A traditional English Summer

TsundereQueenZephi

38.gif3.gif186.gif485.gif230.gif357.gif

I made this team for an old theme tourney but it was too late for me to enter. However I still use it from time to time as from my test results it came over rather positive, winning 8/10 matches.

The team itself is based around three core types, Water, Fire and Grass. All weak/Super effective against one another. Most of the pokes are here for strategic reasons though one was just randomly thrown into the mix and just happened to work rather well with the rest of the team.

38.gif@ Leftovers

Trait: Drought

EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spd

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- SolarBeam

- Flamethrower

- Protect

- Hidden Power [Ground]

The pokemon with the most pressure upon it, my Ninetails gives stat boosts to two of my pokemon as both Tropius and Vena both have Chlorophyll. With the speed boost and the fire-type boost to Heatran this fox-like pokemon is the backbone of this team

3.gif@ Life Orb

Trait: Chlorophyll

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Growth

- Seed Bomb

- Return

- Earthquake

A powerhouse sweeper, Vena can sweep quite a few types and is able to take on a fair amount of damage against the right pokes. Although a Rain team can slow him down significantly Vena can still take down teams given the right stat boosts given by Growth.

186.gif@ Wacan Berry

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Scald

- Ice Beam

- Hidden Power [Grass]

- Psychic

My other backbone of the team. Once the Grass and fire types are out of the way the water types can come and play. Drizzle sets up perfectly for my Kindgra later, that is unless a different weather comes in to stop it from happening. It's verity of moves also helps it stand up against many types, it's moves being able to take down most easily and enabled to cover most types.

485.gif @ Air Balloon

Trait: Flash Fire

EVs: 128 Def / 184 SAtk / 152 SDef / 44 Spd

- Fire Blast

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Earth Power

- Stealth Rock

A random poke to be thrown into all of this I didn't find much of a reason why to include it into the team. Though once I tested it out it seemed to work really well and has remained on the team. It's balloon makes it able to dodge one critical ground move to enable either an attack or a set up, depending on whether a sacrifice or not would matter the out come of the game. A quick fire type attack could also boost it's power making this poke a bitch to get rid of.

230.gif@ Life Orb

Trait: Swift Swim

EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd

- Surf

- Dragon Pulse

- Signal Beam

- Ice Beam

A swift-swimming nightmare, Kingdra can take on the world with it's Life Orb. Again, with the verity makes it enabled to take on many different types of pokemon, out-speeding and outclassing many of the same type of pokemon. Though it's defensive stats are not the best Kindgra really will go down kicking and screaming.

357.gif@ Expert Belt

Trait: Chlorophyll

EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 32 SDef / 112 Spd

- Giga Drain

- Air Slash

- Dragon Pulse

- Silver Wind

My little secret weapon. It's underused nature makes Tropius are real surprise to see, especially once it starts out-speeding other pokemon. The expert belt adds insult to injury with the super effective moves and its set of moves it is able to take one most pokemon. Though, like Vena, it has a trouble with flying types it can at least try and go down by taking away some valuable HP with it.

Why Growth but no special moves? And why Return? Return is only good if it gets STAB. Sleep Powder over Return. Put them to sleep the first turn or on a switch, then bulk up on Growth. HP Fire for Scizor, Skarm, Ferro and it gets Sun boost. I pick Giga Drain because it'll recover your health after damage from Life Orb. But if you want power then use Solar Beam.

In case you weren't aware, Growth also boosts physical attacks, so that's fine. But apart from that, pretty much everything AP said here.

I'd also recommend putting Draco Meteor over Signal Beam on Kingdra, so you have more of an option when deciding on power vs punishment.

First of all AP. Physical Victreebel? Are you clinically insane XDDD

Onto the actual rate however, it isn't a bad team, I definitely see potential in it I just think it needs to be refined more than it has been. All Special pokemon is not the way forward and the lack of a pivot is very obvious. I would recommend either a Mixed/Physical Venusaur or a Sawsbuck as your Sun abusing phys sweeper. (kingy's fine as special, needs moar DM though, Signal Beam is bollocks)

Pivot wise you could change Heatran into a Physical(ish) wall OR change Tropius for a more mixed wall to turn to in case the opponent gets some momentum up. I would probably recommend Cresselia. Cress under Sun with Moonlight is a complete bitch to take down. And will give you more defensive prowess instead of a pretty frail 6 pokemon (with the exception of Politoed on the special side)

My two cents.

