Money Troubles

JayDo

So I've finished episode 8 and want to buy enough coins to get Trapinch from the game corner. Little problem, as the most expensive prize, he costs 10,000 coins. At 10,000 pokedollars per 500 coins, you need 200,000 pokedollars to afford him. Which is a ton of dough, by any pokemon game standards. At this point, I have a little less than 4,000 coins. Is there any place where I can re-battle more trainers for money? Or has anyone found any big nuggets or rare bones I could find, then sell? At this point, I have battled all the trainers I could find, and done most of the mining. Will my dream of having Flygon on my team have to wait until Episode 9 or later?

• Administrators

You could probably get Flygon, but it might take a lot of Voltorb Flipping or Slot Machining. Which is okay, I don't really think it's that fun if you just buy ALL the coins. xP

Admittedly we are a bit starved for money atm, but my thing about rebattleable trainers stands for now. I will see if I can find something else to tide y'all over during episodes in the future, but that probably won't be in by episode 9.

also you didnt hear it from me but, if you haven't already, you can get a lot of coins just from looking around the floor of the arcade

You could probably get Flygon, but it might take a lot of Voltorb Flipping or Slot Machining. Which is okay, I don't really think it's that fun if you just buy ALL the coins. xP

Admittedly we are a bit starved for money atm, but my thing about rebattleable trainers stands for now. I will see if I can find something else to tide y'all over during episodes in the future, but that probably won't be in by episode 9.

also you didnt hear it from me but, if you haven't already, you can get a lot of coins just from looking around the floor of the arcade

Thanks Ame, as for the slot machines, I've been playing them, that's why I have like 3900 coins instead of 3500. And I did find quite a few coins on the ground. I guess I was just used to buying coins in the gen III games because money was just so readily available, through vs seeker, or just battling the Elite 4 again. But I guess this is just one of the things that will make Reborn more fun for me, because I am going to love the crap out of this Trapinch when I get it. AND I WILL GET IT!

Thanks Ame, as for the slot machines, I've been playing them, that's why I have like 3900 coins instead of 3500. And I did find quite a few coins on the ground. I guess I was just used to buying coins in the gen III games because money was just so readily available, through vs seeker, or just battling the Elite 4 again. But I guess this is just one of the things that will make Reborn more fun for me, because I am going to love the crap out of this Trapinch when I get it. AND I WILL GET IT!

You can do it!

Okay I usually wouldn't suggest "cheating" but Voltorb Flip is the worst mini game ever created. Even if you play perfectly, the comes points where it's entirely based on luck and all that work you put in to get to the higher levels goes to hell after one loss considering the game LOVES to drop you back to game level 1.

Voltorbflip.com is a solver that helped me get the coins needed. It doesn't eliminate random chance, just gives you the play least likely to blow the board up. If you're above this then Im sorry and it's just a suggestion! But I just couldn't stand this game.

• Administrators

i--

i am lITERALLY CRYING RIHG NTO W

WHY WOULD ANUWONE DOO THAT

jesusc rhsut i can teven release my pokemon without feeling guolty (and in fact i never have) how cAN anye NONE DO THAT THAT ISNT EVEN OKAY THAT IS 0% OKAY

nonononononononononononono

http://youtu.be/N0r5JvCGMfg?t=15m3s

As long as you don't care about morals, this is always an option Ame.

i--

i am lITERALLY CRYING RIHG NTO W

WHY WOULD ANUWONE DOO THAT

jesusc rhsut i can teven release my pokemon without feeling guolty (and in fact i never have) how cAN anye NONE DO THAT THAT ISNT EVEN OKAY THAT IS 0% OKAY

nonononononononononononono

This is awful? Why would I give my pokemon to a butcher if I am trying to get another pokemon? WHY WOULD YOU KILL YOUR PET TO BUY A NEW PET? McMc, why would you make Ame cry? That is from Pokemon My Ass Version, which is just a cluster f*ck of bad taste which ends with the player character raping the rival, so I am not going to even take that seriously. Anyway, I got trapinch, after 55 min of voltorb flips.

• Administrators

a cluster f*ck of bad taste which ends with the player character raping the rival,

are you serious

did someone actually--

wow

okay before i would admit that the butcher was creative, if horrible, but there's a difference between the not-okay that the butcher thing is, and the not-okay that that is

that is

just

wow.

Anyway, I think this thread has been derailed enough.

Incidentally, that link did give me an idea. Although I don't want anyone to have to sell their Pokemon- least of all for that- I could do something like that that newsreporter in DPPt Solaceon Town who would give you a Ball each day if you showed him a certain species. Cash reward instead of a ball, of course.

I'll admit that would be tricky to code, but I think that's a viable solution for now, non?

That sounds good to me. Although to be honest, I would be fine if I could just sell back the coins once I win them. Because after getting Trapinch, I have about 1200 coins I don't need. XD Also Levels 7-8 of voltorb flip are the most stressful things ever, but the pay off is great.