FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

I really think it depends. I think IntSys will for sure be gunning for a matchup it assumes is going to feature the two most popular teams, especially after Lucina wiped the floor with virtually everyone last time in terms of competition.

However, I also feel like there was some understanding of theme in the last gauntlet - but maybe I don't remember the characters too well.

This VG is called "Wyverns vs. Pegasi" - so the final two might be concerned - more than or equally to getting the two most popular in the bracket - with getting one wyvern facing off against a pegasus. If we're assuming the final two would be Cordelia and Camilla, that fits the theme criterion, so it is probably fair to assume those two will be on opposite sides of the bracket.

The easiest way to ensure a Wyvern -and- a Pegasus make it to the final round - would be to have the brackets split where it's Pegasus Knights on one side and Wyverns on the others - lending a bracket that would look something like this.

---

Camilla vs. Beruka - a friendly sparring match in which Beruka doesn't even dream about finishing the mission for the sake of the populaces wishes. Not an entertaining first round fight.

Cherche vs. Minerva - the better first round match in the Wyvern pool because veteran players will be rallying behind a popular wyvern of their own, while Awakening joiners not going to Cordelia will highly regard Cherche. I believe Cherche has a real chance at pulling an upset in this scenario, but it would still be one if it were to happen.

---

Hinoka vs Palla - Battle of the Elder Sisters does provide some intrigue background wise, but because people seem to think Cordelia here at Reborn is the ideal horse to back, you guys might not think it is very fitting of Hinoka to be given a cakewalk round like Subaki. Ultimately, I feel people think Hinoka is one of the better bets to take on Camilla than Palla, leaving veteran Emblemers behind on the Pegasi side. This is the better first round match up for the winged horsies.

Cordelia - Subaki - Cordelia and Genderbent Discount Cordelia that also is Cordelia's Dad. This wouldn't even be close.

---

This does provide some pretty interesting second round match-ups, particularly on the Pegasi side. It's essentially a judgement call on which obsessive character they like more in Hinoka v. Cordelia, while the other match is essentially the older fans' best chance to rally against a polarizing figure in New Money Emblem in Minerva/Camilla.

You could assume Cordy/Cammy, but you never know. The Minerva in this round reminds me of the Ephriam Lucina clash - but in an earlier round, which may benefit the Pegasi representative in this case. Again, I think Hinoka draws too many votes from Cordelia even if she does land in the finals to beat Camilla, and if Hinoka gets there, vise versa.

---

The Navarre banner will be Kagero, Effie, Ceada, and Julia. As a Fates joiner, I still don't have Kagero, and having her be a 5* focus character is good for those that need her, but also those that have her.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Wheat said:

Again, I think Hinoka draws too many votes from Cordelia even if she does land in the finals to beat Camilla, and if Hinoka gets there, vise versa.

Aren't you free to pick a new side once your team loses? A large proportion of the losing army from Cordelia and Hinoka may well join the side of the victor, if there is any chance that they'll defeat Camilla anyway. I do agree that if Cordelia and Hinoka happens it'll likely be the closest matchup of the lot though, unless for some reason whoever faces Camilla in the finals brings it close. 

Hinoka and Cordelia may well be set to become the new Chrom and Ephraim.

Just now, Sheep said:

Aren't you free to pick a new side once your team loses? A large proportion of the losing army from Cordelia and Hinoka may well join the side of the victor, if there is any chance that they'll defeat Camilla anyway. I do agree that if Cordelia and Hinoka happens it'll likely be the closest matchup of the lot though, unless for some reason whoever faces Camilla in the finals brings it close. 

Hinoka and Cordelia may well be set to become the new Chrom and Ephraim.

Yes you pick new. Also... won't the pegs face off against the other pegs first? The last guantlet the same side fought each other ((the Princesses all went against each other first as did the princes.))

