1. 1. What run should I do next?

• Alice in Wonderland Run
    • Herpetology Run
    • Corrosive Team
    • Sandstorm Team
    • No event pokemon
    • Mono-egg Group Run
    • Monotype Run

Hey everyone! Earlier today I completed Episode 16 with my fairies, though it'll take me a few days to finish writing it out for the forums. But that gives me some time to get started on my next run, and I figured I might as well let the good people of the forums decide what I should do. It's what everyone else does

I've set up the poll from least conventional to most conventional. Some of the options are self-explanatory, but some of them are a bit weird so here's an overview: 

Alice in Wonderland Run: I'm a huge fan of the Alice series and related media, and this run would use pokemon that match up with characters from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Unlike Luna, they would not be limited to one type, but it would be limited to one pokemon per character (ie I couldn't name both Bunneary and Bunnelby "March Hare").

Herpetology Run: Herpetology is the study of reptiles and amphibians, so I would only use those kinds of pokemon. Dinosaur pokemon might be considered, since dinosaurs were reptiles, but herpetology generally refers to living creatures so we'll see. 

Corrosive Team: This run would be all about creating and abusing corrosive and corrosive mist fields, with no type restrictions. Basically a way to do a poison-themed run without adding a third ongoing poison monotype run :P 

Sandstorm Team: Pretty self-explanatory. I might limit myself to only pokemon that have sandstorm-related abilities to make things more interesting. 

No Event Pokemon: Event Pokemon are some of the strongest and most used in the game. Can I defeat it without them? 

Mono-egg Group Run: What it says on the tin. I would either be doing Humanlike or Amorphous (Field is too easy, and Monster overlaps too much with the Herpetology run).

Monotype Run: The classic flavor everyone knows and loves. I'd either be doing Dark (the last Dark run done here is incomplete) or Rock (it's a type most people dislike and is lowest by usage in the Smogon Monotype Metagame).

I think I'll let the poll run for about a day and see what everyone thinks. I'm really excited :D 

EDIT: Regardless of run, I'm going to trade/mod/sandbox as few Pokemon as I possibly can.

Edited by Orasha

Please do a Rock-type run. As you've found out yourself, it's very underused and Dark is my favorite type, so I'm planning on that being my next monotype :P (Not that it matters, but I'd kinda know what to expect when I read through it)

On 7/5/2017 at 10:56 PM, FactoryofSadness said:

A ROCK TYPE RUN WOULD BE AMAZING! Having said that, I have yet to see anyone do an Egglocke. That would be fun to contribute to...

On 7/6/2017 at 2:03 AM, RedAlert said:

Please do a Rock-type run. As you've found out yourself, it's very underused and Dark is my favorite type, so I'm planning on that being my next monotype :P (Not that it matters, but I'd kinda know what to expect when I read through it)

I'm going to see whether this bump will have more people vote, since there's currently a three-way tie. If its still tied by tomorrow, I'll do the Rock run since both of you are interested in it :P 

5 hours ago, RedAlert said:

Can't wait to see how it goes!

So what starter are you planning on beginning with?

For a little while I considered Larvitar, since it's the only non-legendary Rock type not in the game. However, Larvitar might be seen as cheating (and, more concerning, I'm not sure if it would be able to solo Julia, or if it and Onix would be able to defeat PULSEgrowth), so I cheated in a possibly worse different way: I gave myself all 6 of the fossil pokemon you can find in mining rocks. Totally cheating. 3 of them aren't that great though, so the rotation will be swift. 

Apart from them, all other Rock types will join the team when I can legally get them, though the other fossils will probably be generated in Sandbox Mode to save time. I'm thinking of doing a bit of creative writing as well, to explain how I got the fossils. It'll be... interesting. I'm thinking of making my character a rock star it'll be a pun-filled run and a cultist who worships fossil Pokemon as gods... but we'll see how that goes :D