Wolf plays Saints Row the Third

Godot

PART 1:

well... I heard interesting things about this game, so it peeked my curiosity, so i borrowed it from a friend to keep me busy until Kingdom Hearts 3D comes out. Also, I have been wanting to write a video game journal like this for a while (and i really should have done it for Dragon's Dogma.)

For starters Saints Row is a sandbox Grand Theft Auto style game, but unlike GTA, it doesn't want to be taken seriously... which I kinda dig! However, my biggest fear is that the game is published by THQ... normally if I see THQ, xSEED, EA, or Actavision on a label of a game... I try to avoid it. I am gonna ignore my publisher phobia and play this game anyway!

When I first start the game, I set it to the Normal Difficulty, which sounds safe. The game introduces itself like the starwars movies, Opening Credits in OUTER SPAAAAACE!!! One thing I notice however... the game isn't afraid to curse, which I don't mind. Shortly after the game shows me a commercial for some non-existant energy drink where some black guy goes popeye and kicks some ass... in horrid animations... why emphasize energy drinks... they are disgusting, shortly after it leads into a small group of what appears to be robbers... the writing is decent, but the animations make me wanna puke blood >> the characters try robbing what looks like a movie theater and they are... kinda failing... two things I am really noticing is 1. So far is that the story reminds me of one of my favorite movies, "The Boondock Saints" and 2. there is a Fuck Load of purple in this game... something tells me that ame has a slight interest now... now time to actually play the gameplay part of the game.

Part 2:

My first impression... HOW THE HELL DO I PLAY *does the forbidden taboo of LOOKING AT THE MANUAL*ok... I have an assualt rifle and I am running and shooting... ok... nothing interesting so far... look a guy is close to me... and I can't punch or knife... ok...

FIrst off i should play this game like it is the first game I have ever played ever... so far i understand that this is a 3rd person shooter type of game (kinda like resident evil... cept resident evil looks and plays better)

apparently my "team needs to get into a vault and some swap guys show up as I am about to get in... that was... expected... okay... I know this game avoids realism... but I am taking out helicopters with a machine gun... really... One of the helicopters crash into where I am and I get caught... my characters closing statement is "Well Shit" and the level ends and my tv is coated in purple... so far not entirly impressed...

Edited by Dominus

PART 3:

Now apparently I have to customize my character... with all honesty I love it when games grant you this option! I made my character Hispanic (like me), and put a bad ass Scar across his face... most annoying thing about him though... they only gave me 3 actual voice options, so my character can either be a dick, a dick with a high pitch voice, or a dick with a deep horsey voice... i decided to stay simple and chose option 1.

Next starts lvl 2, apparently I am on a plane... some guy is trying to get me and my "friends" to work for him... but our little gang says hell no... now I have to try and find a way off of the plane.

apparently the way off was skydiving... skydiving and shooting people... not gonna lie I enjoyed it. There was some pain in the ass moments due to some slightly clunky controls, but it was cool, also the main villain stole all of my main character's money... making me poor... which i kind of expected. the level ended and i assume the real tutorial starts on how to play the game is gonna start.

PART 4:

Apparently we needed guns... so we attack a military base and stole theirs...

theeeen we apparently need a new place... >>

PART 5:

Apparently i had to modify my car... didn't care... then i had to modify my outfit... so i changed my clothes made me look less purple and pimpy, and more gangster/italian mafia-ish.... what? Black and green is way better than black and purple. Shortly after making my character look all spify... i got attacked by some incredible rip-off (see what i did there) at first I tried to get into a fist fight with this Hulken monster... but... I ain't rambo... so i decided to do what I do with Deadpool in Marvel... keep my distance and shoot it with a submachine gun...

You really shouldn't treat SR3 like you've never played a game before. It's an M rated game for a reason, and most people that age have played at least 1 video games since the current market of videos games likes this is for men from their early 20 to mid or late 30's. >> The purple is a running theme fromt he first game.

PS: Shoulda picked the British voice. If you're gunna be pompous may as well be British. >>

the reason why i said that is because the game play and graphics are... meh, only thing that will get me to play it again is that it reminds me of boondocks saints