1900 Elo Hail Team Pros Only Surrender At 20

The Fush

Hello, here, it's Roo The Baka. You may have also seen me on the server as Morello, Charlie Brooker, Doraemon and Voyeur.

Today I'm going to show you the Digimon Online Hail Team I created in 9001 seconds. It was filled with blood, tears and sweat. Literally. With this team you can dunk every scrub in the Dueling Network, making sure that none will escape the wrath of your cold hatred for them *ahem*

Roo's true ego here. I like the weather hail, and I wanted to see if I could use it capably in OU. Since I struggled finding certain weak spots of the team, I wanted to share this team as an RMT to search for advice. Also, keep in mind that this is an offensively built hail team, and that not much of it is very defensive. Let's begin!

I will, step by step, show you how to use the Duelmasters Bakugan Teambuilder in the most effective way:

At A Peek:

485.gif

One must think of the "hail team killers" before constructing the core. As a lead who is capable of raising the middle finger (taunt), laying down the entry rocks of wrath, completely shutting down the heated opposition to the wrath of hail and generally being a giant troll, I saw Sir Heatran, commander of the Elbonian Army, as the best lead my team could ask for.

485.gif460.gif

No team of hail and storms is capable of functioning with the walking Abominable Doraemon. Abomasnow is the lord of hail itself.

485.gif460.gif471.gif

One must next use a windwaker for the wind, a flame orb for the fire, A POND OF ICE FOR THE HAIL! If you do not use a hail sweeper for your team based on hail, I highly recommend uninstalling the game. For this task, I selected the genderbender, a fine choice indeed.

485.gif460.gif471.gif073.gif

From this point on, the world is your oyster. You never snow what will happen next if you do not pick your men wisely. I needed a man, no, a tank, to combat the terrifying opposing Army of Rain n' Pain. I also needed something capable of wiping up the floor of rocks that scrubs scatter around during wednesday afternoons, because Ice types do not approve of that. The great KV-220 Beta Test, Sir Tentacruel, made my day.

485.gif460.gif471.gif073.gif430.gif

Look at this classy suave motherfucker. It's like a Debonair turned into a bird and combined itself with a Mortal Kombat exclusive copy of Dumbledore. I guess this revenge killer and ace fighting slayer is a "chick" magnet.

485.gif460.gif471.gif073.gif430.gif534.gif

And we have also adopted a fighter of our own; a mighty 300 pound WWP.E Wrestler who has black belt dan in Judo, Karate, Taekwondo, Boxing and anything else to name. Essentially the weakness closer for the team, if you will.

In Depth 300 Elo Dunking Close Look:

485.gif

Morello (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon

Trait: Flash Fire

EVs: 252 HP / 112 SAtk / 104 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Magma Storm

- Taunt

- Stealth Rock

- Earth Power

NERFED... TO STONE.

This dunkmeister has nerfs like no others: such as the nerfing of switching out with Nerfga Storm, nerfing of the use of non-attack moves with Nerfaunt, nerfing of any Volcaronas due to Stealth Nerfs, and nerfing of killing things with other handy tricks such as Nerf Power. This is a lead that was chosen in order to respond to sun teams, troll Chandelures (maybe), and to stop the threat of stealth rocks to my team (and lay them too! Watch your feet, kids). It's a good surprise to pack on a hail team.

When first creating the hail team, I knew I'd be up against opposing weather too. I kept in mind a check to sun lovers, and Heatran was DEFINETELY the way to go, with it's awesome flash fire. While Magma Storm has low accuracy, it traps the player into the battlefield, essentially shutting down Toxic Chanseys and whatnot, along with Taunt, which also stops enemy boosters and entry hazards, and Earth Power, which I thought would be good for type coverage, and maybe even opposing Heatrans if I had the luck to hit them without their balloons.

460.gif

Doraemon (Abomasnow) (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Snow Warning

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Blizzard

- Focus Blast

- Wood Hammer

- Earthquake

To me, there is a best way to build this snowman, and it's WITH THE BEST SNOW! I mean... a choice scarf. They're cheap! All you need to do is recall back to fountain and purchase one for 1900g. From then on, your hail inducer also has use as a fast hitting mixed attacker, with bonus speed EVs to take precautions! Blizzards and Wood Hammers are an absolute nightmare to take from this beast, Earthquake is a great move that checks some counters, along with focus blast too! This mon' has a very diverse movepool, despite it's huge weakness array. This is why I built Scarf, to dunk some of the faster scrubs aswell!

