How is golisopod usable in my team?

flarelightning

Since i played Pkmn Moon i thought to play sometime with an thug-based team and decided to do that in reborn because my old team and playstyle has become boring and it fits in this game. So i build this team below here however i'm not sure whether this team could cooperate with the ability of golisopod or not. So i wanted to hear you're thoughts to this build (and i know that magnezone and venusaur maybe doesn't fit in this theme but i haven't any ideas for other suitable teammates therefore are other good suggestions welcome.

-Scrafty

-Golisopod

-Charizard (mega x)

-Magnezone

-Bisaflor

-Rhyperior or Noivern

ps. I know i'm weak against a garchomp and due to solaris i alsowould like to ask, whether noivern could handle it in a comeback of solaris with a draco meteor.

Golisopod is a funny mon to work with. It's a bulky revenge killer/sweeper but once it hit's 50% HP it spins (sorry for the YGO terminology). This can be a disadvantage, but when you know how to use it it's a good weapon. The biggest reason it works well is its Signature move: First Impression. a base 90 (I think?) bug type move that works like Fake Out but without the flinch. I don't think I need to explain how it synergizes with the ability. For the rest stacking up priority or hard-hitting moves tends to work (not much need for setting up, because you can get spun any time)

I used First impression and sucker punch primarly on mine, with two other movesdepending on coverage. I used it to assasinate Psychic mons that my team is bad against as am not carrying dark pulse on greninja, other than that makes sure to use sucker punch on the turn you think you'll drop below half. it's a good pokemon with great ATK and DEF and i enjoyed using it a lot( favorite alolan mon).

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

For the rest stacking up priority or hard-hitting moves tends to work (not much need for setting up, because you can get spun any time)

Sorry englisch is not my native language- do you mean with spun rapid spin? And what are stacking up priority moves?

No, I mean spun in the way it's used in Yugioh. The term spinning in that TCG/ocg means returning a card to the deck. Golisopod returns to the trainer at 50% hp, thus in my mind, it spins back

19 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

No, I mean spun in the way it's used in Yugioh. The term spinning in that TCG/ocg means returning a card to the deck. Golisopod returns to the trainer at 50% hp, thus in my mind, it spins back

And what do you mean with stacking up priority moves?

19 minutes ago, RealIlluminati said:

Sorry englisch is not my native language- do you mean with spun rapid spin? And what are stacking up priority moves?

Wolfox means that, since Golisopod is slow, if you put many moves that go first (priority moves) in its moveset, it counters the Emergency Exit disadvantage, since it will surely Attack first, and, even if its HP drops below 50% and it returns, it will have dealt damage to the opponent. 

Moves like First Impression, Aqua Jet, Sucker Punch are a must on Golisopod. Set-up moves like Swords Dance on the other hand, not so great...

1 minute ago, Jess said:

Wolfox means that, since Golisopod is slow, if you put many moves that go first (priority moves) in its moveset, it counters the Emergency Exit disadvantage, since it will surely Attack first, and, even if its HP drops below 50% and it returns, it will have dealt damage to the opponent. 

Moves like First Impression, Aqua Jet, Sucker Punch are a must on Golisopod. Set-up moves like Swords Dance on the other hand, not so great...

Ah ok thank you, i was completely confused. And sorry but i have one more question open, what would fit more in my team; Noivern or Rhyperior?

4 minutes ago, RealIlluminati said:

Ah ok thank you, i was completely confused. And sorry but i have one more question open, what would fit more in my team; Noivern or Rhyperior?

Personally, I'd prefer Rhyperior. 3 of your mons are weak to Flying types (Scrafty, Venusaur and Golisopod) and Rhyperior can help with that. If you get Noivern, not only you won't cover that, but you will have 3 mons weak to Rocks as well (Charizard, Golisopod and Noivern). Also, it is good in general to have 3 Special attackers and 3 physical attackers in a team, to keep balance and not get easily walled. Also, Ground STAB is very important for a team, and Rhyperior with Rock Head and massive Defense can take a hit, even if it's 4x effective, and come back to get the OHKO with it's incredible Attack and strong STAB combination. The only bad thing is that your team will be kinda slow in general (Scrafty, Golisopod, Rhyperior, Magnezone, Venusaur). But overall, you should be fine, since you have solid defences.

10 hours ago, Hooligan said:

I use Golisopod with Assault Vest, because it increases Sp. Def by 1.5x and also, I only use physical attacking moves. It can get like 354/316/324 in defensive stats at Level 100, max IVs and 252 HP EVs, holding a Assault Vest, since its bulky stats are 75/140/90. Also, it have 125 base Attack, which allows to get 383 Attack with a Attack beneficial Nature.

Also, it is very useful to use Brave or Adamant Nature, but I use Brave in case there is a Trick Room exerting the changes of Speed, but it's not really necessary because it have 3 priority moves: First Impression, Sucker Punch and Aqua Jet. The last one can only be obtainable through breeding with Pokemon like Clauncher. Leech Life is another option to use as a fourth slot move, because it can heal HP, and since First Impression have +2 priority, only attacks once for each time the Pokemon is in the field, which means that Emergency Exit is a good thing for this move or it would be very OP, so Leech Life is a very good option, which could be replaced by Liquidation.

You could also add a Krookodile, because Wynaut? It's Dark-type and looks is another Pokemon which Roughnecks, Cue Balls and Hooligans use. And it can have Moxie with Jolly Nature and full investment in Attack and Speed. You can have Earthquake at Level 54 and Crunch at Level 28 (which you can replace by Knock Off later). Even if you already have Scrafty, you can make your game more challenging, trying to beat a Gym with a team with Pokemon of the same type. It was exactly what I did with Steel-type, which I've beaten all the Gyms up to date. If I tell more Thug and Hooligan Pokemon, it would include mostly Dark-types.

Cheers mate, this is exactly the help i needed and although i like challenges,is reborn on monotype maybe a little bit to much for me, maybe i have more free time in the next episode since my holidays are soon over. My last remaining question is where i could find the assault vest?

2 hours ago, RealIlluminati said:

Cheers mate, this is exactly the help i needed and although i like challenges,is reborn on monotype maybe a little bit to much for me, maybe i have more free time in the next episode since my holidays are soon over. My last remaining question is where i could find the assault vest?

You have to renovate the Railway to get the Assault Vest. Do that, then go and collect it from the Underground Railway place (where you got all the lvl 5 Woobats). Which means, after defeating Ciel, in the renovated Reborn City.