So I'm playing Reborn again...

wildebeast

I think you can find Zangoose in the alleyway right after you enter Obsidia. You have to wait to get Cut though. 

Btw, I only have patience to EV train with vitamins to 100, even when i have power items, pokerus and such i still don't EV train. And then you show a fully ev trained pokemon without having any of this. That's... impressive dedication

1 hour ago, wildebeast said:

Now, having spent a couple hours making Pierre into an early superbeast, I'm starting to wonder what other wild mons I can hunt for hold items. Black Sludge is really good this early, right? That and I know Meowth can have Quick Claw since I accidentally found one early into Rejuvenation. I did a bit of hunting for that but without Frisk it felt like too much of a hassle. Still, I'm pretty satisfied with my haul for the day.

If I may suggest, Noibat has Frisk. And Butterfree has Compound Eyes (boosts possibility of finding wild mons with held items). Get a Fainted Butterfree/Venonat with Compound Eyes on first slot, then an alive Noibat with Frisk on second slot to check if the wild mon indeed has a held item. Finally, when you find a held item, switch to Skitty/Slakoth/Espurr, and steal the item using Covet. Espurr learns it at level 5, so you won't have to grind too much, only enough for it to hit the wild mon once.

I hope it helps! :) 

PS: You, Sir, have some serious OCD, which drove my own OCD mad!:P (hate cats, love munching cheerios without milk, like crisps and dread the sound of plastic bags and aluminum foil exactly the same with with how you dread touching unwashed dishes.

2 hours ago, Tacuara said:

I think you can find Zangoose in the alleyway right after you enter Obsidia. You have to wait to get Cut though. 

Btw, I only have patience to EV train with vitamins to 100, even when i have power items, pokerus and such i still don't EV train. And then you show a fully ev trained pokemon without having any of this. That's... impressive dedication

So basically you get Zangoose after Pulse Tangrowth. Zangoose is just good enough so I can understand that. As for the EV training, the floodgates for that opened up in Rejuvenation when I found a Fomantis down in the park. I wanted it in my party (as my poor man's Tsareena) but I didn't want to think about EVs, so I figured I might as well max out its EVs. This was pre-Venam.

Got just enough patience to max out a single mon's EVs the traditional way kek

1 hour ago, Jess said:

If I may suggest, Noibat has Frisk. And Butterfree has Compound Eyes (boosts possibility of finding wild mons with held items). Get a Fainted Butterfree/Venonat with Compound Eyes on first slot, then an alive Noibat with Frisk on second slot to check if the wild mon indeed has a held item. Finally, when you find a held item, switch to Skitty/Slakoth/Espurr, and steal the item using Covet. Espurr learns it at level 5, so you won't have to grind too much, only enough for it to hit the wild mon once.

I hope it helps! :) 

PS: You, Sir, have some serious OCD, which drove my own OCD mad!:P (hate cats, love munching cheerios without milk, like crisps and dread the sound of plastic bags and aluminum foil exactly the same with with how you dread touching unwashed dishes.

Solid tech, thanks MVP. Compound Eyes + Frisk seems like a solid combo to speed up grinding for items. It's right up there with full Pick-Up squad, though the problem with Pick-Up squad is that different levels lead to different items past a certain point. As for Covet, I didn't know it permanently took held items. Does it work on trainers? Also, can you actually get Slakoth this early? That would be pretty rad.

And yeah, I squick out on the weirdest things. I think wasps are the coolest, but they're significantly less cool if I see them in person because nah

4 minutes ago, wildebeast said:

So basically you get Zangoose after Pulse Tangrowth. 

Actually, right before, after Florini gives you Cut you don't have to go fight Tangrowth. But don't trust me on this because i'm not sure if that's the end of the zangoose chase

4 minutes ago, wildebeast said:

Does it work on trainers?

It does, but returns items after the fight... You only gain item's effect for the fight's duration. Would've been too OP otherwise! Imagine stealing Choice items again and again from Clown Indra at Agate Circus! (was possible at one time, but Ame fixed it). But, it is my way of getting infinite Heart Scales. Good Rod at Tanzan Lake and Covet the Luvdiscs.

6 minutes ago, wildebeast said:

Also, can you actually get Slakoth this early? That would be pretty rad.

Yes, Headbutt trees in Obsidia Park and you'll find them. Check this topic too for more info on locations of wild pokemon.

You miiight have to wait until after Corey to get Zangoose, cause you have to find it in the trash in every alleyway once iirc. I think the reason it's after Corey is that Toxic Boost + corrosive mist + facade from the game corner would make that fight extremely trivial. 

I agree with you on your point about some of the puzzles (I always slag off Pyrous mountain). The first time I played, I hit a wall at Route 1: I didn't know about the guy who trades honey, or that you could just buy it in Lapis. I thought you had to get it from Teddiursa or Combee's ability, which would be just insane, so I stopped playing for like a year. 

Ironically, I found the Radomus puzzle more difficult because I play a little chess (and even used to do chess puzzles back in the day). Some of the pieces look real similar and when you push them around they don't move like chess pieces (except for the bishops, sort of). It was just weird to get used to, and even then, pushing them around takes more forethought than I initially thought. 

I commend your ability to grind so much. ADHD is a real pain; the only reason I breed in Reborn is due to the speed up key... I don't think I have the stamina for EV training (even with items), so it's amazing whenever I see people do it :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing, my friend. And as most others have already mentioned, it's absolutely monstrous that you EV train your mons so early. Your patience is a good thing, it will come to be extremely useful in future battles. Can't wait to see how you will progress! ;D