Sand stall

Conor

Okay so this is another sand team i built after reading some articles on stall. I feel like this team has some real potential but, it definitely needs some help.

First Glance

248.gif121.gif113.gif227.gif485.gif448.gif

248.gif (M) @ Chople Berry

Trait: Sand Stream

EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SAtk

Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)

- Pursuit

- Fire Blast

- Stone Edge

- Ice Beam

weather lead. mix ttar for coverage against skarmbliss. pursuit to revenge kill chandy on the switch out. ice beam to hit dragons and gliscors.

121.gif@ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 212 Def / 44 SAtk / 252 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Recover

- Rapid Spin

- Psychic

- Scald

Defensive Starmie with my own EV spread. tanks any fighting type attack aimed at tyranitar, chansey, or heatran. the only reason i would use him instead of switching into skarmory is if i want to either damage the opponent, or if i need to rapid spin away hazards. scald is used to attempt to burn the ferrothron that always seem to switch into starmie.

113.gif (F) @ (No Item)

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Seismic Toss

- Wish

- Protect

- Thunder Wave

Chansey is to tank any special attack that comes my way. thunder wave to slow down sweepers that come in and try to set up. wish for team support. protect for obvious reasons. seismic toss to beat taunt. the only reason i chose chansey over blissey was because chansey is just so much better at tanking special attacks, i''d gladly give up the little bit of sp attack blissey has in order to tank a lot better with evolite.

227.gif(M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Spikes

- Roost

- Whirlwind

- Brave Bird

the other half to the main stall of the team. skarmory walls physical attacks like a boss, but im sure everyone already knows that. switches in on a physical attack and gets to set up some spikes for free on the switch in. brave bird in case of taunt. roost to heal. Whirlwind to phaze. pretty much self explanatory.

485.gif(M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Flash Fire

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Lava Plume

- Stealth Rock

- Protect

- Toxic

classic special defense heatran. he has some toxic stall going with toxic and protect. lava plume to do some damage and to spread status considering it has 30% chance of burn. stealth rock to ya know... set up stealth rock.

448.gif(F) @ Normal Gem

Trait: Steadfast

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- ExtremeSpeed

- Swords Dance

- Drain Punch

- Earthquake

I have no idea why Lucario is on this team. he was suggested to be by washman. it was a pretty good selection though because with the priority he can come in and clean up late game when the opponents team has suffered some damage thanks to my hazards. normal gem to power up extreme speed. drain punch for stab/recovery and equake for a powerful attack move. i do have a couple concerns with the set though. it cant hit ghosts with this move set. also i was thinking about throwing in a focus sash.

threats

• mix sweepers ( infernape, electivire, etc)
  • heatran

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Conor

Hi Conor. Nice team you have here, always liked a bit of stall now and then myself. I've noticed that aside from Starmie who doesn't have any HP invested, you have nothing to switch into a banded Close Combat seeing as Skarmory is 2HKO'd. Might I suggest this bulky Chandelure? It works rather well to counter those choiced physical threats, free sub also. Leftovers just to keep the Sand damage neutral.

609.gif

Chandelure (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Shadow Tag

EVs: 208 HP / 212 SAtk / 4 SDef / 84 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Shadow Ball

- Flamethrower

- Substitute

- Will-O-Wisp

You can run toxic over Will-O-Wisp if you really want that extra damage, your call. I'd also like to point out Chansey being a wish-passer, this could be problematic when it comes to being phazed. You might want to run Softboiled and either Heal Bell or Aromatherapy for stalling them out completely, you do miss out on being able to pass a wish but if your Lucario gets burned it might cost you the game. Otherwise it's a pretty solid team, once the enemy has been weakened by hazards, Lucario can pretty much clean up.

Good luck!

Conor, this team is by far better with less more broken one than the other one. So I won't troll or anything.

Onto the team, first, you should either run a scarf set on Ttar otherwise Gengar/Zam/Reuniclus destroy your team, or a defensive set 252/252sdef for tanking moar. Special attacker Ttar don't just fit on stallz.

Starmie is classical, even if I don't really like it as a spinner on sand stallz. Personal preference I guess.

Skarmbliss, classical. The whole thing about skarmbliss is that mix nape just own you, like only starmie can really deal with it. What's cool is Latias over chansey, as he provides fire/fighting coverage. Again , personal preference, mix pokemons aren't everywhere and it's still viable. Just be careful with them. Add shed shell on skarm btw.

Heatran is normal. Nothing to say about him.

Lucario is just useless and random on that team, as he just don't do anything special except late game sweeping, like all better sweepers could do but some of them would do it 1000x time better. Landorus-T is a good late game sweeper with a scarf, + give you some extrakills and cleaning.

Stoutland and Excadrill are also two viables option.

If you take excadrill, you could rapid spin with it, that way remplace starmie with jellicent, who provide good synergy with skarm/tran and spinblock. Spinblock is really cool.

Oh and btw, if you still wanna use Luke, play SD/Bullet punch/Extremespeed/Close Combat. Bullet punch OHKO gengar&friends.