A few things to make you think

Plague

It's 3:30 AM, I'm bored and I can't sleep, so there's no better time to name off a few things that I've been thinking about to make you all wonder (unless there's a confirmed answer I don't know about :U). Didn't know where else to post this seeings there is no random talk about Reborn game area (maybe one could be made?) So let's begin.

1. So when do you guys think Reborn takes place in the pokemon timeline? I've been wondering this myself, as for where other characters may be and about Bugsy being Shelly's older brother and whatnot, makes me wonder if his dream came true in his later years and became a bug expert who had no time for Shelly(which made her think that he ignores her existence).

2. How do you guys imagine how characters sound in game? May seem like an odd question but it's surprising how many people imagine how people in this game sound differently. To name a few: Cain, who may be gay and might seem like he talks with a flaming voice is a character who just sounds like a normal guy to me, with kind of a smooth slightly higher toned voice. I imagine Fern to sound like some kinda hotshot who thinks he owns the world (which fits his personality imo). As for Shelly. Well, if you know who this is, I imagine her to sound just like Fluttershy.

3. What types are you expecting the E4 to be? I don't know about you guys but I'm expecting them to be mixed trainers (with possible competitive teams?) It's no doubt that we may come to face them at level 100 so I wouldn't be surprised.

4. What do you guys expect the next gym to be? I'm honestly thinking it may be the Rock leader who refereed the match against Aya. He seemed like he's coming up soon, but who knows I'm probably wrong :P

Well this is all I can think of at the moment; be sure to answer and add on questions if you want, could get a decent little discussion thread going.

(Oh and Ame, if you happen to see this, no spoilers please, even though I doubt you would <3~)

3. What types are you expecting the E4 to be? I don't know about you guys but I'm expecting them to be mixed trainers (with possible competitive teams?) It's no doubt that we may come to face them at level 100 so I wouldn't be surprised.

Laura is one, so Grass.

Er..El wanted to train Bennett to be a E4, so I guess that'll mean they're both E4? So, Bug and Normal? Not sure about the 4th member

I have a feeling that Lin is the Champion, though.

• Administrators

One of Shelly's more popular nicknames on the PO server was Fluttershelly so that's not too far-fetched...

Laura is one, so Grass.

Er..El wanted to train Bennett to be a E4, so I guess that'll mean they're both E4? So, Bug and Normal? Not sure about the 4th member

Yeah, Laura was confirmed as one so that's a given, and I have my suspicions that Bennett might end up being one as well, once his training is finished. Also, it may be spoilers, but-

Lin was the champion of the season one league on the server (and she was no less scary than she is in the game, going as far as disallowing spectators in every match and holding said matches in a different channel) so that sounds likely.

Level 100 by the end of the game at this rate is definite, so I'd say to expect competitive level teams (they're already getting pretty strong as it is now) for sure.

Also I know I may be like you know co-owner but even we have our moments of non-professionalism, so please excuse the following.

I'm still on the fence for El. He seems to be lying and working for team meteor simply to find his 'daughter' and retrieve the emerald key.

I like you El is bad he's a jerk and I hate him and he's so ughghhghghghhgghghghhghhhhhh

he is my single-most hated leader from the season one league because i had to battle him like 10 times total and his team is a trap he had blissey and porygon2 and snorlax and if you tried to set up to kill them he would send in ditto and you'd be screwed and if you didn't set up you had to have really good base power which is something i didn't have and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA i hate him so much don't trust him ever >:C

Huh interesting to know Ikaru. And yeah as soon as I saw El I knew something was up, it'd seemed too obvious.

As for the Lin factor, that's interesting, as I didn't know that. So yeah I'm expecting her to show up most definitely. I'm kinda afraid of battling her now :X

I was thinking Reborn could be parallel with B2W2, because that is far enough to the point where Bugsy has enough skill that beating him in the Bug-type master tournement at the PWT is pretty tough. He always seemed to land a stone edge on my Volcarona, but I digress. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Black 2 and White 2 are about...5 years after gen 4? So making Bugsy, say 18? (I know they didn't change sprites, so he looks like he is waiting to hit puberty) At that age, him ignoring a 10 year old sister is not that unheard of. Especially if he is off in Unova for the PWT.

As for the Elite 4, I feel like El is going to be dirrectly under Lin, possibly on the same rank as Solaris. How crazy would it be if both were in the Elite 4? Beating that Garchomp at lvl 100 would be like punching cthulhu.

Currently the level cap is 60 after episode 9. If the patern keeps up, that being a cap jump of 5 levels for every gym battle, we will hit 100 in 8 more badges. However, we have at least 9 more types to battle through. 9 because of the 17 types in gen 5, and if there is no replacement for Kiki at the fighting gym. If Fairy is included in the final game, and we have a new Fighting leader, we will have 11 more gym battles.

This made me think there are a few ways this could play out:

We could have a joint gym battle, as is two leaders, two badges in one battle.

We could have the last 1-2 gyms have lvl 100 pokemon.

We could just not get a level cap raise at one gym.

Gym's level cap raises could be cut to 3 levels instead of 5. (which would suck)

Finally, I think Sephora will be the next gym leader we face. After we save her life on the other side of the mountain, her confidence will be shaken by her loss to Lin. Her personality type seems to lack some reason, as well as mercy. She might get angry and want to fight us to regain her confidence. Then give us a badge when she calms down.

Edited by JayDo

This is a pretty good thread imo, since I was thinking the same exact questions. I'd also like to add two more: does the male/female protagonist have a family? (Mom, dad, siblings, etc.) In the normal Pokemon games made by Game Freak/Nintendo, the main protagonist usually has a mom (and a dad in Emerald). Same could be said about Pokemon Professors. It could be likely any of these two questions will be answered through time, but its just my own curiosity. =)

Laura is one, so Grass.

I'm positive Lin isn't the champion, I don't know, maybe Ame?

I was thinking Ame might be, but I couldn't say for sure. As for protagonist families, I'd think that they do but the families live in another region, possibly really far from where Reborn is, or really close seeings you arrive by train. Who knows, maybe we meet the family later in some other part of Reborn. I could see it.

As for the next gym, Saphira could definitely be next, and if so, I'm afraid of that Dragonite x.x gonna have to find some good ice covers, don't think my Gyarados' ice fang will cut it, unless I can get up at least 3 DDances

I don't think we'll be facing Saphira. Considering that we aren't quite at the rank of Charlotte, and Charlotte seems to be lower ranked than her sister, Saphira might be one of the last gym leaders we face.

I was thinking Ame might be, but I couldn't say for sure. As for protagonist families, I'd think that they do but the families live in another region, possibly really far from where Reborn is, or really close seeings you arrive by train. Who knows, maybe we meet the family later in some other part of Reborn. I could see it.

As for the next gym, Saphira could definitely be next, and if so, I'm afraid of that Dragonite x.x gonna have to find some good ice covers, don't think my Gyarados' ice fang will cut it, unless I can get up at least 3 DDances

I'd recommend Vanilluxe! It hits like a truck, and it isn't the ordinary Mamoswine, if we're getting hipster about it.

Regardless, I think Lin being the champion is a bit too obvious. I'm half expecting Ame to troll the ever living shit out of us and make Fern the champion. I think Cain may end up being a part of the Elite 4 as well. Other than that, maybe Cal? You never know, I suppose.

Edited by Lunaethetic

After looking around the forum a bit, I'm pretty sure the main character has a family. In Reborn. in fact you've probably already met one of them.

The seeds have been planted. Everyone will go mad trying to find out who it is now.