3D Print the Reborn Badges! (Possible Spoilers)

CURIE

So way back before the site got updated, I made a thread where I used tinkercad to recreate the Reborn badges as 3D models, with the intent of letting people download said models and 3D print them out.  I did all of them up to the suspension badge, and then... kinda just forgot about it.  Well, now I have all 18 done.

If you don't have a 3D printer of your own you may take issue with the fact that some of these models don't exactly have the color right.  For example, the omen badge doesn't have all those white dots in the center, the suspension badge doesn't have that white stripe in the middle, etc.  That's because most 3D printers, including mine, only print things in one color, and therefore only the shape really matters.  What colors there are I just added to spice up the way they look in the preview.  Also a couple of them have overhangs, and therefore may require support material.  As for the dimensions, most of them are about 5 centimeters in both length and width, and 1 centimeter in height.  If you want them bigger, well, whatever slicing program you're using should have an option to scale up their sizes by whatever percentage you want.

As for why I put "possible spoilers" in the title, well, I have these badges listed in the order you get them in-game.  So if you haven't completed the current episode yet, this thread's gonna give away what your next badge is gonna be.

This is how they look in-game:

Spoiler

Gabj6n6.png

The order is wrong in this image because it's taken from episode 13's files, where Ame intentionally scrambled them so as not to spoil everyone.  Some of the colors have changed since then as well, but as I mentioned earlier it doesn't really matter when it comes to 3D printing.

And here is what they look like when I adapted them into 3D models.  Some of the names are wrong because they've changed a couple times through the years, and the only way to get those names in-game (as far as I'm aware) is through cutscenes throughout the story.  I don't feel like playing the game all over again just to get the names right.  Plus I'd have to rename all the files and reupload them and it's just not worth it.

VOLT BADGE

Spoiler

May require support material.

b6MoSnu.png

IMG_0212.jpg

CANOPY BADGE

Spoiler

IniwlrK.png

IMG_0213.jpg

COCOON BADGE

Spoiler

CeZLInS.png

IMG_0214.jpg

OMEN BADGE

Spoiler

May require support material.

tD5E5a6.png

IMG_0215.jpg

BLIGHT BADGE

Spoiler

May require support material.

HBnG2sC.png

IMG_0217.jpg

RIME BADGE

Spoiler

Q3EBP1L.png

IMG_0218.jpg

STANDARD BADGE

Spoiler

RVyRNCu.png

IMG_0219.jpg

MILLENNIUM BADGE

Spoiler

Those black parts you see in the trainer card aren't actually black, they only look black because the trainer card itself is black.  They're actually holes.

IT7YIiu.png

IMG_0229.jpg

ECLIPSE BADGE

Spoiler

8nf3kcU.png

IMG_0221.jpg

FURY BADGE

Spoiler

PmRGsZH.png

IMG_0222.jpg

CINDER BADGE

Spoiler

THIS ONE WAS ABSOLUTE HELL TO MAKE.

Oh, and it may require support material.

CJKgxEB.png

IMG_0223.jpg

GRABBITY GRAVITY BADGE

Spoiler

kjb2jVh.png

IMG_0224.jpg

SUSPENSION BADGE

Spoiler

jboP5Wc.png

IMG_0225.jpg

AMARANTH BADGE

Spoiler

pmGYx3B.png

IMG_0226.jpg

TITANIA'S BADGE (I forgot what it was called)

Spoiler

InbIdDd.png

IMG_0228.jpg

AMARIA'S BADGE (I forgot its name too)

Spoiler

B8wgM6i.png

IMG_0234.jpg

GEODE BADGE

Spoiler

I ran out of gray filament lol.

NnaMoiL.png

IMG_0248.jpg

LEGEND BADGE

Spoiler

luL2xYk.png

IMG_0250.jpg

And finally the download, all 18 of them in one place.  Note that the Volt, Omen, Blight, and Cinder badges may require support material.

https://mega.nz/#F!fIM2RSbR!E7c96JbEsKnzZ33UW4P5zA

And that's all of them!  Now you can download and print all 18 Reborn badges and become league champion in real life!  Well, assuming you have access to a 3D printer, that is.  

I know that a version of 3D printer exists now that can use many colors at once, but it's very expensive and uncommon as of right now.  I don't think it's worth it to learn its software and make color versions of these, especially if I don't actually have one myself.  If it becomes cheaper and more common in the future I'll consider it.  Even then then Geode and Omen badges would probably be a nightmare to make.