Abomasnow is the pinnacle of hail, and it's almost impossible to run hail without it. What bothers me about Abomasnow is mainly it's lack of speed and many weaknesses, and a Choice Scarf helped most of the problems. This is essentially a mixed attacking moveset aimed a bit more specially, but what I love about Abomasnow is it's insane movepool, so I had no problem deciding what to do with this beast.

471.gif

Hideyoshi (Glaceon) (Hideyoshi) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Snow Cloak

EVs: 208 HP / 252 SAtk / 48 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Blizzard

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Shadow Ball

- Wish

Glaceon has a good Special Defense base stat, and the liberty of snow cloak, too! With this in mind, I can build Glaceon to take MORE than one hit, and still sleet hard in return! Some speed EVs never hurt though... unlike a Specs Blizzard in Hail. HP Fire is also handy dandy for taking care of Ferrothorns and Forretresses, and maybe even those switch-in Scizors! Shadow Ball is the move of moves for the type coverage, and Wish is a special option used to activate bulk n' switch mode, and heal the ally that really needs it. Oh, and what gender is this Glaceon, you may ask? Duh, Hideyoshi gender.

I had some BIG trouble deciding between Glaceon and Kyurem. I originally wanted to go Kyurem, but it had so many weaknesses, and Abomasnow already had this problem too. That, and I was aware of the risk if I went total offense and speed: Trick Room and Stallers would be laughing at me. Big time. Besides, Specs Glaceon's Blizzard decently rival's Kyurems, although it lacks the same movepool. However, HP Fire is definetely a good check, and shadow ball is decent coverage. I was struggling to decide what to put in the last slot, because I already had picked out glaceon's only good moves. Then it hit me: I could use Snow Cloak and the decent special bulk to use Wish to heal my party members. That was a good move.

(And yes, it is Hideyoshi gender)

073.gif

The Rain Man (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge

Trait: Rain Dish

EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Scald

- Substitute

- Toxic

- Rapid Spin

Enter the Rock Killer! Armed with a nasty burn to laugh at those AD Carries that can't dance with swords right, toxic venom that deals magic damage with a AP ratio that increases every minute, a mop move that makes you say goodbye to all those spikes Chuck E. Cheese left in your house, and a 2000g bodyguard skill that only uses 25% of your hp to activate! The Rain Man, hired straight from the stream, is here to laugh at rain, laugh at rocks and prove the power of AD Teemo.

I had this thing in mind just from the start. A troll to all physical attackers, an ability that could come handy in rain, decent healing powers and Rapid Spin? Yes please, this was ALL I needed to keep my handy dandy switchy Abomasnow and Glaceon safe and healthy. The synergy is great because it allows Abomasnow and Glaceon to switch more freely, and to utilise Wish in safer conditions too! I had decided Toxic over Toxic Spikes in the last slot, because I find 2 free turns to be rather hard to get my hands on, and I needed a decent sort of staller.

430.gif

Tom Crow-sé (Honchkrow) (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Moxie

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Sucker Punch

- Brave Bird

- Roost

- Superpower

Classy bird is classy. Brave Bird + Life Orb MURDERS the enemy fighters of the south-west region, and Sucker Punch takes revenge for fallen allies in the north. The Superpower Moxie combo decimates those checks in the East, and Roost keep it alive in the west.... and the rest. After all, classy birds gotta have their good healthcare... and good countering.

Originally, this was going to be a Dugtrio revenge killer instead, but I realized I was heavily lacking in a counter against fighting types. And then I saw this classy motherfucker and realized what the hell I should've been thinking. Roost keeps Life Orb and Brave Bird from kicking me in the face, and Sucker Punch is a great priority revenge move. This is such a great revenge killer, I might even like it more than I like Absol. Also, Moxie+Superpower just sealed the deal. Sealed it.

I know I now have a big rock weakness in the team, but I've prepared plenty for it: Rapid Spin, Scald and it's Burns, Focus Blast, Moxie Superpower, Focus Blast, and a Conkeldurr. When searching my options, I found that out of all the 3 member weakness I could've had, Rock was the one I could keep at bay the best, so I've decided to take that path. Can't be perfect, after all.