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Multiscale

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Fire Blast

- Hurricane

- Draco Meteor

- ExtremeSpeed

Replace Tropius with Dnite. Because well, being blunt it's shit. This set will benefit from both rain and sun. Draco for STAB and ES for priority.

Anything is viable if you use it correctly, and it's no different with Tropius. He can use it if he wants to. I WOULD recommend getting Solarbeam over Silver Wind, because loads of things can KO it if you're not careful, and shaky stat boosts with a move with low power isn't going to be really worth it on Tropius if you're lucky (although I will admit that a boosted tropius is a monster, so you could put it over Giga Drain too). I'd recommend focus sash over expert belt too, for the earlier reason aswell.

Another reason why Tropius is viable, especially in this case, is because it's a Chlorophyll user. However, I would advise being careful how you switch between sun and rain on your team, because enemy rain teams will walk all over Tropius with Ice Beams (ironically D-nite too). If you're up against a rain team, I'd recommend prioritising sun to utilise Tropius, and using your rain users as counters instead.

Did you know there was a Plusle Minun combo sweeping OU about half a year ago? Yeah. Less powerful pokemon in OU are, most of the time, in not-serious teams, but it doesn't mean they can't be used.

Me here.

• Thumbs up to Bananasaur. However, Silver Wind is a no-no in OU, especially when your Hidden Power is free. Go with Hidden Power [Fighting] so that ugly thing named Heatran doesn't become an issue.
  • I agree with Roo the Baka on the Dragonite thing, but I say replace Heatran instead of Tropius. Kinda useless in rain as his STAB is halved and he has two 4x weaknesses. At least Tropius has some nifty resistances (as otherwise you don't have another resist / immunity to Ground).
  • The Waca-waca fruit doesn't need to be on Politoed as Venusaur resists Electric and Ninetales can tank a lot of Electric attacks. Expert Belt is better, I think. Also I like to think that Hidden Power [Electric] is better than [Grass] because you don't have any Electric-type STABs on your team.

9/10. The extra point because sun/rain combo teams are very hard to prepare for when they're executed properly, which looks to be the case here.

Why in the bloody hell would you replace Heatran when it's a sun team? Sure it's a sun/rain dual weather team, but that doesn't mean Heatran has to go. Tropius has no purpose in this team. Dragonite can do what he can and even more. Keep Tran because he needs a SR and Taunt, and Heatran and do both, easily.

Then stop complaining about Dragonite being more useful in RAIN, when Sun plays a part in this team aswell. Tropius is here to benefit the sun side of the team, which he's a monster on. This team is made to be sun/rain to make the most of abilities that can be utilized during these weathers, to, and if that Tropius is being used in the effects of sun, it'll be monstrous (provided it has solarbeam).

Also, you're highly exaggerating. No purpose on this team? I don't think you get the reason why this Venusaur is physical. It's because Tropius is a deadly threat in it's own right (provided that you replace Silver Wind, Explosms).

Oh... I think there was a certain reason why Dragonite isn't seen often lately... what was it again? Oh. Mhm.

My point is that Tropius is just as viable on this team as Dragonite could be (oh, and if you're facing another rain team your dragonite will have a lot of fun trying to take Ice Beams while trying to use Hurricane, which has subpar accuracy). Whether Explosms chooses to keep any two of Heatran, Tropius and Dragonite is up to him. This is an RMT, where you're supposed to recommend decisions and explain the reasoning behind them, not just slapping some random set on and arguing about how a certain pokemon is shit without giving some more detail.

Deadly threat? Tropius?

Give me ONE reason how Tropius is beneficial in Rain that Dragonite can't do.

-Dragonite can take Surfs, Hydro Pump like Tropius

-Dragonite has access to Fire Punch, Fire Blast, which are boosted in Sun. Tropius does not.

-Dragonite has Hurricane which NEVER misses in rain.

Tropius has a base speed of 51. It's speed will barely reach over 400, which is bad for a Chlorophyll user. Once Sun is out of the picture, bye bye Tropius. Ice Beam says Hi.

You see Dragonite doesn't have to worry about what weather is out. Because the set I gave him can work on any weather, non? Prove me wrong? I dare you.

Dragonite can take an Ice Beam unlike Tropius. Because Dnite has Multiscale. The common Pokemon that use Ice Beam in rain? Ludi OHKO'd by Hurricane. Kingdra OHKO'd by Draco Meteor (after SR damage)

Good game.

Clearly you didn't read half of my post. The point is that just because somebody wants to use a Tropius over a Dragonite, and it's at least decently viable, doesn't mean you need to go on an utter swearing rage about the whole thing. Oh, and while I'm at it, since your language is being used derogatorily, it technically breaks the Reborn rules.

