Stuck on Hardcore Taka in Jasper

enu

• Developers

This is the first time ever I got this stuck in a pokemon game. I'm playing Reborn Hardcore, defeated both Julia and Florinia only to get completely stuck on Taka in Jasper ward.

Hardcore Taka has:

- Lileep - no problem

- Gligar(!!) - the biggest threat, it has good stats and very good typing, can take down any of my pokemon in two rounds with Acrobatics and all types resistent to flying are weak against his Buldoze plus water and ice mons are extremely rare at this point in the game

- Chatot - Sudowoodo can win sometimes, depends on Chatter confusion

- Klefki - steel/fairy typing make it resistent or immune to many types, Roselia can win with field-boosted Giga Drain

- PULSE-Tangrowth - I never even saw the PULSE as I can't get past the previous trio

Gligar is the worst. Swalot can use Toxic but Gligar still has more than enough time to decimate my team before the poison can finish the job.

Also this is No-Items challenge so I can't heal. The level cap is set to 35 because of Corey not giving a badge so I could in theory overlevel my team and be done with it but that's just not my style. And I don't want to trade online either.

I'm confident I can defeat the deadly trio with some more training, but I doubt I'll be able to take on the PULSE after that.

Mons I've trained so far: Swalot, Sudowoodo, Fearow, Pikachu (with Volt Tackle), Tranquill, Linoone, Kricketune and Spinda. I can catch and train something else - currently I'm trying to train a Pelipper to hopefully help against Gligar. My eggs were Drowzee and Seel Ciel.

Edited by baldr

I can't remember how I beat him, but Chatot gave me much more trouble than his Gligar. I guess Onix is able to land a Rock Tomb on Gligar, making it slow enough for something else to finish it off, maybe Roselia can outspeed Gligar after the Rock Tomb hit? Train a Fire-type to deal with Klefki, at least Litleo and Slugma are available to you. As for Tangrowth, since it's part Poison-type, Psychic-types can deal with it. It was regular Reborn, but I was able to defeat PULSE Tangrowth with Munna of all things.

Edit: Since you have Seel- no, Ciel - you could use that to deal with Gligar. It learns Ice Shard at level 17.

Edited by Zargerth

• Developers

Already defeated him. Turns out that Pelipper is indeed pretty good counter against Gligar. PULSE-Tangrowth was surprisingly easy because it's powerless against Swalot with Acid Spray.

Defeated Taka and ZEL in Beryl too. The key pokemon was ZEL's Jolteon with Charge Beam. I didn't have any good counter so I defeated it with Pelipper of all things. :-D Jolteon was poisoned by Toxic Spikes so I used Pelipper with Protect as a bait, switched out to some weak disposable mon, then Protect again, Swalot weakened it with more acid and finally Pelipper finished the Jolteon with Quick Attack. Very satisfying. Swalot took care of the PULSE in the meantime and together Swalot and Pelipper were able to defeat both Chatot and Klefki.

Now I'm about to face Corey and it took me a really long time to decide on my last pokemon for this fight - in the end I'll go with Munsharna. I really wanted a Gothorita but it only appears in the library after Corey.

Edited by baldr