More offensive than Gordon Ramsay on a bad day

Shanco

Ryan C here. I generally like to destroy, and this is how I just might do it. A friend used this team (well, a modification of it), and it peaked at 1850 rating on Smogon back when people still played on that server. Here goes.

386-defense.gifDeoxys-D @ Fight Gem

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 48 HP / 252 SAtk / 208 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Stealth Rock

- Spikes / Taunt

- Hidden Power [Fighting]

- Psycho Boost

Deoxys has base 170 defenses, so it's no wonder that it ends up being one of the most common leads around. Stealth Rock provides universal damage, though it's greatly affected based on the Pokemon. Spikes is another entry hazard option, but by the time I get two or three off, it's time to switch out. Taunt can be used to shut down a lot of things, including Breloom, Amoonguss, crep's crappy Baton Pass team, and other things. Hidden Power [Fighting] is used primarily for coverage, bolstered to 105 base power by the Fight Gem for one use, which will probably be all I need. Finally Psycho Boost is the STAB slobberknocker.

065.gifAlakazam (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Magic Guard

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP

- Psyshock

- Focus Blast

- Shadow Ball

- Hidden Power [Fire]

Offensive Alakazam, as basically that's all it can do. Psyshock is the STAB attack that also wrecks Blissey and Chansey. Focus Blast is the coverage move, as sadly, Alakazam can nort learn Aura Sphere. :( Anyway, Shadow Ball is the next one. Espeon, Xatu, Cofagrigus, all of those will go down, and the odd other vulnerable pokemon as well. Hidden Power [Fire] is another coverage move that is the only reliable move that it can learn to damage Excadrill.

649.gif Genesect @ Choice Band

Trait: Download

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- U-turn

- Iron Head

- Quick Attack

- Flamethrower

Genesect is like a bug/steel Hydreigon. It's powerful and it's got options. This is one version very seldom seen, and underrated since due to common EV setups, Genesect's Attack gets boosted more than its Special Attack with Download, which gives Genesect a +2 Attack boost right off the bat with its Choice Band. U-turn and Iron Head are its STABs, the former being a hit-and-run tactic. Quick Attack does alright with its priority, and Zen Headbutt is a coverage move more than anything. It also helps put a dent in, if not kill, Blaziken and Infernape should it survive or have one of them switch in.

642-therian.gifThundurus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Volt Absorb

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Thunderbolt / Discharge

- Volt Switch

- Hidden Power [Ghost]

- Grass Knot

Thundurus is useful in just about any weather, and is not better or worse in any particular weather than the other. Sure, it's weak to Ice, but Water-Ice combos are common, and any Ice-type who is faster than Thundurus is probably named Cryogonal and fragile as hell. But behold, it's Choice Scarf Thundurus! The perfect mid-game sweeper, really. Fast, powerful, and gifted with an awesome typing. Thunderbolt, Discharge and Volt Switch are the STABs. Choose Thunderbolt if you want power, orDischarge if you feel like you'll be in Doubles a lot or if you want to inflict paralysis. Hidden Power [Ghost] is a coverage move, capable of damaging the ever-so-annoying bulky Ghosts capable of healing off your other attacks, denting/killing Deoxys, and snuffing Espeon before it has time to blink. Why Ghost and not Dark? So that Justified doesn't kick in on Muskedeers/Lucario/Arcanine, and it's not resisted by Fighting. Grass Knot is a move that allows Thundurus to be a great lead because it can kill Politoed, Tyranitar, and Hippowdon. Okay, you'd use an Electric move for Politoed, but still it's useful on leads.

645.gif Landorus (M) @ Expert Belt

Trait: Sand Force

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk) / Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

- Brick Break / Hammer Arm / Hidden Power [ice]

- U-turn

This guy has a moustache so fine that he gets a spot on my team. (I didn't feel the need for Jellicent.) Anyway, Landorus completes the VoltTurn trio, which you probably didn't notice until I mentioned it, with U-turn. Earthquake and Stone Edge, while kinda making this guy a wannabe Terrakion, is power nonetheless, and with Earthquake getting STAB here there's some real nice power going on. Your last move is a toss-up. Brick Break is for coverage and Dual Screen breaking (although it's pretty useless vs. Xatu), Hammer Arm is raw power though it cuts his Speed, and Hidden Power [ice] is for wall-breaking, specifically Gliscor and to a lesser extent Skarmory, and overall surprise. Note that Hidden Power, though, should only be used in conjunction with a Hasty Nature; otherwise, you want El Moustachio to be a Jolly ol' fella.

