Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Magikarp sidequest after buying all pokemon

Mikhail97

Question

I have bought all pokemon from the guy at 7th street, got the lucky egg, came back from circus after cities are restored.

I only started the quest after all of that, when I enter the Grand Hall to talk to Ame. Is it irreversible, as the woman that was supposed to sell the pokemon to me is not there?

4 answers to this question

Guest Relinquished
4 hours ago, Mikhail97 said:

I have bought all pokemon from the guy at 7th street, got the lucky egg, came back from circus after cities are restored.

I only started the quest after all of that, when I enter the Grand Hall to talk to Ame. Is it irreversible, as the woman that was supposed to sell the pokemon to me is not there?

What woman? A fisherman trainer was supposed to start the quest, right from the game's beginning... Was standing in grand hall entrance, to the right, as you enter and opposite him, was another shady person, whom stole it from you, the very instant you buy. You later fight them in the last house of northern Peridot, where Budew on the wall used to be. You also have to do many parts of that quest, like fighting against another thief, inside Obsidia Slums, which won't be possible, post restoration, especially if you renovate Slums to finish Magma questline, first.

Caine warns properly, before leaving for Agate the first time, that "Many things will change and you won't be able to go back" (because of later Restoration to the city). If you have an older save from circus, right before restoration, there is a way to get back to city; need surf/waterfall/strength and to traverse Citrine caves, all the way down south, to the Route 1 forest, from which you can go back to Tanzan Cave -> Railnet -> Reborn. If you remembered to back up your saves frequently, load a shortly previous one and start descending. Ah, and in Route 1's end of the cave, you need to perform the "Strength Glitch", in order to progress.

20 hours ago, GS BALL said:

What woman? A fisherman trainer was supposed to start the quest, right from the game's beginning... Was standing in grand hall entrance, to the right, as you enter and opposite him, was another shady person, whom stole it from you, the very instant you buy. You later fight them in the last house of northern Peridot, where Budew on the wall used to be. You also have to do many parts of that quest, like fighting against another thief, inside Obsidia Slums, which won't be possible, post restoration, especially if you renovate Slums to finish Magma questline, first.

Caine warns properly, before leaving for Agate the first time, that "Many things will change and you won't be able to go back" (because of later Restoration to the city). If you have an older save from circus, right before restoration, there is a way to get back to city; need surf/waterfall/strength and to traverse Citrine caves, all the way down south, to the Route 1 forest, from which you can go back to Tanzan Cave -> Railnet -> Reborn. If you remembered to back up your saves frequently, load a shortly previous one and start descending. Ah, and in Route 1's end of the cave, you need to perform the "Strength Glitch", in order to progress.

Yeah, I have battled the kid at the Slums, after city restoration, but not the slums restoration. There was supposed to be someone at 7th street to continue the quest on, iirc. Which is what I asked.

16 minutes ago, Mikhail97 said:

Yeah, I have battled the kid at the Slums, after city restoration, but not the slums restoration. There was supposed to be someone at 7th street to continue the quest on, iirc. Which is what I asked.

Find the aqua gang member in Lapis Ward, he'll tell you he sold it at 7th street. In 7th street, there's a second vendor who will sell you the magikarp for some shards.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:08 AM, Faeborn said:

Find the aqua gang member in Lapis Ward, he'll tell you he sold it at 7th street. In 7th street, there's a second vendor who will sell you the magikarp for some shards.

i joined team aqua beat team magma at their hideout and got carvanha from the aqua leader but after that i just stuck i mean i dont get an invite for the 7th street i keep talking to the aqua leader but he just keeps saying to talk to him when i need something can someone help pls ?