that to evolution?

That should be it then, or very close. That just means you need to level it up and it should evolve I'm guessing.