647.gifKeldeo @ Choice Specs

Trait: Justified

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef

- Secret Sword

- Hydro Pump

- Icy Wind

- Hidden Power [Dark]

The form choice is somewhat important here, although just for mind games. You'll get those people that will think that just because Keldeo is in its normal form, that means that it probably won't know Secret Sword...but alas, they'll be surely surprised when their pink egg crumbles before it. Oh, did I mention that Choice Specs Keldeo is also stupidly powerful? Hydro Pump gives the opponent some solid proof, especially in rain. You'll 2HKO even the mighty Politoed. Icy Wind is the byproduct of Keldeo's relatively bad special movepool, but there could be worse things. At least it lowers Speed, which can force a switch. Finally, Hidden Power [Dark] is for coverage, but beware of the other Muskedeers and Gallade as that will raise their Attack.

This team is very much open to all kinds of (serious) criticism, in fact I welcome it. Cheers guys.

EDIT: Genesect has Flamethrower, not Zen Headbutt.

Edited by rc52

My understanding is that this team relies on volt turn to wear down opponents, followed by a heavy hitter to clean up, overall a very solid strategy. Here are my concerns:

-Please go with the standard genesect, (scarf/icebeam/flamethrower/thunderbolt/uturn), it really is a lot better. If you just went with Genesect for the u-turn, Scizor would be a better choice. First off, the genesect you have is waaaay too slow to do anything, and second off the extra coverage is useful.

-Scarf Thundurus should have a moveset like volt switch/thunderbolt/focus blast/grassknot/hp ice (you have to decide which one of those to get rid of). Hp ghost doesn't hit anything that thunderbolt hits for neutral damage.

-You have sand force Landorus but no sand. While I can see the merits of this in countering a sand team, I think a Sheer Force, mixed Landorus would be way better. Something like psychic/earth power/u turn/focus blast

-I really don't recommend having specs Keldeo, which just kills your momentum. If you choice something, make sure it has volt switch or u turn. I'd just go with standard Keldeo here (CM/sub/surf/secret sword) since Keldeo gets ample opportunity to switch in on something it threatens thanks to volt turn. PS everyone expects secret sword on keldeo.

-Replace Alakazam with Rotom-W, you lack a solid switch in to either sun or rain teams, plus it gets volt switch.

-Your team lacks any way to deal with hazards which will really wear you down in combination with volt turn. I would think about sticking a Xatu somewhere.

To Mashew:

I actually had Virizion before instead of Alakazam.

To slant:

-This Genesect is a beast. Also there for the surprise factor.

-This Thundurus actually did have that set before (minus Grass Knot). Hidden Power Ghost was recommended by somebody, and it worked for a while before it started to fail me. I presumed it was just me wanting to go back to it again and again that caused it to fail.

-A spinner is necessary, I agree. I'll try Excadrill.

-I'm choosing Sand Force for ol' Lando because weather is extremely common in the OU meta anywhere. This guy is there to use the moves he has to Earthquake Rocks and Steels into the ground while keeping the side effects of Brick Break and (if it actually disappears with Sheer Force) U-turn.

-Keldeo is a staple on this team, meant to come in to eat up Rock attacks that would potentially destroy Thundurus if it doesn't Volt Switch (or just switch) the hell out of there. Gives me options if Excadrill is dead.

-Alakazam is another staple of the team. If you gave me a dollar for each team it's swept on its own in other places, you probably wouldn't have much left.

What I will change:

- Take out Deoxys in favor of Excadrill.

- Make Thundurus the lead, give it Leftovers, and swap out HP [Ghost] in favor of HP [Fighting]. No Focus Blast because I want guaranteed results.

- Swap the order so that it's ready to rock and roll in Doubles and Triples.

To Mashew:

I actually had Virizion before instead of Alakazam.