18 minutes ago, Wheat said:

The Navarre banner will be Kagero, Effie, Ceada, and Julia. As a Fates joiner, I still don't have Kagero, and having her be a 5* focus character is good for those that need her, but also those that have her.

Effie is on another one? wasn't she on Fighting Ursula or... one of the others? I swear she was. Whatever more chances to roll 5* Effies never hurts cause Effie is... stupid. Julia and Kagero are also stupid strong units to roll. Caeda is... meh though.

- oh yeah. I guess I technically did win because I bandwagoned with Lucina really late after Leo got destroyed. :C It wasn't any fun though. Being able to change your team after your team gets downed drains any hope for competition away. It's just a participation trophy at that point. If that's going to keep happening, I may as well pick Hinoka - until she loses, and then submit to our Nohrian slightly depressive, certainly attractive, and especially overattached overlordess. #FreeStuff. #Woo.

I actually forgot how I didn't like that I could do that. Damn it.

- Yeah, but I don't like the gamesmanship on IntSys' part even if there is a good reason. If It were really Princes vs. Princesses, you would have characters squaring up immediately and letting the dust settle more. Same with Wyverns and Pegasi. I understand it's going to be the most popular of each category, but it's an annoying misnomer and we miss out on some pretty cool matchups. The narrative would be much better -and- the match much closer if Subaki could take on a Beruka instead of a Cordelia.

Yes, it will be Effie's second banner. When the gauntlet comes out, Camilla will have her THIRD banner counting Spring!Camilla.

18 minutes ago, Wheat said:

Yes, it will be Effie's second banner. When the gauntlet comes out, Camilla will have her THIRD banner counting Spring!Camilla.

To be fair technically Spring!Camilla is at least a different unit entirely. So it's not... really the third one. ((even if it's the same character.)) so the regular Cmailla has only seen two no more than Eirika who was in the banner right before the princesses one and then was in that guantlet banner as well lel.

And ye it'd be interesting if the characters were actually paired against things they might have some reasonable chance of winning but I think they want to assure the final is Peg vs Wyvern, rather than in that situation where it could be Wyvern versus Wyvern or Peg versus Peg. ((even though it should be Peg V Peg, we know Pegs are better :P))

I'm rather bleh on this though... since like while I do prefer Peg Knights like I don't really care about annoy of them on the banner since most are in games I haven't played or I vehemently dislike. *ahem*, Mister Perfect. A.k.a Mandelia, a.k.a The Free unit cause no one would take him otherwise, a.k.a the one and only Quick Riposte Fodder man, a.k.a I've run out of bad jokes.))

But... ew Wyverns. it is much dilemma. ((could've made this easy but maybe Vanessa/Tana existing but NOOOOO. Sacred Stones characters apparently have to wait 7000 millennia unless they are Eirika/Lord Disgusting.))

Just now, Hukuna the Undying said:

But... ew Wyverns. it is much dilemma. ((could've made this easy but maybe Vanessa/Tana existing but NOOOOO. Sacred Stones characters apparently have to wait 7000 millennia unless they are Eirika/Lord Disgusting.))

At least they're not Tellius characters. Even the main characters can't get in from there. Guess the boat fares are an Empress's sum.

Look, at least I fought the good fight before I succumbed to the Lucina scourge. ((as in I went for Sharena.)) I was actually pretty high rank too so I get me some pretty feathers even if I didn't get the win bonus. 

as for the gauntlet probably sooner rather than later.

and look @Sheep it ain't much consolation when I don't even know what game Tellius is lol. I just need me Tana a.k.a my unit that broke the shit out of Sacred Stones when I palyed it. I need Gilliam too for this reason though it wasn't me that palyed that run it was my little bro ((who had a Gilliam that maxed his resistance. HIS RESISTANCE))

5 minutes ago, Sheep said:

@Hukuna the Undying Tellius is Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Ike's games, and the only member of them in Heroes at the moment is Sanaki, the Empress of Begnion. Hence the Empress joke.