Also, why would you try to use Hurricane against a Ludicolo in rain when the thing has Swift Swim and Ice Beam? Same deal with Kingdra; it'll destroy Dragonite before it can destroy it.

Yes, Dragonite is a better general choice, but it doesn't mean Tropius is any less viable.

It's a RMT. I'm blunt with my rantings, I don't sugar coat things. k? ^^

Again, read my post. Dragonite has Multiscale. Which cuts the damage in half at full HP and Dnite is bulkier than Tropius so it's going to live. Swift Swim has nothing to do with it. Yes, it's faster than Dnite but that doesn't mean it can kill it. Hurricane will take our Ludi in one hit after SR and/or LO damage. Same goes for Kingdra.

Yes and an RMT means you should spend more time pointing out counters, flaws with movesets and the such, and MORE than one suggestion, just maybe, rather than shove Dragonite in our faces, k?

Again, read MY post. As I've said for the umpteenth time, it's his choice whether to use Tropius or not. That and, the core consists of Fire/Water/Grass pokemon because that's what the tourney was based on. Care to make a solution for that instead?

I pointed out counters, flaws and gave suggestions. My job here is done, Roo.

I didn't see counters

But whatever. Looking back at this argument, we're both said some rather silly things. It's better to just keep it from escalating, so I guess my job here is done too.

Why in the bloody hell would you replace Heatran when it's a sun team? Sure it's a sun/rain dual weather team, but that doesn't mean Heatran has to go.

Heatran @ Air Balloon

Trait: Flash Fire

EVs: 128 Def / 184 SAtk / 152 SDef / 44 Spd

- Fire Blast

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Earth Power

- Stealth Rock

A random poke to be thrown into all of this I didn't find much of a reason why to include it into the team.

I rest my case

>that feel when people that never battle are critiquing RMTs like they know something

Anyway, I like the concept of the team. I'm not sure how viable the Sun/Rain thing is, especially since if your ninetales dies than everything on your team is screwed because most of your team is sun instead of balanced between sun and rain. Anyway, Max HP / Max Def Chansey walls this entire team, even venusaur. I recommend running Dugtrio in place of Tropius that way you have a better grip on the weather war and you can kill of Tyranitar a lot easier.

If you want to keep tropius, I recommend swapping the purposes of Tropius and Venusaur and making Tropius Dragon Dance and Venusaur special. +1 Tropius with Life Orb can actually do quite a bit to the OU metagame.

You need something to take on mamoswine. Kingdra obviously beats Mamo 1v1, but you need something to switch into mamoswine to take moves. I recommend replacing either Venusaur or Tropius with Skarmory, that way you can have more hazards and you have a physical wall on your team so stuff like Mamoswine and DD Dragonite don't completely run over your team.

>that feel when people that never battle are critiquing RMTs like they know something

Anyway, I like the concept of the team. I'm not sure how viable the Sun/Rain thing is, especially since if your ninetales dies than everything on your team is screwed because most of your team is sun instead of balanced between sun and rain. Anyway, Max HP / Max Def Chansey walls this entire team, even venusaur. I recommend running Dugtrio in place of Tropius that way you have a better grip on the weather war and you can kill of Tyranitar a lot easier.

If you want to keep tropius, I recommend swapping the purposes of Tropius and Venusaur and making Tropius Dragon Dance and Venusaur special. +1 Tropius with Life Orb can actually do quite a bit to the OU metagame.

You need something to take on mamoswine. Kingdra obviously beats Mamo 1v1, but you need something to switch into mamoswine to take moves. I recommend replacing either Venusaur or Tropius with Skarmory, that way you can have more hazards and you have a physical wall on your team so stuff like Mamoswine and DD Dragonite don't completely run over your team.

• I do battle, thank you very much. I'm not a complete dumbass when it comes to this, so would you kindly not lie about that?
  • This team has a core of Fire/Water/Grass because it was made for a theme tournament. It'd be better to recommend pokemon with one of those three types, because I doubt he's planning to make this into a standard team.

Or just replace it with Skarm, which would fix several problems within your team. But overall, nice Rmt!

The team itself is based around three core types, Water, Fire and Grass. All weak/Super effective against one another.

Please, everyone's starting to miss the point.

Skarmory can't be put on here...

he said the team is now being used for standard play. this "cores" thing isn't an official tier so he can't play anyone against it. there's no point in keeping it in the format designed for that tier.

lando-t > tropius imo, which i've already said to him on the server

TFW when he says it on the server but not on the forums ;;