To slant:

-This Genesect is a beast. Also there for the surprise factor.

-This Thundurus actually did have that set before (minus Grass Knot). Hidden Power Ghost was recommended by somebody, and it worked for a while before it started to fail me. I presumed it was just me wanting to go back to it again and again that caused it to fail.

-A spinner is necessary, I agree. I'll try Excadrill.

-I'm choosing Sand Force for ol' Lando because weather is extremely common in the OU meta anywhere. This guy is there to use the moves he has to Earthquake Rocks and Steels into the ground while keeping the side effects of Brick Break and (if it actually disappears with Sheer Force) U-turn.

-Keldeo is a staple on this team, meant to come in to eat up Rock attacks that would potentially destroy Thundurus if it doesn't Volt Switch (or just switch) the hell out of there. Gives me options if Excadrill is dead.

-Alakazam is another staple of the team. If you gave me a dollar for each team it's swept on its own in other places, you probably wouldn't have much left.

What I will change:

- Take out Deoxys in favor of Excadrill.

- Make Thundurus the lead, give it Leftovers, and swap out HP [Ghost] in favor of HP [Fighting]. No Focus Blast because I want guaranteed results.

- Swap the order so that it's ready to rock and roll in Doubles and Triples.

why did you even put this rmt up if you aren't even going to test what more experienced battlers than you such as slant are telling you to do? lool

by the way, you aren't running a ttar or hippowdon, so using excadrill is just completely redundant as he cant sweep and just sucks as a spinner. Try a starmie maybe

&&physical genesect is completely outclassed by special genesect, as after you've given the game away youre at a huge disadvantage for no reason. if thundurus is your lead, make him scarf, at least then you can revenge shit that will probably wreck this team

BATCHU IS HERE !

Agreed with others, you should listen to Slant. But anyway, will try to make an original rate for one time.

First, run a classical Deo-d set, with rocky helmet and moar def investment with rocky helmet. Just play superpower if you wanna kill Ttar. Psycho boost is useless on Deo-d. Play taunt with soam speeds.

Then, run a ghost of your choice over Zam. Chandy is allowed here so wynaut, but cofa/gengar/jellicent are also pro.

I agree that CB genesect is funny, but no, choice scarf set is just way to good.

Run the starmie over Keldeo, cuz you don't wanna play choiced pokemon without spinners. Bulky set should be good here.

Landorus is just meh here in my opinion. Add another physical attacker of your choice; Techniloom or mamo would probably the best cuz of priorities.

Whatcha wanna do with those changes : Put sr, lol with spinblocking, make some switch with u-turn from gene and volt switch from thundurus.

Then that's all. Pokemon isn't complicated to play.

I LUV U GUYS

You do realise that you're playing OU. On a SIMULATOR. We're not here to do some roleplay orsome shit. All Legendaries AREN'T overpowered. If they were, they'd have been in uber.

Do you think that moloetta belong to uber ? That victini is so damn broken ?

Do you guys even realise that we're here to have fun by winning, not beeing smashed because 'omg lolz, we don't wanna used legendaries sooo overpowered'.

I went to the top 2 of smogon's ladder and top 1 here WITHOUT legendaries, so please, just stop with those useless posts.

Thanks.

Edited by Skwayz

To rupe:

- I test every suggestion. Some I like, some work like mud. The focus is to dominate in every server's OU meta, not just Reborn's.

- Enough of this "Physical Genesect is worse than Special Genesect!" shit. Most people EV their Pokemon in ways that manipulate Download pokemon, who USUALLY have all special focus, will get their Attack raised instead. Then their entire team gets Iron Head-ed to death. I made a mistake, however, as Genesect actually does have Flamethrower to obtain a variety of options.

- Have you seen Mold Breaker Excadrill rape entire teams with just two attack moves? It's possible and easier than you think.

To Skwayz:

- If I included a Rocky Helmet with this set I would be helpless against Dark-types as Hidden Power would have almost no...power.

- Any kind of ghost defeats the whole purpose of this team, which is total onslaught, and Chandelure doesn't do too much without a Choice item, which I have enough of, and with Shadow Tag it's banned in most other places...like I said before, I'm not just trying to win with this at Reborn.

