3DS to PC?

1 hour ago, GS BALL said:

Desmume needs Bios files and Firmware, or else... Likewise, most emulators need Bios, which you get separately and some of them, may even need plugins. Those are considered illegal, though. Not only roms, but bios files as well... Plus, pokemon roms of DS era have anti-piracy measures. You need certain tampering with very specific programs, to lift the XP ban of gen 5, or the graphic freezes and glitching, plus black screen, of gen 4. And for wi-fi, you need homebrew Desmume with programmed ad hoc, which only pros can pull off and besides, N has closed down wi-fi anyway for those older gens...

I'm sorry, but I was playing Black 22 and Blaze Black 2 within an hour of downloading the emulator.  I played through both without any problems.  It's not complicated..... it's been a while, but I don't remember downloading Bios and I know I didn't download firmware separately.

I'm pretty sure there is no emulator that has Wi-Fi, so that's to be expected

Edited by seki108

Some emulators are pretty CPU intensive, you may want to consider your specs before you start diving in to the emulator scene.

My old HP Pavilion with an Intel i3 could run Wind Waker at a stable 30 fps but for whatever reason gargled anus when trying to run Pokemon Black.

Now I'm using a newer HP Pavilion with 6th gen Intel i7 and things seem to be running a lot smoother. Haven't tried Citra in a while though but I still don't think its quite ready yet.

You definitely want to get a controller for when playing games like Wind Waker or Ocarina of Time because the keyboard and mouse controls just aren't ported very well at all.

1 hour ago, GS BALL said:

Desmume needs Bios files and Firmware, or else... Likewise, most emulators need Bios, which you get separately and some of them, may even need plugins. Those are considered illegal, though. Not only roms, but bios files as well... Plus, pokemon roms of DS era have anti-piracy measures. You need certain tampering with very specific programs, to lift the XP ban of gen 5, or the graphic freezes and glitching, plus black screen, of gen 4. And for wi-fi, you need homebrew Desmume with programmed ad hoc, which only pros can pull off and besides, N has closed down wi-fi anyway for those older gens...

Hold up I thought Desmume came pre-packaged with BIOS and firmware and such?

I know PCSX2 requires that you go out and download the BIOS separately but I don't remember having to do that with Desmume.

6 hours ago, Tartar said:

I refer you to my previous comment. RPCS3 is at a good stage of development. Things are improving rapidly, and Persona 5 already runs pretty close to full speed, albeit with graphical glitches. In 2-3 years we should have a great product. 

I honestly don't think its worth waiting for a PS3 emulator to come out to play those games.

You can get a PS3 for less than 70 bucks used nowadays and it'll probably be a hell lot more reliable than using a possibly unstable emulator with hardware that may not even be able to support it.

Edited by 5hift