Evading Evasion

Shanco

Well, I've used clefable ALL THE TIME in OU, and the lower tiers, and usually dominates the enemies. The key being to set up on somebody that doesn't have a fighting type attack first. Just because a pokemon isn't OU doesn't make it weak. Take shuckle for example, i've been having fun sweeping teams with him lately :D (Ou, and once an ubers team that made the mistake of letting it set up, not sure if it was the "noobish ubers" Or someone who knew that tiers.) And clefable has taken out many baton passing teams before, as well as pokemon that stat-up in general. As for the low sp.atk, it generally isn't that bad. In uu though, I have passed calm mind and shell smash to it, which really just makes it overkill once you set up further.

As for the fighting types you mentioned, Clefable usually doesn't fear them. He/she usually gets to at least +2 before they swap in a fighting type, and at that point stored power/focus blast usually takes them out anyway.

(I'm not the only one who baton passes to mr.mime anymore? :| )

Edited by renowner

Well, I've used clefable ALL THE TIME in OU, and the lower tiers, and usually dominates the enemies. The key being to set up on somebody that doesn't have a fighting type attack first. Just because a pokemon isn't OU doesn't make it weak. Take shuckle for example, i've been having fun sweeping teams with him lately :D (Ou, and once an ubers team that made the mistake of letting it set up, not sure if it was the "noobish ubers" Or someone who knew that tiers.) And clefable has taken out many baton passing teams before, as well as pokemon that stat-up in general. As for the low sp.atk, it generally isn't that bad. In uu though, I have passed calm mind and shell smash to it, which really just makes it overkill once you set up further.

As for the fighting types you mentioned, Clefable usually doesn't fear them. He/she usually gets to at least +2 before they swap in a fighting type, and at that point stored power/focus blast usually takes them out anyway.

(I'm not the only one who baton passes to mr.mime anymore? :| )

Hmm, usually Magic Guard clefable seems more common in OU.

Oh, that guy crep's been passing a lot to Mr. Mime :P

Well if most people see a clifable they will switch to fighting poke immeadiately making clafable only able to set up 1 cosmic power max. Also phasers like skarmory are very common in higher levels of play which clafable won't even be able to dent. While you have had success useing it against a baton passing team, against high level ou team it just won't contribute to team.

I had previously locked this topic here before, but I'm reopening it due to the importance of Evasion in Clear Skies. Be sure to post your ideas here if you think of any that have yet to be listed!

• 2 months later...

viable pokes in cs or any other weather besides rain to counter evasion= only haze xatu because its move pool isnt that much effected with haze (lose heatwave/ reflect depending on team so its going to still be very detrimental) and it cant be taunted and is somewhat playable in OU

Other than that you are forced to use rain in ladder if you want to counter so gl with that.

Items (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

These items are the least of your problems, as they don't cause as much of a problem as the others. The best thing to do is prepare yourself with something like a Substitute or defensive stat-ups so you have more opportunities to strike back.

Start of turn 8

Lucario used Substitute!

Lucario made a substitute!

The foe's Swampert used Curse!

The foe's Swampert's Attack rose!

The foe's Swampert's Defense rose!

The foe's Swampert's Speed fell!

Start of turn 9

Lucario used Ice Punch!

The attack of Lucario missed!

The foe's Swampert used Earthquake!

It's super effective!

Lucario's substitute faded!

Start of turn 10

Lucario used Close Combat!

A critical hit!

The foe's Swampert lost 100% of its health!

The foe's Swampert fainted!

Lucario's Defense fell!

Lucario's Sp. Def. fell! [/Quote]

Very convenient that you hit and crit the swapert on you second turn? If you had crit it in the first place than there woulda been no need for a useless sub which only drains away hp. With fake logs you can make any unlikely situation possible.

Start of turn 15

Nobunaga called Mismagius back!

Nobunaga sent out Derpy! (Bibarel)

Lucario used Ice Punch!

It's not very effective...

The foe's Derpy lost 12% of its health!

Rain continues to fall.

The foe's Derpy's Moody sharply raises its Sp. Def.!

The foe's Derpy's Moody lowers its Defense!

Start of turn 16

Lucario used Close Combat!

It's super effective!

The foe's Derpy hung on thanks to its Focus Band!

The foe's Derpy lost 86% of its health!

Lucario's Defense fell!

Lucario's Sp. Def. fell!

The foe's Derpy used Subsitute!

The foe's Derpy made a substitute!

Rain continues to fall.

The foe's Derpy's Moody sharply raises its Evasion!

The foe's Derpy's Moody lowers its Defense! [/Quote]

Whut! A Pokémon can’t use substitute after it loses 86% of its Hp. Also what if “derpy” raised its evasion 2 times and then you miss or it spams protect/sub. You just have to hope it only increases accuracy and lower their other stats

As for the rest of you post I should have already addressed it. No one is going to teach their Pokémon miracle eye/ lock on / curse unless they face a bp team.

Reborn's game is made into what it is through this stuff. It's not going anywhere, so hopefully you can adapt. How did you beat Koga's Muk, after all?

Not really :/. I dont want to make this an evasion debate but reborn game wasn't made into what it is by this stuff but by the fact that it is a community server. Most people don't flock to reborn because their tiers are so darn good but because its a community server. Its not going to hurt reborn at all if they also made it fun for competitive battlers as well.

Thankfully koga didnt baton pass minimizes to other pokes and he also didn't have access stored power back than and had only poison type Pokemon. Also you could have over leveled you Pokemon and than beaten him as well. To bad now there's a lot of more moves that complement minimize making it more viable and you also cant heal or give your Pokemon x accuracies in pokemon online.

Uh...

well then.

Other than that you are forced to use rain in ladder if you want to counter so gl with that.

This could not be further from the truth. While it's nifty having Hurricane and Thunder hit perfectly, there are still countless other aspects that are just as viable to counter evasion, hence why we are having this discussion.

Very convenient that you hit and crit the swapert on you second turn? If you had crit it in the first place than there woulda been no need for a useless sub which only drains away hp. With fake logs you can make any unlikely situation possible.

This is completely irrelevant, as is the comment about the Substitute (which by the way was fixed). It was just for demonstrative purposes.

I'm not even going to respond to the last part.

EDIT: The guide has been fixed yet again; Bibarel are pretty awesome but they still can't sub at 1 HP, and did a few terminology fixes.

Could you than explain to me how substitute counters bright powder? You do no even know if a person had bright powder unless you miss!?

In the log you had ice punch miss than close combat crit the second turn.

If you didn't crit it still would have killed you.

And what was wrong with my last part?