Future Reborn team.

Noivy

So now that I've been nearing the end of the normal league. (And failing against Amy because lolsunvstworainsetters) I've been thinking about overhauling the team big time. I've come up with this team as a result.

142.gif534.gif230.gif637.gif497.gif612.gif

243.gif

142.gif@ Life Orb

Trait: Unnerve

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Stealth Rock

- Rock Slide

- Earthquake

- Taunt

So one of my major shortcomings early on in my league, I had no Rock Setter. I fixed this by putting a Rhyperior on my current team, but it's damned slow. So wynaut use a Aerodactyl? It's fast and hits hard. The biggest problem is that it doent get things like Head Smash to abuse the Rock Head ability so thats a downside

534.gif@ Burn Orb

Trait: Guts

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Drain Punch

- Mach Punch

- Bulk Up

- Earthquake

This is pretty much a first stab at using this, so I've decided to got with Guts+Toxic Orb. Why Toxic Orb? It's pretty damned bulky and has a very reliable STAB Drain Punch. So thats a good thing. The rest is mainly things that I put on because I have no clue as to what else to use.

230.gif @ Leftovers

Trait: Swift Swim

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance

- Outrage

- Waterfall

- Rain Dance

A classic Gen 4 set that makes Smogon cry. Rain Dance to throw things like Sandstorm and Sun off balance, as well as support some of the other members of the team.

637.gif @ Leftovers

Trait: Flame Body

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Quiver Dance

- Fiery Dance

- Bug Buzz

- Hurricane

Rain and Fire usually contradic oneanother, but Hurricane ALWAYS hits and thats enough to make me put Volcarona on the team. It's fast, a great special sweeper with great STAB and it gets Quiver Dance.

497.gif @ Leftovers

Trait: Contrary

- Leaf Storm

- Dragon Pulse

- Subsitute

- Hidden Power [Fire]

Sort of another special Sweeper. Not much is needed to say about this since nearly everyone knows what this is.

612.gif @ Life Orb

Trait: Mold Breaker

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance

- Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

- Brick Break

This... I cant for the life of me actually decide why I wanted another Dragon Sweeper on my team, but it made it on the team so I think I should decide what to improve. DDance is obvious. That much I know.

243.gif @ Life Orb

Trait: Pressure

- Thunderbolt

- Aura Sphere

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Shadow Ball

YAY RAIKOU! It's one of my favorite pokemon to use in my teams, because it has a GODLY Special movepool! It's fast and hits alamingly hard with all of it's moves and can be a major threat against a lot of teams!

Your opinions. Feed them to me.

Edited by Listar Iostone

I don't know if there's something wrong with the team, but you would probably be better off with more attacks than two taunts

I want to suggest you other punching moves for Conkeldurr, as he got new moves from the BW2 update, which are ThunderPunch, Fire Punch and Ice Punch

Up to you though

For the team as a whole, looks great :D. There are no major weaknesses (that I can see). However there are some minor tweaks I would suggest on some of the individual pokemon.

Aerodactyl: I would suggest taunt instead of dragon claw as aerodactyl uses this much better than serperior and definitely better than haxorus. Also I would suggest using pressure or unerve instead of rock head, seeing as you have no recoil moves anyway.

Conkeldurr: You have obviously never used one before so I will try not to be critical. First off, you want to use flame orb instead of toxic orb because guts cancels out the attack drop caused by burns and burn damage dosent increase every turn like toxic damage. You definitely want payback instead of earthquake so you can hit ghost types hard. And as for bulk up, you dont want to use a status orb and bulk up on the same set. The bulk up set needs survivability so it can sweep and a status orb GREATLY decreases that. Either take off bulk up and replace it with something like ice punch to hit ground types like gliscor (who used to wall the fuck out of conkeldurr), or keep bulk up and replace the orb with lefties.

Kingdra: Looks good :)

Volcarona: Looks good as well :)

Serperior: Giga drain is kind of redundant as leaf storm gets the same coverage, hits a lot harder, and provides stat boosts. I would replace giga drain with dragon pulse, obviously to hit dragon types. I would suggest hidden power fire over rock as steel types wall the fuck out of you. Leaders in the league are very good and will no doubt use this against you. and for the last move you can keep taunt if you want as serperior has a shitty movepool. However, there are some other helpful moves that can come in handy like substitute. Serperior usually forces many switches so it can be pretty easy to set up a sub and sit behind it and sweep. You can also use glare to cripple speedy sweepers.

Haxorus: This guy is a monster. You can never really go wrong with him. May I suggest using a lum berry so he isn't totally crippled by burns and paralyzes. Taunt is not ideal as it's not very useful on haxorus because it takes up a slot that can be used for coverage and nothing tries to set up on haxorus anyway. If your opponent stays in, it will attack you 90% of the time. I would replace it with x-scisor, shadow claw, or brick break.

Raikou: Mad love to a fellow raikou user *brofists*. Use shadow ball instead of signal beam because it gets better coverage and it has a higher base power. Other than that, looks good :D.

A threat list would be helpful. I know it helps me a ton on my RMT's.

I'm not really known for being a great team-maker and rater here, but I was just wondering if a Damp Rock would work on Kingdra? You seem to have a few (3 to be exact) Pokemon who take advantage of the rain. Kingdra, Volcarona and Serperior. Kingdra because of Swift Swim, Volcarona because of Hurricane, and Serperior because of how Rain weakens Fire.

In fact, if you added Thunder to Raikou, you would have four Pokemon that take advantage of rain.

Again, I'm not great at this, just a suggestion.

Team is pretty nice, but a phazer can really mess it up because most of the pokemon are set-ups, and I see no bulk except for the natural bulk in Conkeldurr so hazards can eat through your pokemon making an easy kill for your foe.

As for threats in pokemon, Sableye can do some damage with it's swagger/sub/will-o-wisp set. There is no major weaknesses.

Raikou doesn't really need Shadow Ball, and Weather Ball in Rain gives Ground coverage so try this?

Raikou @ Life Orb

Trait: Pressure

- Thunder

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Weather Ball

- Aura Sphere

You can replace Thunder with Thunderbolt if you want, just put it in there assuming rain was still up.

For Conkeldurr, wouldn't it be better to get a Flame Orb instead? I've found that the toxic usually leads to your demise if you let it last and increase in power.

Edited by BeaverRoo