534.gif

Kruger (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Iron Fist

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Mach Punch

- Drain Punch

- Ice Punch

- Bulk Up

One does not fight Kruger without hearing his theme that would make Chuck Norris cry.

Tired of those physical Dragonites, or want to sweep the weakened enemy deck of cards in the late game? Bulk Up Conker is the way to go. Mach Punch gives a nifty Priority, Drain Punch and Leftovers along with an array of HP Eevees to assist gives Conkeldurr the perfect defense and loyality, and Ice Punch is the check that helps this team the most. Iron Fist is an awesome ability that boosts these moves real good. This was a good choice in my opinion, considering the lack of bulky fighters on our team.

This was rather a filler slot at this point, but as of late I've grown fear for enemies such as Dragonite, so considering Ice Punch on a bulky attacker was pretty much a thing for me. I've used this set in my league team aswell, with Thunder Punch instead, and I still consider it to help out a lot with this team. This thing can sweep up the late game, make stallers and entry hazarders pay, and is beefy as all hell in physical regards. I love it.

Update Log:

• RMT released.
  • Added Update Log 42 seconds later.
  • Now testing to remove either fighting or rock weakness.
  • After some thought, changed Doraemon's nature to Hasty, due to timid's attack nerf which I'm stupid enough to not notice.
  • More testing currently going underway, now focusing on the fighting weakness instead of rock. Heatran will most likely be replaced, with a similar lead but with different capabilities.

Dunkclusion:

No team can be without weaknesses, I've learned. I've tried my best to fill every role and see hail recognized as threatening in OU, and I do wish to receive feedback in order to improve this team. Thank you.

Dunking is not always the easiest task. There will be slammers that can rise higher than you, and you must learn from your mistakes and learn to dunk enemy Vanguard players more efficiently in the future. Consider your own teams, and how they dunk, and learn to slam the very heavens.

Thank you for your waste of a time.

Hey Roo~ Nice hail team! I just have one problem with it though, i don't see a good reason for having Wish on Choice Specs Glaceon even though it has decent bulk, i just seems more logical to me just to have another move to increase it's coverage but that's just my opinion, but overall it's a really nice team.

Rate: 8.5/10

Hey Roo~ Nice hail team! I just have one problem with it though, i don't see a good reason for having Wish on Choice Specs Glaceon even though it has decent bulk, i just seems more logical to me just to have another move to increase it's coverage but that's just my opinion, but overall it's a really nice team.

Rate: 8.5/10

The problem is that Glaceon doesn't have any other good special moves... unless you like water pulse... which I don't :I

Yo

• Be careful with Nerfran in lead. There's other nerf leads like Polinerf and Tynerfitar and Hippownerf which can nerf Nerfran before it can nerf anything. If Sun teams really pose a threat, bring it out later.
  • This team could stand to use a Ghost-type. I don't know who you'd replace on the team (my conscience is telling me Honchkrow, but that's a nifty bunch of moves it has in terms of your team) so I don't know where it'd go.

I'm sure I'll have more things to say about this...interesting RMT. I'll tell you when I do.

>Timid

>Earthquake and Wood Hammer

Other than that Nice team

....damn. I probably should change to an attack boosting nature, since the EVs might not be enough and I'd otherwise be NERFING attack power. Thanks, lamp.

Yo

• Be careful with Nerfran in lead. There's other nerf leads like Polinerf and Tynerfitar and Hippownerf which can nerf Nerfran before it can nerf anything. If Sun teams really pose a threat, bring it out later.
  • This team could stand to use a Ghost-type. I don't know who you'd replace on the team (my conscience is telling me Honchkrow, but that's a nifty bunch of moves it has in terms of your team) so I don't know where it'd go.

I'm sure I'll have more things to say about this...interesting RMT. I'll tell you when I do.

Sun teams were more of something to keep in mind when creating this team. The reason why Nerfran is the lead is because of the Taunting used to stop early hazards. I don't want to be inconvenienced as to sending out tentacruel all the time to do it. That, and Magma Storm can be really good at tripping up an early strategy. Also not really concerned about Nerfowdon due to Hail and Air Balloon.