- I replaced Deoxys with Excadrill already - getting two birds stoned at once, to quote Trailer Park Boys, one of my favorite TV shows.

- The Switching Thundurus and Turning Genesect are two staples of this team. They're meant to frustrate and confound.

To Wild Monkey:

- This isn't League, so whatever isn't banned goes. Even if I'm jamming four/five legendaries into one team. It had six before, and started as my designated all-legends team which is like marrying someone with a 10-year age gap: although it's frowned upon a little bit, it's perfectly legal in most cases.

Note:

I just remembered Excadrill is banned in OU in other places, so here's what I'm putting in instead:

121.gifStarmie @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

- Surf

- Ice Beam

- Rapid Spin

- Recover

A slightly edited ripoff of a friend's set, this is what will replace Excadrill and has kind of the same role as him, although it's kind of more supportive than its Ground-Steel counterpart. Surf is the STAB move that's reliable. Ice Beam is there because the only Ice-type move that's known by my team is Keldeo's Icy Wind, and you need at least two in today's meta that sees threats like Gliscor, Haxorus, and Garchomp in Reborn. Rapid Spin clears away the crap, and together with Natural Cure, Recover gives Starmie another purpose as a status absorber, which is needed on an offensive team, as when one of them falls ill, the whole team can fall out.

Lolok, didn't understand you weren't talkin about Reborn but some serious ladder. But just take the time to understand I -or other- want to tell you. Playing Offensive Deo-D is like useless. Badly. Just don't run an offensive Deo-d.

Secondly, lol, don't make me lol. You wanna play on some serious ladder ? Don't run that. Really.

Otherwise, if you've really remplace Deo-D by starmie, then you haven't got SR, which is tottaly dumb, because if everyone and their mother play with SR, there's a reason.

Dragonite just destroy you, because you play a random CB genesect set, who just don't allow you to RK him before he swept the hell out of you. Same goes for other faster mons : without scarf on your team, you can't kill them, and can't resist them.

Venusaur on the sun 6-0 you, Stoutland 6-0 you, Tornadus-T 6-0 you. You're frail to almost all kind of weathers.

You can't play weatherless without good team synergy, and good team synergy start with correct set, you might consider this genesect a beast but it's just free set-up opportunities if it's lock on a random move like Iron head who really hit nothing supper effectively.

Run a classical genesect, with a scarf, that way, you've got a freakin revenge killer.

Then choice specs keldeo just don't fit here. At all. It just slow you down. What is good when you run weatherless is Kingdra. Why Kingdra ? Because you just own badly all those random rain teams without ferrothorn. Life orb or lefites with substitute as a special attacker is good, the first give you power and the other one lure a Dragon Dance set, who always lure Skarmory and guaranteed a OHKO if SR are up or if the steel bird took a bit of dammage.

The weakest link is zam. He's almost BL right now, it's really meh. Want a counter to sun team ? Use tran. Specially defensive, atttacker with baloon. Same shit. Still heatran. Just be careful of dugtrio.

HEATRAN GIVE YOU THE FREAKIN SR.

But please, before posting a weatherless and say 'ITS NOT FOR REBORN', go ladder a bit on Po/PS, make a threat list and try to make some smart decision. Playing in BW2 OU without SR is just the dumbest thing to do.

to skwayz:

- I can survive in BW2 OU without SR. Almost always have except on the sand team that I have. The way I view entry hazards is that if there's room to use them, party on. But it's not a total necessity. The necessity is to Rapid Spin them out. Starmie can do that, and if TS gets Starmie, well...boom. Natural Cure. Entry hazards are nowhere near a must. They're good for disposing of certain Pokemon, but most of the dirty work is done through the offense.

- Any team is going to get destroyed by Dragonite under the right conditions. There's no avoiding it. Making a Genesect back into a Scarf special attacker is doing no one any good.

- Venusaur can 6-0 me...while I have Thundurus and Landorus? Those guys can put dents in and kill Venusaur, taking hits from everything along the way. If it comes to HP fire, I'm not too threatened. Lando will laugh off Sludge Bomb, too.

- Stoutland 6-0's me? What planet are you from?

Tornadus is not 6-0'ing me as long as I have Thundurus.

