A Rise from the Ashes: A Reborn Sun Team

A little back story: The first time I played reborn was back in 2013. Right when episode 10 was a thing. My team was ok, it had a difficult time but in the end it managed to pull through. However if it wasn't for the change in Serra's team in episode eleven, I would have never gotten past her. Something that irked me and the victory against episode 11 Serra didn't feel satisfying. But I did not think too much of it and went on playing until sometime before Terra. Where due to a computer change, my old save was left behind. Then life took over and I kind of forgot about reborn.

Until recently that it is. I had stumbled upon a fanfiction by the name of Rippling Eclipse and it reminded me of Reborn. I remembered enjoying the game. So I figured "Eh, I'll give it a go again." However insttead of starting at the most recent episode, I'll start with the version I originally started with and then update to episode 16 when I beat Serra. That way I could ease myself into the newest episode. Plus there was a score to Settle with Episode 10 Serra. Weeks were spent on her. Each time ended up in defeat. SO I kind of wanted the satisfaction in beating her when she gave me so much difficulty.

With that in mind, I decided to go with a Sun team. Not only to counteract her hail, but to also burn her entire team to the ground.

Without further ado, here's the team:

Charizard lvl 47

Timid Nature

@Solar Power

-Flamethrower

-Air Slash

-Flame Burst

-Rock Smash

I decided to go with charizard. Under sun, Zard hits like a truck. Ingame few things are able to take a hit from her when the sun is up. While she isn't the strongest mon, she manages to hold her own just fine when she comes out. Flamethrower and Air Slash are for stab. Rock Smash is so I don't need to use a team slot on an HM user. Flane burst is both a place holder and a back up just incase Flamethrower runs out of pp.

Ninetails lvl 49

Rash Nature

@Drought

-Flamethrower

-Hex

-Extrasensory

-Will-O-Wisp

The sun bringer. While she isn't the most powerful mon, drought makes up for it. Sun boosted flamethrowers will do a nice chunk of damage. Will O wisp is for crippling and pairing with hex. Hex and Extrasensory are for coverage. Thanks to her and Zard, Serra was able to be taken down. All in all, she really helps to bring the team together. She is a big help in any battle she takes part in.

Crobat lvl 47

Hasty Nature

@Infiltrator

-Wing Attack

-Confuse Ray

-Poison Fang

-Acrrobatics

Crobat puts in work. This guy has managed to hold his own against most of the gym leaders. Taking out atleast oe of their mons. Acrobatics is the main stab of choice. COnfuse ray and poison fang are for crippling and wing attack is back up flying stab.

Magneton lvl 48

Rash Nature

@Sturdy

-Thunder Wave

-Flash Cannon

-Charge Beam

-Electro Ball

The teams go to bulk. Thanks to sturdy, magneton is able to tank at least one hit and either attack back or paralyze the opponent.  Which was a big help against those battles that your opponents are 20 levels higher. Flash cannon and charge beam are the main stab moves. Electro ball is there as back up. For whatever reason he would not evolve in the abandoned power plant. So he's sort of stuck as a magneton for now.

Grumpig lvl 50

Modest Nature

@Own Tempo

-Psyshock

-Confuse Ray

-Grass Knot

-Power Gem

Grumpig was picked over Garde because in episode 10 she was the more bulky psychic type. Her bulk and coverage really help the team out. Thanks to her coverage, she can hit most mons neutrally. All in all, she is a solid member that puts in work.

Persian lvl 40

Naughty Nature

@Technician

-Fake Out

-Cut

-Swift

-Bite

As the game has gone on, persian has fallen from grace. Technician boosted fake out and bite are amazing. This guy managed to bite flinch Fern's ludicolo to death one battle. It was beautiful. My main issue with persian is that he does not help the team out defensively bar flinching opponents. As his coverage is currently bare bones. But he puts in work when needed. So that's good atleast.

Now I need some help with this team. I have a big weakness to ground and rock. Since I just updated to episode 16, any suggestions are appreciated. For I have no idea what mons are available that could both help counter that weakness, and synergize with the sun team theme I have going. Any thoughts?

I believe you can pick up a Houndour/Houndoom from the magma/aqua event,that should help you with one of her most annoying mons.Also a Scraggy from the slum event could help alot aswell.Thats the few mons i can think of on top of my head.

On 02/05/2017 at 1:48 AM, Shadyserpent269 said:

A little back story: The first time I played reborn was back in 2013. Right when episode 10 was a thing. My team was ok, it had a difficult time but in the end it managed to pull through. However if it wasn't for the change in Serra's team in episode eleven, I would have never gotten past her. Something that irked me and the victory against episode 11 Serra didn't feel satisfying. But I did not think too much of it and went on playing until sometime before Terra. Where due to a computer change, my old save was left behind. Then life took over and I kind of forgot about reborn.

Until recently that it is. I had stumbled upon a fanfiction by the name of Rippling Eclipse and it reminded me of Reborn. I remembered enjoying the game. So I figured "Eh, I'll give it a go again." However insttead of starting at the most recent episode, I'll start with the version I originally started with and then update to episode 16 when I beat Serra. That way I could ease myself into the newest episode. Plus there was a score to Settle with Episode 10 Serra. Weeks were spent on her. Each time ended up in defeat. SO I kind of wanted the satisfaction in beating her when she gave me so much difficulty.

