Any point to beating Corey?

FennecFyre

Got back into the game after ages and I'm finally making progress, just got to Corey's gym after fighting Taka and Zel over the Pulse-thing. But since he doesn't give me a badge to raise my level cap, what other reason is there to fight him? I'm considering just skipping him.

Its important for the plot to beat him...if you want to experience the full story, you should try to find all of the police officers before you fight Taka and ZEL. This will change both, Coreys dialogue and battle.

Later on in the game, you have a chance to discover his true background story. Though what the consequences are and how this will affect his daughter is still unknown.

Later in the game, there is a silver key card to be found (I believe it is in Ametrine mountain). It will open a secret door in Coreys gym. There you can find his diary and learn more about him. Though in order to get it, you first need to find Coreys silver wedding ring. I think thats hidden in his Gym as well.