- I'm not looking for synergy. This team runs on sheer power and switches a lot, making it flexibly adaptable to the situation.

- Genesect doesn't have to hit anything super-effectively with Iron Head. I'm looking for Iron Head to 2HKO everything on the map, which it does handily with an Attack boost from Download...I've even crushed a Jirachi in two hits. But I'd just use Lando instead if I wanted to kill it.

- Genesect has a Choice Band because...fuck it, I've justified this too many times. Next.

- Specs Keldeo brings to the table raw, uncut, and obviously commercial-free POWER. Hydro Pump and Secret Sword...Every unboosted Pokemon in the meta will be killed in 2 hits or less from one of those attacks or the other, even Venusaur and Tentacruel. The other two moves are for if I need them. I try to preserve Keldeo for the 4th/5th pokemon because Swift Swim Kingdra has become the new biggest threat in any OU game, as other servers are slowly seeing more Damp Rock use. It may prompt a transition to a bulky Water, such as Jellicent, W.A. Politoed, or Gastrodon.

- The weakest link isn't Zam when he has 370-range Speed and Special Attack.

- I'm not looking for a counter to a specific weather. Heatran absorbs Fire attacks and walls Chlorophyll pokemon, can Lava Plume the grasses, but that's it. Sun teams are now being built to work around the metalhead, such as Volcarona's Hidden Power [Ground], or Drain Punch on a select number of others. It will only decently counter the seldom-seen Hail teams to an extent before Lapras washes it away.

- Playing BW2 OU without SR is not dumb at all. It means there's a focus on other things that render it unnecessary. A vast majority of teams use it, yes, but you're in business as long as you have a spinner.

- Did you notice the first line? 1850 on Smogon. I think it's fine to ladder with.

Edited by rc52

Ok fine. Yes, Venusaur 6-0 with a +2 growth. Keldeo just give you another weakness to Tornadus-T. And obviously, by saying Zam still found his place on OU, you really don't know what you're talking about.

Are you the one who made to 1850+ on smogon with that team ? No. Do you know why he made to 1850 ? Because of Deoxys-D. Because of EH. Because they're the most important thing in pokemon.

Damn, you don't even know what you talking about. Of course you need a spinner with a choice genesect. Never said you should remplace starmie. You can't play this fucking meta weatherless without a counter to each weather, so what I said is what other good players will say.

And please, stop man, I was at 2050 on smogon, with a good RCE, I was number 2. Getting to 1850 is just easy if you got luck with the pool. So please, at least, listen to what slant, rupe or I said, because it's obvious that you don' thave any experience in BW2.

Lol btw, Kingdra isn't the biggest threat at all, because 60% of smogon's ladder are sun teams. And choice band genesect is just completly dumb. PM me if you get over 1800 with this team by YOURSELF and on ANOTHER alt on smogon ladder, then i'll just stfu.

Finally, just try to think why SR is the most used move on OU, and why you'll never see any good teams without SR.

..There's critiscism and then there's arguing. At first it was critiscism but now it seems to have turned to arguing. ._. so let's.. stop.. the.. arguing?

You do realise that you're playing OU. On a SIMULATOR. We're not here to do some roleplay orsome shit. All Legendaries AREN'T overpowered. If they were, they'd have been in uber.

Technically the Reborn league is like that. Which is why most people STAY on reborn. And legendaries aren't allowed in the league challenges. <<.

To rupe:

- I test every suggestion. Some I like, some work like mud. The focus is to dominate in every server's OU meta, not just Reborn's.

I can not see a team working in more than one server with different tiers

- Enough of this "Physical Genesect is worse than Special Genesect!" shit. Most people EV their Pokemon in ways that manipulate Download pokemon, who USUALLY have all special focus, will get their Attack raised instead. Then their entire team gets Iron Head-ed to death. I made a mistake, however, as Genesect actually does have Flamethrower to obtain a variety of options.

Physical Genesect is way too closed, a worse version than Scizor, all his attacks are just easily walled and way too easy to predict. Sorry to burst your bubble.

- Have you seen Mold Breaker Excadrill rape entire teams with just two attack moves? It's possible and easier than you think.