Very nice! They look a little thick though, so I think you could probably half the height and still have nice looking badges. It's a little difficult to tell though since all the pictures are from directly on top.

So I did Titania's badge (the name of which I still don't remember) and was going to post it when I realized some people would be suspicious of how I know what future badges look like.  Well you see, in most older versions of Reborn, if you go into the Graphics folder and look in "Pictures", you'll find a set of all the badges.  It doesn't actually give away the order, because Ame scrambled them up every episode.  Anyway, I can't seem to find the file in episode 16, and since many people reading this won't have access to old copies of Reborn I decided I'd add screenshots of what the post-Adrienn badges look like in-game as well as pictures of my own takes on them.  And then I decided if I was doing that for the final four badges, I might as well do it for the first fourteen badges as well.

And that's how I found out I had done the Millennium Badge wrong the whole time.  Remember the three black sections inside the triangle?  I only thought they were black because the trainer card was black.  Turns out those spaces are actually hollow.  I've already fixed it and replaced the download file with the "correct" one.

Enough of my rambling, here's Titania's badge:

And the redone Millennium Badge:

As for who's next, well, some of you veterans of the site may remember that Ame said we'd fight two leaders immediately after each other, and later confirmed that they would share the same field (and even which field it would be).  For reasons I'll get to later, I predict those two to be Hardy and Sapphira.  And since I'm pretty sure we all expect Sapphira to be the last gym leader, that leaves only Amaria's badge.  The name of which I ALSO forgot.

You'd think from looking at it that Amaria's badge (whatever it was called) would be easy to make, right?  It's just a bunch of ovals shoved together right?  Well, copying the same oval 7 times and putting them next to each other was the easy part.  Problem is the border.  You see, with complicated shapes I can't just make a bigger copy of the original badge and center it on the original, the border always ends up too thin on some sides and too thick on others when I do it.  This is why the Cinder Badge was so horrible to make.  What I had to do was make borders on each individual oval before putting them together, and then remove all the borders that weren't on the outside of the badge as a hole.  Even that wouldn't have been too bad if it weren't for how hard it was to make where the borders of each oval intersect not look like crap.

But enough rambling about my struggles.  It's done now, and honestly it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the Cinder Badge was.  Here it is.

As for what's next, as I mentioned earlier that Ame said we'd fight two leaders one after another and that they'd have the same field effect.  That field effect was the Dragon's Den, and after reading through what it does I feel like Hardy would benefit the most from it (other than Sapphira of course), so from there one can reason that Hardy and Sapphira are the two leaders Ame was talking about.  As for who we'd fight first, I think it'll be Hardy, because, well... Sapphira just... Seems to be depicted as stronger?  Point is, Hardy's badge is next.  And I actually remember its name this time:  It's the Geode Badge.

You know, originally I was afraid the Geode Badge would be super hard to do.  As you can see, it's not actually a circle, or an oval, but rather this kind of egg-like shape.  In Tinkercad, I can only really seem to make circles and stretch them out into ovals.  I was afraid I'd have to make a circle and then try to cut parts out of it on one side, and that it'd be super hard to make it not look like crap.  But I was in luck, for some reason Tinkercad was giving away pre-made Easter themed models despite it being long past easter.  One of which was, you guessed it, an egg.  So all I had to do was cut out a slice of the egg, flip it on its side, resize it a bit, and boom.  Geode Badge.  What I thought might be the hardest badge to do ended up being the easiest.

And then my printer decided to make up for how easy the badge was to make, by giving me technical difficulties.  Long story short, a wire that does an important thing got broke and caused the thing to overheat so I had to replace it and recalibrate a bunch of stuff.  And if that wasn't good enough I also ran out of the gray filament that I was using for the other badges, that's why it's green in the picture unlike all the others.  Why Green?  I dunno, because green.

Anyway, here it is.

As for what's next, well, there's only one badge left.  Sapphira's badge, which if I remember correctly is called the Legend Badge.

The last couple badges each had a bit of a story for me to preface their posts with, but this one really doesn't have anything like that.  It wasn't particularly easy or hard to make compared to others I've done.  So anyway, here it is.  The Legend Badge.

And that's all of them!  Now you can download and print all 18 Reborn badges and become league champion in real life!  Well, assuming you have access to a 3D printer, that is.  

I wonder how many people here actually do have 3d printers...

• 2 years later...