With that in mind, I decided to go with a Sun team. Not only to counteract her hail, but to also burn her entire team to the ground.

Without further ado, here's the team:

Charizard lvl 47

Timid Nature

@Solar Power

-Flamethrower

-Air Slash

-Flame Burst

-Rock Smash

I decided to go with charizard. Under sun, Zard hits like a truck. Ingame few things are able to take a hit from her when the sun is up. While she isn't the strongest mon, she manages to hold her own just fine when she comes out. Flamethrower and Air Slash are for stab. Rock Smash is so I don't need to use a team slot on an HM user. Flane burst is both a place holder and a back up just incase Flamethrower runs out of pp.

Ninetails lvl 49

Rash Nature

@Drought

-Flamethrower

-Hex

-Extrasensory

-Will-O-Wisp

The sun bringer. While she isn't the most powerful mon, drought makes up for it. Sun boosted flamethrowers will do a nice chunk of damage. Will O wisp is for crippling and pairing with hex. Hex and Extrasensory are for coverage. Thanks to her and Zard, Serra was able to be taken down. All in all, she really helps to bring the team together. She is a big help in any battle she takes part in.

Crobat lvl 47

Hasty Nature

@Infiltrator

-Wing Attack

-Confuse Ray

-Poison Fang

-Acrrobatics

Crobat puts in work. This guy has managed to hold his own against most of the gym leaders. Taking out atleast oe of their mons. Acrobatics is the main stab of choice. COnfuse ray and poison fang are for crippling and wing attack is back up flying stab.

Magneton lvl 48

Rash Nature

@Sturdy

-Thunder Wave

-Flash Cannon

-Charge Beam

-Electro Ball

The teams go to bulk. Thanks to sturdy, magneton is able to tank at least one hit and either attack back or paralyze the opponent.  Which was a big help against those battles that your opponents are 20 levels higher. Flash cannon and charge beam are the main stab moves. Electro ball is there as back up. For whatever reason he would not evolve in the abandoned power plant. So he's sort of stuck as a magneton for now.

Grumpig lvl 50

Modest Nature

@Own Tempo

-Psyshock

-Confuse Ray

-Grass Knot

-Power Gem

Grumpig was picked over Garde because in episode 10 she was the more bulky psychic type. Her bulk and coverage really help the team out. Thanks to her coverage, she can hit most mons neutrally. All in all, she is a solid member that puts in work.

Persian lvl 40

Naughty Nature

@Technician

-Fake Out

-Cut

-Swift

-Bite

As the game has gone on, persian has fallen from grace. Technician boosted fake out and bite are amazing. This guy managed to bite flinch Fern's ludicolo to death one battle. It was beautiful. My main issue with persian is that he does not help the team out defensively bar flinching opponents. As his coverage is currently bare bones. But he puts in work when needed. So that's good atleast.

Now I need some help with this team. I have a big weakness to ground and rock. Since I just updated to episode 16, any suggestions are appreciated. For I have no idea what mons are available that could both help counter that weakness, and synergize with the sun team theme I have going. Any thoughts?

Wanna trade your magneton so I can evolve it and trade it back? 

also you don't have any Ice, dragon or fairy moves, which makes your team vulnerable to every dragon type. Gardevoir would fix that :D 

You also lack a counter for electric types (major threat to crobat and char) and the only move for fire types is a non-stab power gem. I think you really need a good ground type.

Gliscor, Flygon, Krookodile, mamoswine, diggersby, camerupt (If you want another fire type) or even gastrodon/quagsire would fit perfectly on your team :) 

20 hours ago, V for Vendetta said:

I believe you can pick up a Houndour/Houndoom from the magma/aqua event,that should help you with one of her most annoying mons.Also a Scraggy from the slum event could help alot aswell.Thats the few mons i can think of on top of my head.

Scrafty would be pretty good. Intimidate plus strong fighting stab would be very good here. So I'll probably put him on.

19 hours ago, luis said:

Wanna trade your magneton so I can evolve it and trade it back? 

also you don't have any Ice, dragon or fairy moves, which makes your team vulnerable to every dragon type. Gardevoir would fix that :D 

You also lack a counter for electric types (major threat to crobat and char) and the only move for fire types is a non-stab power gem. I think you really need a good ground type.

Gliscor, Flygon, Krookodile, mamoswine, diggersby, camerupt (If you want another fire type) or even gastrodon/quagsire would fit perfectly on your team :) 

Wait magneton has to be traded to evolve? I thought it was the locked room in the powerplant?

Your ground type advice is good. I'm torn between Diggerby, krook, and flygon. Krook and Diggersby have power. But flygon offers an immunity to both ground and a resistance to rock. Plus flygon would be good at helping with the dragon problem you pointed out as well. Guess i'll have to figure something out.

Thank you both for the advice!

15 hours ago, Shadyserpent269 said:

Scrafty would be pretty good. Intimidate plus strong fighting stab would be very good here. So I'll probably put him on.

Wait magneton has to be traded to evolve? I thought it was the locked room in the powerplant?

Your ground type advice is good. I'm torn between Diggerby, krook, and flygon. Krook and Diggersby have power. But flygon offers an immunity to both ground and a resistance to rock. Plus flygon would be good at helping with the dragon problem you pointed out as well. Guess i'll have to figure something out.

Thank you both for the advice!

It has to be in the powerplant :D I tought you couldn't acess it :P  

I can trade you a near perfect trapinch if it helps :D