No, I haven't ever seen this, because Mold Breaker Excadrill is utterly outclassed by a sand abusing version, and you aren't running sand, sooo...?

To Skwayz:

- If I included a Rocky Helmet with this set I would be helpless against Dark-types as Hidden Power would have almost no...power.

- Any kind of ghost defeats the whole purpose of this team, which is total onslaught, and Chandelure doesn't do too much without a Choice item, which I have enough of, and with Shadow Tag it's banned in most other places...like I said before, I'm not just trying to win with this at Reborn.

- I replaced Deoxys with Excadrill already - getting two birds stoned at once, to quote Trailer Park Boys, one of my favorite TV shows.

- The Switching Thundurus and Turning Genesect are two staples of this team. They're meant to frustrate and confound.

To Wild Monkey:

- This isn't League, so whatever isn't banned goes. Even if I'm jamming four/five legendaries into one team. It had six before, and started as my designated all-legends team which is like marrying someone with a 10-year age gap: although it's frowned upon a little bit, it's perfectly legal in most cases.

Note:

I just remembered Excadrill is banned in OU in other places, so here's what I'm putting in instead:

121.gifStarmie @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

- Surf

- Ice Beam

- Rapid Spin

- Recover

A slightly edited ripoff of a friend's set, this is what will replace Excadrill and has kind of the same role as him, although it's kind of more supportive than its Ground-Steel counterpart. Surf is the STAB move that's reliable. Ice Beam is there because the only Ice-type move that's known by my team is Keldeo's Icy Wind, and you need at least two in today's meta that sees threats like Gliscor, Haxorus, and Garchomp in Reborn. Rapid Spin clears away the crap, and together with Natural Cure, Recover gives Starmie another purpose as a status absorber, which is needed on an offensive team, as when one of them falls ill, the whole team can fall out.

So reject my suggestion of Starmie then use it anyway? That's cool I guess, as long as you're thinking of this shit on your own?

to skwayz:

- I can survive in BW2 OU without SR. Almost always have except on the sand team that I have. The way I view entry hazards is that if there's room to use them, party on. But it's not a total necessity. The necessity is to Rapid Spin them out. Starmie can do that, and if TS gets Starmie, well...boom. Natural Cure. Entry hazards are nowhere near a must. They're good for disposing of certain Pokemon, but most of the dirty work is done through the offense.

Stealth Rocks are essential to every team. Fact. If you don't have Stealth Rocks on one of your pokemon it really isn't going to work on Reborn, let alone competitively on smogon.

- Any team is going to get destroyed by Dragonite under the right conditions. There's no avoiding it. Making a Genesect back into a Scarf special attacker is doing no one any good.

It will actually do you a lot of good. Ice beam kills as long as it isn't Multiscale. Oh wait, you're refusing to run Stealth Rocks so this isn't possible.

- Venusaur can 6-0 me...while I have Thundurus and Landorus? Those guys can put dents in and kill Venusaur, taking hits from everything along the way. If it comes to HP fire, I'm not too threatened. Lando will laugh off Sludge Bomb, too.

Hello? Growth? Instant +2, OHKOs every member of your team with Giga Drain/HP Ice/ Sludge bomb. Even if they don't run HP Ice, Giga drain from +2 will still Kill.

- Stoutland 6-0's me? What planet are you from?

Standard Stoutland sets completely run through your team.

Tornadus is not 6-0'ing me as long as I have Thundurus.

What makes you think your opponent will let you keep Thundurus alive? Thundurus is not a viable counter to Tornadus regardless.

- I'm not looking for synergy. This team runs on sheer power and switches a lot, making it flexibly adaptable to the situation.

>Not looking for synergy

>>Switches a lot

Derp

- Genesect doesn't have to hit anything super-effectively with Iron Head. I'm looking for Iron Head to 2HKO everything on the map, which it does handily with an Attack boost from Download...I've even crushed a Jirachi in two hits. But I'd just use Lando instead if I wanted to kill it.

I've already been over Physical Genesect multiple times. Not going to bother saying it any more considering you've already deluded yourself into thinking it's good.

- Genesect has a Choice Band because...fuck it, I've justified this too many times. Next.

