Team Revision

Mechathulhu

So I've come to the end of my E16 journey and getting there was a little tough for some leaders I fought through due to common weaknesses and coverage, I really do like a lot of the Pokemon that I'm using but I feel like I could do better, I was wondering if any of the folk here would have any suggestions for replacing any Pokemon(s) in the party for a more solid team in regards to these issues. Thank you for your time and consideration.

e6184d112a07488793678ed34d4baa2c.png

- Make sure that Magnezone holds onto an Air Balloon to help cover your Ground Weakness

~ Magnet Rise also works very well alongside Air Balloon in this case

- Try out Noivern, because nothing on your Team resists Ground aside from Air Balloon Pokemon and potentially Greninja 

- What is your Greninja Moveset?

Just now, Mechathulhu said:

Greninja's moveset is currently HM heavy, but that can be changed. I have Dive/Dark Pulse/Surf/Rock Smash, what would you recommend for his moveset? :)

- Surf for Water Damage

- Gunk Shot to cover Fairies

- Extrasensory for common Fighting Types

- Hidden Power Fire or Dark Pulse for more coverage

Protean should help cover the Fairy Weakness

Noivern and Air Balloon Magnezone should help cover the Ground Weakness.

Wamt advice for the rest of the moves?

Sure. Gallade has Swords Dance/Close Combat/Psycho Cut/Drain Punch. Sylveon has Moonblast/Draining Kiss/Light Screen/Hyper Voice. Magnezone has Charge Beam/Flash Cannon/Thunder Wave/Magnet Rise. Darmanitan has Work Up/Flare Blitz/Flamethrower/Superpower

i think Shadow sneak (egg move) would serve gallade better then close combat to cover ghost weakness and for some priority, also sylveon wants wish for longevity, and pixilate hyper voice is a strong stab so replace MB and DK with wish and yawn (for status) or trick room to help your slower mons

EDIT: if you can teach u-turn or rock slide to your Darmanitan it'd be great

Edited by Another Retired Shipper

your team looks better then mine did. i ended episode 16 with blaziken, garbodor, golem, walrein, tangrowth and magnezone leaving behind a cofagrigus, sharpedo and  bibarel. looks like you got a really offensive team though so the only suggestion i have is maybe train up some defensive bulkier mons to rotate into if needed?

Greninja:

- Surf

- Gunk Shot

- Extrasensory

- Dark Pulse

Darmanitan:

- Flare Blitz

- Bulldoze

- Superpower

- Fire Punch

Gallade:

- Swords Dance

- Close Combat

- Zen Headbutt

- Knock Off

Sylveon:

- Misty Terrain

- Hyper Voice

- Trump Card

- Hidden Power Fire / Ground

Magnezone:

- Magnet Rise / Thunder Wave

- Discharge

- Flash Cannon

- Hidden Power Fire / Thunder Wave

Noivern:

- Dragon Pulse

- Air Slash

- Hurricane

- Flamethrower

16 minutes ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

i think Shadow sneak (egg move) would serve gallade better then close combat to cover ghost weakness and for some priority, also sylveon wants wish for longevity, and pixilate hyper voice is a strong stab so replace MB and DK with wish and yawn (for status) or trick room to help your slower mons

EDIT: if you can teach u-turn or rock slide to your Darmanitan it'd be great

while the wish this is true, usually in LP meta potions are the better way of healing. while heal 50% of max when you can heal back up to max?

4 hours ago, Wolfox Glace said:

while the wish this is true, usually in LP meta potions are the better way of healing. while heal 50% of max when you can heal back up to max?

True... But in my mono I had a maximum healing clause, so I couldn't use more healing items than the leader i was facing. Or more powerful than his/hers. So Moonlight in Dustox came in clutch vs Shelly for example. (even though she made it rain :( )