League Team

Conor

Hi everyone, thought i might make an RMT for the new league team I made. any input would be great!

First Glance

609.gif286.gif121.gif612.gif497.gif553.gif

Sets

609.gif(M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Shadow Tag

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Heat Wave

- Energy Ball

- Shadow Ball

- Hidden Power [ice]

Anti lead chandy, traps the opposing lead in and uses scarf speed and his huge sp attk stat to destroy. Heat wave is for triples situations. Energy ball is to handle ground/water pokemon such as swampert and gastradon, as well as ground pokemon in general. Shadow ball is a stab move that hits most pokes hard. Hidden power ice is for coverage against gliscor and dragons. no one really leads with gliscor but i have been seeing some dragonite leads lately.

286.gif (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Technician

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Mach Punch

- Bullet Seed

- Spore

- Swords Dance

as much as i wish i was using a sub punch set for the sake of this picture, i am running instead a tech loom. this guy really helps against sand and is very necessary since Terra always gives me so much trouble. mach punch also gives this team some much needed priority. Spore is... well spore, a high accuracy sleep move. bullet seed gets the technitian boost as well as stab. swords dance is easy to use on this set because of spore. I'm not sure that leftovers is the best choice, i was thinking about maybe trying life orb instead. thoughts, feelings?

121.gif@ Life Orb

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Thunder

- Ice Beam

- Surf

- Grass Knot

oh hey starmie. Starmie is a beast who has so much coverage its not even funny. speed plus nature brings him up to 361 speed. Thunder gives me a strong electrical attack, which will help me do better with amaria this time around. Ice beam is to hit dragons and flyings. Surf is the main attack taking out most things in a OHKO or 2HKO. I use surf over hydro pump for league purposes. Grass knot has the same use as energy ball on chandy, to hit dem bulky water/ground pokes.

612.gif (F) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Mold Breaker

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Dragon Dance

- Dual Chop

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

Haxorus. I mean really not much to say other than hes my dedicated physical sweeper. Dragon dance for the boosts obviously. Dual Chop is to break subs and sashes. Even though it doesn't have as much accuracy as dragon claw... i still use it for some reason. earthquake hits pokes with levitate thanks to mold breaker so screw you gengar. rock slide i used b/c filler. it hits in triples soooo thats a plus i guess.

serperior_by_mm2nd-d39d7yy.jpg (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Contrary

EVs: 128 Def / 128 SDef / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Leaf Storm

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Dragon Pulse

- Substitute

My own seriprior set. 128 split evs in defenses to give some tank ability. most non stab ice beams will have to 3HKO and stab will 2HKO giving serp a chance to leaf storm. Leaf Storm is sick because of contrary. hidden power fire is to take care of ferrothorn. I used dragon pulse to cover dragons since i opted for hp fire over hp ice. Substitute is really a filler but gives serp an opportunity to set up. I'm thinking of replacing it with either glare or giga drain in case LS runs out of PP.

361k48.jpg (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Moxie

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Earthquake

- Crunch

- Stone Edge

- Pursuit

Krookodile is awesome sauce. He's really not all that useful but i use him regardless. this is a typical moxie scarf set. Equake for stab. Crunch for moar stab. Pursuit for EVEn MOAR STAB and to catch them chandys and gengars on the switch out. Stone edge is to take care of the flying types that equake can't hit.

Okay so there's the team, any advice would be appreciated and thanks for reading.

Oh sidenote: when i tried to post this every time i tried to pose a cool picture of the first 4 it said "your not aloud to use that extension on this communitiy" so i just put in sprites for those and kept the pictures i could. kthxbai

Ha-har. You asked, I answered.

• Having Starmie go on a full-frontal assault sounds plausible, but when you look at the rest of the team you've got two choice users, one of them weak to Stealth Rock, and no way to absorb Toxic Spikes. You gotta give Starmie Rapid Spin - perhaps in the place of Grass Knot considering the fact that you have more than enough Grass presence on your team.
  • You have no way to avoid Ground-type attacks. Even though Breloom and Serperior both resist, you still will want something that Chandy can switch into.

This team gets 8.5/10. Some notable weaknesses in the team that be exposed with pokemon like Mamoswine.,but all in all this has nice overall STAB coverage and that will go a long way for you in League.

Yeah i was thinking about rapid spin but who puts up rocks in league besides Terra?

Any leader that wants to. Usually, it will be just Terra and Titania, but even Sigmund laid Stealth Rock down on me before. So anything is possible. But also beware of Toxic Spikes, Spikes, that sort of thing. Since you have nothing that can absorb Toxic Spikes or even be immune to poison, you're inevitably going to face a problem because of it.