Of the Fittest(Interest Check)

Zolfie

It's been awhile since I've been here since I've been working on things on and off. Now I present a community story building project, but be warned, it does have dark themes like cannibalism, homicide, questioning self worth, etc. Here's a summary of the setting: 

2075 CE, Earth. Technological advancements in subjects such as medicine and material production are plentiful, however, forests are slowly withering away, water is being contaminated in densely populated areas, and many animals have gone extinct/are scarce(exceptions being common pets like cats and dogs, livestock animals are also very common). Most extinct species are preserved in labs for other projects.
Cities and towns look as they do today since large scientific discoveries are kept under wraps by the governments and big companies, especially in the US. Rich and mid-upper middle class have decent housing and live near the cities, the poor and homeless are more commonly found dead or foraging for themselves and managing with what they have.
In the US, there is a testing facility, run by the government and businesses, where human-animal hybrids are manufactured. Animals are artificially cloned and their genes are kept for repeated experimentation. The people are taken off of the streets, have any and all records wiped, and brought in for experimentation with animal genes as both experiments on animals and humans are illegal. From here on in, they are further tested with either the same genes or more are added over time. The purpose of the facility is to test new products to sell on store shelves. The other use for it is simply to put the mutants to good use, like dogs for tracking, birds for scouts, fish for deep-sea diving, etc. Any attempts to escape is usually met with a barrage of bullets.
The whole point of the facility is to make money off of people. No hidden war tactics since just about every government is in on this. The only exception are the governments that have already cut ties off with the rest of the world, simple as that. Every big company you know participates in these tortures and horrors, yes, places as simple as Walmart or Amazon would know about this hell. Some rich families also tend to look into it to possibly make more money than they already do. All of it is a cycle of greed.

If there is any interest, I'll send a link to the full document and Discord server.