Ghost types would definetely help against the fighting weakness, although I'm very set on keeping Honchkrow. Tell me more about the situation if you can think of something.

You don't abuse the hail. You use it as an anti-weather.

You're way to weak to fighting types. Honchkrow isn't a check at all and tenta is still a weak mon when it comes to big threat like rakion, breloom or keldeo.

Like, if you're blizzard-locked, keldeo come, sub, and win.

If you really want to abuse hail, there is like one way better mon, maybe he's more common, but dat big kyurem is a boss man.

I'd recomend you the stallish set, cuz it's defintely the better, but if you want to keep the power, stay with specs. You could even go for a scarf one.

To kinda deal with those fighting types, you can do two different things. As you want to stay offensive, you can go with starmie>tenta, and if you used tenta as a 'rain check' you can just go with Sdef abomasnow, as he's one of the best to do so. And really, scarfing it is not really good in OU. The subseed set is really nice, while staying a bit offensive, it's one of the most annoying thing to play against.

Here is an option. All hail team want a fire mon, because it's really cool to use them on it, and work really well. Here, you've got more an utility counter tran than a potential threat. That's why, imo, you could add another fire type.

I'm talking about the big victini. He's a really underused pok on hail teams, but he's one of the best. And guess what, he got perfect synergy with Conkeldurr ! With a trick room set, a Brave nature and an item of your choice (probably not LO as it'd end up his life quickly with hail) is an enormous threat to be recognise. Put a brave nature and conkelderp, change your moveset if you want to, and it's a fantastic duo.

And you probably shouldn't lead with tran, if gene u-turn and you use a random taunt, SR or a fail magmastorm on the incoming dugtrio, really common on sun teams, you'd most-likely loose to those big sun teams.

Other than that, the team is really nice to read.

If it's hail I'd kinda suggest using the Abomasnow for your lead and switching Wood Hammer & Earthquake out for

HP Ground & Giga Drain/Energy ball. Or, Even despite not liking water pulse, Use that instead.

Rate: 8/10.

You're way to weak to fighting types. Honchkrow isn't a check at all and tenta is still a weak mon when it comes to big threat like rakion, breloom or keldeo.

If you really want to abuse hail, there is like one way better mon, maybe he's more common, but dat big kyurem is a boss man.

I'd recomend you the stallish set, cuz it's defintely the better, but if you want to keep the power, stay with specs. You could even go for a scarf one.

To kinda deal with those fighting types, you can do two different things. As you want to stay offensive, you can go with starmie>tenta, and if you used tenta as a 'rain check' you can just go with Sdef abomasnow, as he's one of the best to do so. And really, scarfing it is not really good in OU. The subseed set is really nice, while staying a bit offensive, it's one of the most annoying thing to play against.

Here is an option. All hail team want a fire mon, because it's really cool to use them on it, and work really well. Here, you've got more an utility counter tran than a potential threat. That's why, imo, you could add another fire type.

I'm talking about the big victini. He's a really underused pok on hail teams, but he's one of the best. And guess what, he got perfect synergy with Conkeldurr ! With a trick room set, a Brave nature and an item of your choice (probably not LO as it'd end up his life quickly with hail) is an enormous threat to be recognise. Put a brave nature and conkelderp, change your moveset if you want to, and it's a fantastic duo.

And you probably shouldn't lead with tran, if gene u-turn and you use a random taunt, SR or a fail magmastorm on the incoming dugtrio, really common on sun teams, you'd most-likely loose to those big sun teams.

basically this + you'll prefer bulky glaceon. It resists focus miss well.

8/10

This is a hail team meant to do both abusing and as an anti-weather. It gives some great benefits, such as the obvious one, Blizzard, which is very potent considering Ice is a good offensive type. I've limited this to one pokemon on my team to abuse it, for the sake of anti-weather aswell. I don't want to REALLY abuse hail. I've explained my reasoning for choosing Glaceon over Kyurem in the thread: Simply put, Kyurem has a wider array of weaknesses, one including dragon, that I am not too happy with, considering that scarfed salamences and dragonites could completely ruin my day. However, if I were to consider Kyurem, I would use it offensively. Whether I decide on it depends on the changes made to my team, which I'll decide now. Also,

regarding Keldeo, point taken, but that's no reason to choose Kyurem over Glaceon, because both have the same base special attack stat, and

as so, are equally strong when using specs. Draco Meteor could wipe out sub, but there's the special attack loss, which'd lead to it subbing again.

