Wolf's Live Stream!

Godot

a friend of mine, called Amans, has pulled together a live stream thingy. if possible we would like feedback and maybe some suggestions... here is the link to our stream! We will let you know on the server if the stream is online

http://www.justin.tv/amans91

We currently testing it out on an Indie game called Bastion, developed by SuperGiant Games, I am playing it for the first time and he is watching yelling at my n00b-ish-ness, then again.. i am a console gamer not a pc gamer... so this control scheme is a little awkward for me XD

pc games are for nerds. <- truelife

Your a member of Authority on a Pokemon server... it takes one to know one I guess XD

Hey Mael, how's your ugly game on 7 year old technology?

Just took a stab at consoles cause stab at PC was made >>

Inb4PC/ConsoleWar

Oooooooh FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

As soon amans and I get a capture device thingy (amans knows the technical stuff better than I do) we will start console game live stream, we are gonna do kingdom hearts 1 and 2 together, and on my own adgenda I wanna do sly cooper 1, super mario RPG, the pheonix wright trilogy, and the ratchet and clank trilogy, it would also be cool to do newer games like assassin's creed 3 and resident evil 6

I also wanna play games where I can take input from the members so it is like we all are plAying the game, best example is phoenix wright.

I plan on continueing to stream bastion for now and I plan on having it back up some time Friday afternoon

Controllers> keyboard + mouse

pc 800-1200 dollars on average.

consoles now around 250 or less.

pc games are often point and click-fests. boring.

don't get me started on the controls.

fps's aren't the same.

too much shit on yo comp= lag.

plus even more casual games than even the wii.

And... it looks pretty much the same as what's on your computer. How many pixels of definition does it take before the human eye can even tell the difference anymore?

=P @ Wolf.

What kind of game in steam bastion anyways?

Bastion is the name of the game, it is an overhead beat-them-up game, the main character is some ishvalan looking kid with a big ass hammer. From what I am gathering so far is that it is a post apocolypse game where you fight these heartless thing-ma-jigs. I plan on streamiing again tomorrow around noon, watch if you can =O

Remind me to post my dragon's dogma screen shots, edge wants to play dc universe online as well, we will post screne shots of that too

This isn't only my live stream, we actually do it on my friend amans's computer, and he will be live streaming diablo3 every now and then, I told him that he will only post his stream on reborn if I am arble to spectate, meaning when I am off from work

Controllers> keyboard + mouse

pc 800-1200 dollars on average.

consoles now around 250 or less.

pc games are often point and click-fests. boring.

don't get me started on the controls.

fps's aren't the same.

too much shit on yo comp= lag.

plus even more casual games than even the wii.

And... it looks pretty much the same as what's on your computer. How many pixels of definition does it take before the human eye can even tell the difference anymore?

gta4pcvs360.jpg

If that looks the same to you, you need to get your eyes checked Mael.

Controller vs KB/M is largely opinion, but at least PC gives you the option to use both. You being not used to controls on PC does not make them bad, it just means you are not used to them. Also in pretty much any game ever you can remap controls to what you feel is comfortable, or use a controller.

Point-and-click fests claim is completely bullshit. Just saying. BTW, there are more casual games on PC than Wii because it has been a gaming platform for far longer. Obviously there are some people that like to play casual games on PC, that is cool. But you know what? You can choose not to play the casual games and still have a game library far larger than what current gen consoles.

FPS are exactly the same but you can actually aim without auto assist. Mouse is much more accurate, it is once again you not being used to / liking the controls on PC.

BTW, if you have to much stuff running on your computer, you realize you can close those other programs, right? Lag eliminated. By the way I can run Skyrim on Ultra + PO + Photoshop + Browser + Rainmeter and other assorted programs at the same time fine, and I have only a mid end computer that was built two years ago. BTW enjoy using a browser and photoshop on your Xbox while playing a game.

As for price point, sure, console is cheaper initially, but it sure can add up. Your $250 console on launch day + a new game is now $310. Add maybe four or five more games in a few months and you're now at $610. For that price I can build you a computer that can crunch any console game out right now and most PC games that will come out for a few years. Also, PC can be upgraded as you go, you don't replace the whole damn thing by the time the next console is out. By the way, even most big name games come out on Steam at a $50 price point. You can get many quality games at $10 - $30 without waiting a year and a half. Steam has crazy sales and many other distribution companies have their own sales as well. Plus we have things like the Humble Bundle where you can get a bunch of high quality games for as low as $0.01 ($1.00 for steam keys for every game) and many other bundles too. By the time you have 130 games for your Xbox, you will have spent $7800. Steam Calculator brings up my total as $1290.77 and that is not even accurate because it does not account for you buying games at sale price.

Sure, consoles are affordable and easy to make work. They have a control scheme that you are used to. That is cool, and if that's how you want to spend your money that's fine. Some people will always prefer console over PC. But that doesn't mean they are better than a PC.