No Weather At All

ohsnoes

I downloaded Episode 17 a week ago and have noticed that there has been no weather at all, this is a new file and not an update (new computer as well). Is there something I did wrong or is weather no longer in the game? Sorry to bother you all but I was just curious if there is something I can do with my game to get weather working.

1 hour ago, ohsnoes said:

I downloaded Episode 17 a week ago and have noticed that there has been no weather at all, this is a new file and not an update (new computer as well). Is there something I did wrong or is weather no longer in the game? Sorry to bother you all but I was just curious if there is something I can do with my game to get weather working.

What does the TV say the forcast is?

16 hours ago, seki108 said:

What does the TV say the forcast is?

Rain and Windy until sunny in a few days.

9 hours ago, SolTheHoeQween said:

did ya try to delete all the files then redownload?

When I am done deleting files do I also delete them from my recycling bin?

17 minutes ago, ohsnoes said:

Rain and Windy until sunny in a few days.

You can set your computer's clock ahead a few times to see if you eventually get any change in weather; I think it is supposed to have a chance of changing every 8 or 12 real hours, so just use 12.

If you do this 12 hour forward change enough times with no changes (after say, entering and leaving a building every time), then maybe delete your current game folder and redownload it, like SolTheHoeQween suggested.  You shouldn't have to clear them from recycling bin, though you are free to do so.

7 hours ago, seki108 said:

You can set your computer's clock ahead a few times to see if you eventually get any change in weather; I think it is supposed to have a chance of changing every 8 or 12 real hours, so just use 12.

If you do this 12 hour forward change enough times with no changes (after say, entering and leaving a building every time), then maybe delete your current game folder and redownload it, like SolTheHoeQween suggested.  You shouldn't have to clear them from recycling bin, though you are free to do so.

Heyo, sorry to hijack this post, but I *think* I have the same problem as ohsnoes. My weather has said theres gonna be a spike in temperatures and more sun than I can aim a solar beam at or something, but there's been no noticeable difference for the week I've been playing. Been stuck on that weather too the entire time. I tried the 12 hour skip both on my old folder, and one I just downloaded and no change. I'm on Mac if that matters, and I downloaded from local the first time, and Megasync the second time. Is it just because of messing with the clock? But that usually just causes the weather to be stuck... not omitted altogether. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful!

@Lord_Ludo (of course quoting broke again).  The problem may stem from Mac, since there are sometime other reported issues.  Changing the computer's time only moves the weather forwards or backwards (like it's done in the past), so the getting no weather at all no matter the forcast is probably not related.  If re-downloading didn't solve the problem, then that's the limit of what I can solidly help.

If you or @ohsnoes need weather for a certain event, the weather select mod is always an option (comes with added benefit of allowing use of HMs/TMXs without a mon knowing the move).

@seki108 Thanks seki, I was gonna try that mod and see if it overrode the problem, but didn't want it to accidentally cause more issues. I'll give it a try!

Edit: I actually just downloaded it and it worked perfectly, so weather is definitely still in my game. Not sure why it isn't working normally, but thanks for the help!