I personally find subseed abomasnow pathetic. It has far too many weaknesses to pull it off, in my opinion. Also, if the team is so nice to read, you would've realied that Tentacruel's resistance to rain was more of something convenient than it's main purpose, which is to rapid spin and burn physical attackers and rock types that threaten my team. Rapid spin is VITAL if I want this team to work, so there is no way in hell I am replacing tentacruel. However, fighting types are definetely a weakness that I want to remove STAT. Heatran is not entirely a utility pokemon, as Magma Storm is a great move is used wisely, and Earth Power is great too. However, because of the fighting weakness, I will be looking for a replacement to it to solve my fighting type weakness, so cheers for that. However, the reason I put Heatran in lead is because of it's taunting and rocks, so I'll be looking for a way around that when making my team; so my lead will most likely have taunt and stealth rock like Heatran did- thank you. I've already thought up of a great lead to test.

Because I'm removing Heatran, the VictiniConkel combo definetely sounds like a great idea to me. I'll look into it. However, I will most likely not use a Trick Room setup, due to the purpose of this team; to prove the power of hail.

Also, funny story, before Honchkrow I had a Dugtrio on this team instead. Just though I'd mention.

Thanks for the rate.

If it's hail I'd kinda suggest using the Abomasnow for your lead and switching Wood Hammer & Earthquake out for

HP Ground & Giga Drain/Energy ball. Or, Even despite not liking water pulse, Use that instead.

Rate: 8/10.

The reason why I don't have Abomasnow as lead is simple: In a battle, if both sides send out a weather pokemon, the slower one will have his weather activated second. Abomasnow is wearing a choice scarf, so go figure. And if I made him purely special instead of a mixed attacker, then it loses the sort of defense coverage I'm trying to utilise it for.

Also, what's your anger with the Wishswitch strategy? Water Pulse is a horrendous move, even under specs, and it's a waste of a slot to me.

basically this + you'll prefer bulky glaceon. It resists focus miss well.

8/10

Bulky Glaceon is essentially a worser Walrein. I don't plan to use it. If you're talking about a bulky offensive Glaceon however, then due to the testing of Victini, or something similar, I might run it without specs and see what it can pull off.

Well, i don't want you to loose rapid spin, as I've suggested starmie over tentacruel. If used bulky, he can beat some big fighting mons, that your team don't like. Like, scald/psyshock/rapid spin/recover would fit here.

Tenta is also a check to CBzor, who's a pain in the ass for you, so it's 50/50. I'd personally go for starmie as your fighting weakness is way too big, but fine, both are cool mon if used well.

Scarf snowman really don't help you at all, if you want to keep it offensive go for the Ebelt set, really nice one. HP fire to OHKO those scizors who are annoying, wood hammer to both toed and ttar. He pretty much by himself win against volt-turn cores and both ttar and toed.

PS: how the hell can I quote a single sentence ?

Well, i don't want you to loose rapid spin, as I've suggested starmie over tentacruel. If used bulky, he can beat some big fighting mons, that your team don't like. Like, scald/psyshock/rapid spin/recover would fit here.

Tenta is also a check to CBzor, who's a pain in the ass for you, so it's 50/50. I'd personally go for starmie as your fighting weakness is way too big, but fine, both are cool mon if used well.

Scarf snowman really don't help you at all, if you want to keep it offensive go for the Ebelt set, really nice one. HP fire to OHKO those scizors who are annoying, wood hammer to both toed and ttar. He pretty much by himself win against volt-turn cores and both ttar and toed.

PS: how the hell can I quote a single sentence ?

Uh... what do you mean, quote a single sentence?

Anyway, the reason why I run Scarfed Abomasnow is because that there are so many things that outspeed him otherwise, and plenty of those have a move which makes him kick the bucket. This makes him utterly useless in terms of combat, and is more likely to lose a weather war/dispell this way. I use scarf so I can actually take out some of the faster enemies with it.

Oh, and I'm currently editing my team to dispell the fighting weakness, as I said. I'll probably end up kicking out Heatran.