Are thumbstick grip and thumbgrip the same thing?

Iron Avenger

My dualshock 4's left control stick kinda tore and the guys at my local game shop told me i should use a thumb grip to prolong its use. So i go online and i see thumbstick grip. As i know nothing of this can anyone tell me if they are the same thing and can anyone suggest which from these should i buy pls. Ps both are the same price

618o3ZHKpsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

91GBHdD5JPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The terms are used interchangeably, and though there are some brands with better quality; at the end of the day a thumb grip is just a piece of rubber that might be attached to a piece of plastic. I wouldn't buy them in bulk, though, the ones you buy in bulk for a lower price are usually noticeably lower quality from the others. Outside of that there isn't a whole lot of difference minus a few personal preferences like fit or slight durability differences.

Orb is okay if you just want a cheap rubber cover over your control sticks. Kontrol Freek generally have a higher quality and fit on to your control sticks with actual plastic caps with a rubber coating on top, I got a pair of Kontrol Freek CQC grips due to them being low profile and not actual extensions when the grips on my old 360 controller finally shredded. They lasted a couple of years before wearing down. Insten is probably the best brand for lower price rubber covers, though. They're noticeably thicker and fit on more snugly than other brands I've messed with, though again they're all basically just rubber/silicone molds. Insten is the brand I'd go with if you just want to drop around $5-$7 and not much more.