Trainer's Pokemon Gender Not Static?

Mechathulhu

So, in preparation for a themed run, I noticed that other than non-gender/100% Male/100% Female Pokemon, the leaders/rivals/Team Meteors Pokemon aren't always one specific gender. Whether it might be different per ecounter/attempt in a fight or a different file is lost on me, but my sneaking suspicion is that it might follow the percentage ratios as if encountered in the wild or like a hatched egg. I don't know for certain though, can this be clarified?

8 minutes ago, Mechathulhu said:

So, in preparation for a themed run, I noticed that other than non-gender/100% Male/100% Female Pokemon, the leaders/rivals/Team Meteors Pokemon aren't always one specific gender. Whether it might be different per ecounter/attempt in a fight or a different file is lost on me, but my sneaking suspicion is that it might follow the percentage ratios as if encountered in the wild or like a hatched egg. I don't know for certain though, can this be clarified?

I think someone who knows about it commented that this a thing with Pokemon essentials in general.  Even the abilities can be different between battles (best seen in some Grand Hall trainers), unless specifically locked to a certain one.  There are even odd times where people have encounter things like a wild female Tauros.

9 minutes ago, Mechathulhu said:

Ah I see, thanks for the info. I was just made curious because of a couple inconsistencies that might slightly effect a strategy I have in mind. It'll be interesting to see if this will be a detriment or an asset to me.

I'm fairly certain every major battle has locked abilities.  Mostly just the not important ones seem to have a degree of randomness.