How is this team?

Thirdbird

So far I have 1 badge, and I'm in Obsidia right now.

Geico (Grovyle)

Level 21

Absorb

Pursuit

Leer

Quick Attack

Amaterasu (Magby)

Level 17

Fire Spin

Ember

Leer

Faint Attack

Bowl Cut (Ralts)

Level 16

Confusion

Charge Beam

Double Team

Growl

PWAAAA (Whismur)

Level 18

Uproar

Pound

Astonish

Howl

Finneon

Level 15

Water Gun

Rain Dance

Pound

Attract

Brobat (Zubat)

Level 15

Wing Attack

Bite

Leech Life

Supersonic

Thanks guys.

W00T. Somebody else who also names their Treecko Geico. I like you already. X3

As for team.......It seems you have mostly attackers on your team. Try removing some and making room for some real bulky pokemon like Scraggy, Porygon, or Grimer/Koffing. Trust me, it'll save you in the long run if you run a wall. Pokemon you'd wanna get rid of....Finneon and Whismur. There are better Water types available than Lumineon and Exploud is average compared to the other Normal-type powerhouses available like Zangoose, Granbull, or even Togetic. But for the most part you'll stand an equal footing in reborn.

Edited by Cowtao

Okay, I'm having some problems with my team. Here's the updated list:

Geico (Grovyle)

Level 24

Absorb

Cut

Screech

Quick Attack

Amaterasu (Magby)

Level 24

Fire Spin

Flame Burst

Clear Smog

Faint Attack

Bowl Cut (Ralts)

Level 20 (It leveled up but died during battle, so it didn't evolve)

Confusion

Charge Beam

Double Team

Growl

PWAAAA (Loudred)

Level 22

Uproar

Bite

Astonish

Howl

Finneon

Level 18

Water Gun

Rain Dance

Pound

Attract

Brobat (Golbat)

Level 24

Wing Attack

Bite

Swift

Confuse Ray

I have a couple of questions regarding my team:

1) Where can I find scrafty/scraggy? I have been losing to Florinia 5+ times, and I need something to beat Cradily.

2) Are there any other changes to be made to my team in order to beat Florinia?

Thanks.

Scraggy can be found in the slums. If you go back to the previously locked room, you will see that it is no longer locked and inside is a Lvl. 13 Scraggy. He will Carry only Shed Skin and Moxie. Moxie is broken as of now so get the Shed Skin variant.

Team wise...Just pray for Crits. Mostly on Breloom as he is carrying Spore/Mach Punch combo.

It's a pretty decent team. My only suggestion would be to replace Finneon with a Goldeen. Seaking is a really decent under used pokemon and has a much wider range of attacks for coverage, plus if you really want you can give it the ability Lightningrod making it have only 1 weakness which is grass. Also Whismer is rediculous early game so I'd advise you to keep it until it evolves into Loudred, but after around 30 or so it becomes pretty unsustainable and you should replace it with something more useful. Pretty much any pokemon that covers what you don't have yet, preferably a tankish one with lots of competative moves (Status moves, Spikes, Toxic etc.) considering your team is pretty squishy.

Scraggy is definitely a good call, especially since it gets brick break at level 20 and resists Cradily's only attacking move. It's also an all around decent Pokemon in general, and its evolution is nice as well. As for other options, your choices right now are a bit lacking... I suppose you could pick up that Vulpix and try to get Drought, which would not only boost fire attacks but also fight the Sandstorm that Florinia sometimes uses.

Breloom should go down from a Wing Attack, so no problem there... The way I dealt with Cradily was using swagger on Scraggy and then switching to Monferno so I could taunt it, preventing it from setting up. Since you don't have taunt, I would suggest using Trubbish to set up some toxic spikes, get the confusion going, and hit it with a couple of brick breaks.

Lol, thanks guys. This game is so much like competitive battling. In most Pokemon games you could just win with any pokemon you want.

Lol, still haven't beaten Florinia. It's taking over 20 tries now. Is she the hardest leader, or what?

YES! FINALLY BEAT HER! So happy.

Edited by Ikaru

• Administrators

Lol, still haven't beaten Florinia. It's taking over 20 tries now. Is she the hardest leader, or what?

Seems to be the case early on, although I sometimes think maybe the level cap is the hardest leader, and not Florinia.

...Of course, I had Combusken and this was back when she had a Ferroseed instead of... whatever was replaced by it, so it was kind of a breeze for me. Thinking about it now, I'm not entirely sure who was the hardest leader. Some say Aya and I think I've seen some issues with Serra, but to be honest I didn't find either of those too difficult either. Especially not Serra because i ran her over with Ninetales and Blaziken (the second time, at least). Point is, "hardest" is subjective and may vary for everyone idk. I should thank Shade, though, because...

Lol, thanks guys. This game is so much like competitive battling. In most Pokemon games you could just win with any pokemon you want.

... I went out and got a Mawile just for him and I still have it. It was even my highest leveled Pokemon until the end of this episode when Misdreavus passed it up at 49 and I haven't done much else since. Most likely, the game will eventually come to a point where we'll need to get a little (read: a lot) more competitive-like, but it's not so bad for now I think. c:

EDIT: Also, in the future, do try to avoid double/triple posting consecutively, please~