Pick up-squads.

KindleofDreams

Way back when. When Noel was the last gymleader we had, people used to have pick up teams to get certain stuff.

I remember it being "nerfed" in later episodes. However I've recently read some threads where pick up squads where mentioned again. 

Are these still a thing and if so, why should I have one of them? 

I have a few Pick up Pokemon (that would need some leveling but that can be arranged). Is it worth getting a squad like that.

P.S is there a list of what items they can pick up?

-Thanks!~

Magenta

Here is the pickup list for ep 16: http://www.rebornevo.com/index.php?/pr/pickup/

While luck is involved, you can get some decent items throughout the game.  While money gains have been buffed in some parts of ep 16, it is still useful for the occasional good items you don't have access to yet (dusk balls and ultra poitions, early on) or would cost continually buying (ultra potions later on).  However, they only are extremely useful if you have multiple pickup mons, usually while training.  Ultimately, it's still luck and isn't necessary to complete (just eases the process at times).

They are usefull for getting Heart Scales and other valuables in Post-game ep 16, though, as long as you are training mons.

Then again, just having one Pickup mon (Pachirisu) on my main team in Rejuvination was enough to net a lot of good items throughout the game.  Of course, it carried it's weight in battle, so it wasn't a wasted slot when I always had it on me.

Edited by seki108

7 minutes ago, gkhmpg said:

I really don't find any useful pickup items post E16 :/ everything can be bought tbh

Leftovers, Lucky Eggs and Heart Scales can't.  You might not need them at that point, but they still have their uses (espeically Heart Scales).

2 minutes ago, KindleofDreams said:

I'd potentially do it just to get my hands on Leftovers/more heartscales.

you can get heart scales really easy by fishing up luvdisc in the secret base mansion lake. I got about ~20 while speed EV training at there :D a good rod will do 

Edited by gkhmpg

2 minutes ago, gkhmpg said:

you can get heart scales really easy by fishing up luvdisc in the secret base mansion lake

It's a matter of time.  If I'm already training something up, I'm going to get a few Heart Scales, as opposed to dealing with the frustration of fishing.

@KindleofDreams  Yes.  Compact Eyes + Theif =  almost garunteed HS, if you can get a Luvdisk

Edited by seki108

10 minutes ago, KindleofDreams said:

Problem is do I Catch them or is there something like Thief/Item stealing options?

Tbh its far easier killing them than continously catching them.

When I'm at that point of the game (before Noel's badge), I got a butt load of balls and money to spare. The NPCs at the Opal Hall give you lots of money. You can even use a Frisk mon to check. I thought of and tried Thief but it's like only 1 out of 5 times I met a Luvdisc without heart scale

10 minutes ago, seki108 said:

It's a matter of time.  If I'm already training something up, I'm going to get a few Heart Scales, as opposed to dealing with the frustration of fishing.

fishing is not frustrating in this game at all +.+ you can just slow the game down when it goes ". . ." and toggle it up if u caught something

Edited by gkhmpg

Just now, gkhmpg said:

fishing is not frustrating in this game at all +.+ you can just slow the game down when it goes ". . ." and toggle it up if u caught something

But slowing down a tedious chore is frustrating, especially if you miss the timing.  In my opinion, fishing in almost any pokemon game is a definition of frustrating.  Granted, it's not quite as bad as Insurgence's fishing system.

1 minute ago, seki108 said:

But slowing down a tedious chore is frustrating, especially if you miss the timing.  In my opinion, fishing in almost any pokemon game is a definition of frustrating.  Granted, it's not quite as bad as Insurgence's fishing system.

I can already see from the first comment you're not into tedious stuff by any means :D Maybe it's just my luck that I always find potions and repels with pickup mons

15 minutes ago, gkhmpg said:

I can already see from the first comment you're not into tedious stuff by any means :D Maybe it's just my luck that I always find potions and repels with pickup mons

Strangely, I'm ok with grinding training and even resetting for a shiny, but that's probably because I barely have to pay attention and can catch up on watching stuff.   

I only bothered with a full pickup squad once I could Rare Candy them all up to level 91 post-episode; that's the only way you can get the good stuff (and even then, it's kind of rare for leftovers).

Edited by seki108

1 minute ago, seki108 said:

Strangely, I'm ok with grinding training and even resetting for a shiny, but that's probably because I barely have to pay attention and can catch up on watching stuff.   

I only bothered with a full pickup squad once I could Rare Candy them all up to level 91 post-episode; that's the only way you can get the good stuff (and even then, it's kind of rare for leftovers).

grinding is common but shiny resetting is ... :D gotta give you procs on that one

7 minutes ago, gkhmpg said:

grinding is common but shiny resetting is ... :D gotta give you procs on that one

Not in canon games, but in Reborn/Rejuv I can stand it since the odds are reasonable (though getting a shiny Mew in Insurgence almost cost me my sanity)

@seki108 What almost cost me my sanity was resetting to get Jangmo-o as starter in Rejuvenation, after which I settled for a shiny Ralts with perfect sp.atk IV.

Tried shiny resetting in Rejuvenation to get shiny Type:null and got it right away.

My point being: most games on rebornevo have increased shiny rate which makes it pretty damn easy to get shinys while chances to get other special things are damn low.

(farmed Heart Scales in rejuvenation with a simple Compound Eyes Dustox with Thief, went pretty fast to get a massive amount)

Only reason for a Pick Up squad really is to get Lucky Eggs and Leftovers (and Ability Capsules, which I almost forgot about).

Edited by Noctelis

I use a Pick Up squad when I EV train, and it is a descent source of ability capsules and heart scales. It was a really good source of utility and medical items in the early game, but its not something I'd consider devoting too many resources to late game. The Luvdisc thing is a better source of heart scales even without compound eyes (thanks for that tip by the way), and ability capsules are available from a couple of vendors. It's pretty much only going to be worth putting one together late game if your looking for lucky eggs and leftovers.