[Interest Check] PersonaVeins and XCRWBY

Shamitako

Would either of these concepts interest you?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Would either of these concepts interest you?

• PersonaVeins
    • XCRWBY
    • Both
    • Neither

Hi there, it's Lexi again, back with more crazy RP ideas. I'm going to be starting up a new one in early -mid January and I've got two ideas that I want to guage interest for. I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment of your time to read the following summaries and vote in the poll. Also please ask questions, answering them helps me flesh out my ideas.

PersonaVeins:

Veins is a Pokemon-based RP about people who can use the power of Pokemon thanks to a fancy machine. Or was the previous times I've tried the concept. This time around they can use Pokemon powers thanks to a metaphysical bond with a Pokemon's spirit. I haven't much of a story concept fleshed out, but most likely its set in a world where Pokemon don't exist. Combat would most likely be freeform and also pretty prevalent. Also I know next to nothing of Persona, the similarity in concept is a total accident. I may try to take some inspiration from there when I work on the story.

XCRWBY

An original setting heavily inspired by RWBY and XCX, with a story largely inspired by XC1 and RWBY, and mechanics that are supposed to allude to XC2 and RWBY. Yeah, this one actually lives up to both halves of its name. :P For the most part this would be focused on exploring the world and fighting Grimm. The system would be fairly low-RNG and put an emphasis on weapon customization.

5 minutes ago, Twinwolf said:

I would appreciate elaboration on both, to be honest

Because I love both Persona and RWBY but don't know the other aspects of the combinations soooo I'd appreciate being able to know what they actually are :P

Veins is basically just people with Pokemon powers. It'd be kind of like playing in a Mystery Dungeon RP except you're not a human turned into a Pokemon, just with the powers of one. I know you've played TMS#FE, so think of it kinda like that but Pokemon.

I havr no clue where to start on Xenoblub, because all three games are pretty huge (and I've not even touched their predecessors yet). The story of XC1 is, complicated at best. I really don't trust myself to explain it well. But basically it's a story about people fighting evil robots with a lot of moral greys and questions about what it really means to be human.

The main thing I'd be yoinking from XCX would be the basic world setup, which is a couple distinct areas of different biomes that can be freely explored. This would be somewhat RWBYfied to include RWBY locations and some changes to the biomes to be a little more like Remnant.

And XC2 I'd mostly just be using some inspiration to effect how the system works. Mainly there'd be a sort of arts palette system.