Pokemon Essentials Help (How does a group work together?)

Hahaha, I am basically doing the same thing with my brother! We have been working on a game for some time now so I have some experience in what you are talking about. So about mapping, here are some instructions:

1) First you have to talk about the things that the map must have (certain buildings for outside maps, certain items/furniture for inside ones).

2) Then you have to decide on what events will take place on the map and prepare a place for them. This is really important! That way you won't have to alter the map while doing the eventing.

3) You have to decide how your map will connect with other maps.

4) You have to decide on the environment (grassland, near the sea...)

As far as me and my brother are concerned, after we talk about all of these things, I create the map having a basic idea.

Then I show it to my brother and he tells me about things that he likes and dislikes. We might alter the design of the map 2 or 3 times with this process but it's worth it.

here is an example of an old map of mine and a new one:

old map:

Spoiler

first.png.1b85c3ef84fb8f45b713d4f45f575258.png

new map:

Spoiler

second.png.73149dae7350c161d179de60880186ad.png

As you can see, the basic idea of the maps is the same. One entrance from north, one from south, sea at the right, one pokemon center and one important house.

But the second one is much better than the first one. That's why hearing the suggestions from other people is important :)

In order for you two to create a map together, would mean making suggestions. One of you will put everything on the map and then you will discuss on how to decorate it better.

I hope I helped a little! Good luck on your game!

Edited by groniack