Read up please

- Specs Keldeo brings to the table raw, uncut, and obviously commercial-free POWER. Hydro Pump and Secret Sword...Every unboosted Pokemon in the meta will be killed in 2 hits or less from one of those attacks or the other, even Venusaur and Tentacruel. The other two moves are for if I need them. I try to preserve Keldeo for the 4th/5th pokemon because Swift Swim Kingdra has become the new biggest threat in any OU game, as other servers are slowly seeing more Damp Rock use. It may prompt a transition to a bulky Water, such as Jellicent, W.A. Politoed, or Gastrodon.

- The weakest link isn't Zam when he has 370-range Speed and Special Attack.

It is achieving nothing the other members of the team don't achieve, so it is to some extent, the weakest link.

- I'm not looking for a counter to a specific weather. Heatran absorbs Fire attacks and walls Chlorophyll pokemon, can Lava Plume the grasses, but that's it. Sun teams are now being built to work around the metalhead, such as Volcarona's Hidden Power [Ground], or Drain Punch on a select number of others. It will only decently counter the seldom-seen Hail teams to an extent before Lapras washes it away.

If you aren't looking for counters to teams this team obviously isn't going anywhere, in any servers tierlist.

- Playing BW2 OU without SR is not dumb at all. It means there's a focus on other things that render it unnecessary. A vast majority of teams use it, yes, but you're in business as long as you have a spinner.

Read up.

- Did you notice the first line? 1850 on Smogon. I think it's fine to ladder with.

Maybe it would be fine to ladder with on smogon, but not here, especially after you made a few random edits.(1850 isn't that good on smogon ladders)

I didn't want to be rude, but you could at least take some advice on board without rejecting everything under the sun, I realise this is your team, but it must be on the RMT section for a reason.

(My edits are in Bold)

Edited by Rupe

• Administrators

If this topic keeps up in the direction that it is, I'm not gonna hesitate to close it. I've already deleted one post that served absolutely no purpose to anything, so consider that a warning.

On-topic so no one tries to be smart and tell me I'm not contributing anything either: First, might I say I love the title because I know exactly what you're referring to and it IS pretty scary lol.

I think if it's just for hazards and having a slight offense, I'd consider Deoxys-S instead of Deoxys-D as your lead; considering everything else emphasizes heavy offense, it just sounds like it would fit in more. I've run a team similar to this though (actually I think it's still in my trainer card), and it paid off to have a wall when it was necessary, so that's all you, especially since you don't intend to keep it at all, it seems.

Looks like a relatively standard Alakazam- nothing to say here.

I'm not gonna jump on you for using a physical Genesect (especially because more often than not I've seen them get an Attack boost and then just U-turn out and it hurts qq), but if you do have Flamethrower, you should update the description, and change the nature if you haven't already. Flamethrower won't do much with a -Sp.Atk nature, or at least, Download won't have as much of an effect if you decide to stay in with a Special Attack boost.

As for Thundurus, I guess it's kind of like your version of Rotom-W in the standard VoltTurn teams? HP Fighting could work, as long as you know it will be significantly weaker than Focus Blast.

Landorus using Sand Force means that it won't have any ability whatsoever (so to speak) unless Sand is in play, remember that. If you have Sheer Force and moves that it affects, the boost is the same as it would be had Sand Force been in effect- that is, both increase moves by 30%.

...Granted, you don't have anything Sheer Force works with anyway. Rock Slide doesn't measure up to Stone Edge even WITH Sheer Force, and the only physical Ground move it affects is Bulldoze, which is weaker as well. I really don't know what to tell you without completely changing the moveset. ><

Keldeo automatically changes form when it has Secret Sword, I think, and even then, if it DIDN'T have Secret Sword, it's probably physical and has Close Combat, which is equally deadly to Blissey... Not much of a bluff going on there. The set itself is okay but I'm not too sure about using Hidden Power Dark; all it hits are Psychic and Ghost, both of which take more damage from Hydro Pump as it is due to STAB, making it 180 base power vs 140 if HP is Super Effective.

Skwayz... I was just saying as a personal preference i do not like Legendaries... I don't care who does, I can smash MOST anyways.. So I know they are not all OP I just don't like how every team seems to have the same legendaries... I like some variety in battles, not smashing the same net teams over and over again...