Question about Magma stone.

VitaniDaReal

Well. First of all, the obligatory SPOILERS WARNING ALERT. Do not read past this line if you don't want to be spoiled.

I was wondering what differences in story do you get for the magma stone choice at the garufa settlement. I got a playthrough in where you keep it and here's what I noticed

1. Angry maid drops her hostage and tries to go for a fast one, the magma stone is split in 2.

2. Aelita gets cursed. (possible to avert this if you let angry maid's groudon beat you, not sure)

3. You get to defrost the TM shop in Kristilline town which awards you the Magma Drift TM you were promised before the upfreeze.

4. Angie's fate remains unknown since you don't get confirmation that Angie was actually defrosted.

4. Saki gives you Revives in Valor mountain

5. Nothing happens in valor mountain's awakening chamber.

6. Venam tells you she didin't see peek or sign of Amber either once you reach the cliffside.

7. Amber winds up magically at Tesla's house after you beat Geara (sp?) and Zetta at valor's peak. Apparently, Saki saved her.

8. Amber's gym fight takes place in the party hall.

Edited by VitaniDaReal

• Global Mods

Since you kept the Magma Stone, I'll explain what happens if you give it up:

since you're not able to use the stone to melt the TM shop in Kristiline, you have to find another way into the mountain. It turns out that the big door in the arena where you battled Crawli leads into the mountain. Crawli prefers to keep the door shut because bad timing with the mountain's mood could cause his gym to be flooded with lava, but you and Venam enter quickly. You climb up a few levels and reach the back of the room that you would've entered Valor Mountain from if you kept the Magma Stone. Here, the person who gives you the Emotion Powder says he was expecting you to come from the front entrance, and seems less certain of your victory over Team Xen. 

When you reach the barricade, Saki gives you the TM for Magma Drift after breaking the barricade with her machine. She explains that she used her machine to break the ice covering the TM shop.

12 minutes ago, CynTheSylveon said:

Since you kept the Magma Stone, I'll explain what happens if you give it up:

since you're not able to use the stone to melt the TM shop in Kristiline, you have to find another way into the mountain. It turns out that the big door in the arena where you battled Crawli leads into the mountain. Crawli prefers to keep the door shut because bad timing with the mountain's mood could cause his gym to be flooded with lava, but you and Venam enter quickly. You climb up a few levels and reach the back of the room that you would've entered Valor Mountain from if you kept the Magma Stone. Here, the person who gives you the Emotion Powder says he was expecting you to come from the front entrance, and seems less certain of your victory over Team Xen. 

When you reach the barricade, Saki gives you the TM for Magma Drift after breaking the barricade with her machine. She explains that she used her machine to break the ice covering the TM shop.

Dear, the spoiler tags <3

Also, does the fight against amber change?

I remember fighting her at a sunny mountain peak in an earlier version (don't ask me how I got throught that)

• Global Mods

The reason I didn't use spoiler tags in addition to the above is because you already made it clear for those who haven't gotten to this point that there will be spoilers. I feel like those who choose to read the thread who aren't that far will do so knowing that there are spoilers. I did add spoiler tags just now, though. 

The fight against Amber doesn't change, but the arena did change in V9. In V6-V8 she was fought at a volcano, while in V9 she's fought inside the concert hall.