Ah, that's why I never know what people are talking about for those ones. ((and yes... it's great consdiering Ike won the Choose Your Heros poll, still not in the game.))

9 hours ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

also COmbat... is that the free Olivia or is it one you rolled? IVs... kinda matter in the 5* feather game. If it was the one you got from the free amps all of her IVs are neutral and that's probably okay. But otherwise well ye... XD.

She was a pull I got early on. I believe she was a four star. So once I get enough, I'll power her up.

1 hour ago, Felix- said:

JS if I had to pick between a flying horse and a dragon

I'm just saying scales > feathers

While I agree entirely with what you're saying, when the choice is between this:

Image result

and this:

Image result for shiny gourgeist camilla

you pick this:

Image result

Spoiler

Though I think Gourgeist is a great pokemon don't get me wrong.

@Felix- I get ya my dude. I'll admit some of my thing is I just can't stand Yanderes at all. ((mostly since they are all samey all terrible manipulative piece of garbage human beings. At least they way they are nearly all portrayed in media. of course... in my opinion. Not like it's bad to like them it's fine, just 100% not the kind of character that gels with me cause they are extremely off-putting to me.))

I'm not really a fan of any of the characters in the gauntlet though myself like I don't even like any of the peg knights ((the only actual characer in this whole thing I like? Beruka who will surely get destroyed.)) like it'd be easier if the Peg Knights I gave to flying figs about were in it XD. I'm thinking of only picking Cordy cause I ahve her honestly so extra pointatude.

But Tom, Cordelia wears a breastplate that overcompensates. If she were able to have Camilla's figure, she'd kill for it. Comparing great art to a picture of Gourgeist doesn't change that.

Wyverns are better than Pegs though. Most Pegasus Knights are youthful typical anime characters in this game. At least you get four different characters on the Wyvern side of the banner.

I don't consider Camilla a yandere character. She doesn't kill people to pursue Corrin's affections. She's Momma Bear with a tragic past that has some lingering character flaws.

The real reason people don't like her is because she's an overtly sexualized character who asserts her personality on the player and that's the two things that come to mind.

Best characters in this round are Cherche, Minerva, and Hinoka.

9 hours ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

@Combat You know her IVs?

No idea. I never got the information when I first got her, so it's a little hard to tell now. At level 27, she has HP: 26, Atk: 27, Def: 20, Spd: 24, and Res: 17. Is her IVs just a what's highest, what lowest type thing, or does it go deeper than that? (Sorry for not knowing, I rarely get this invested in a games meta, even in Pokemon.)

If I'm aloud to throw my two cents in, I'd need to say that I really don't like Camilla. Besides the fact that she's a blatant fan service character... Actually that's the biggest reason for me. I think it's compounded by the fact that she's kind of made to be our character's/Corrin's sister just feels weird too. If she weren't so sexualized, her personality would be ok, and if it weren't for her personality, they could probably get away with her design. Plus, you don't usually expect fan service in a Nintendo game (this kind, nostalgia fan service is a little different in my opinion.)

I'll probably go with Hinoka or Cordelia. Beruka would be my vote, but there's no way she'll make it past round one.

6 minutes ago, Fabled Asian said:

@Combat Go to Unlock Potential and select Olivia, it should show you what her 5* start stats will look like and compare it here https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/olivia

Ah, yes. That makes more sense. According to that, she would have high defense, but low attack. Everything else would be in the middle then. That does make me wonder if she would be worth making five stars. If people like making her a fighter, it might not be wise to do so on one that has low attack. On the other hand though, that extra defense might round it out. What do you think? She'd most likely end up being on a team with Camilla, Cordelia, and Jeorge if I do.

I actually really like Beruka....in Fates. I don't ever pull her because my 3* green is always Bartre.

Beruka has the best C support ever - with Saizo in Revelation.

---

One way they could have handled this is to have had people compete in several ways for feathers

• Join an army - Doing so sticks you to that army until there is a winner for the entire gauntlet. You get your feathers for participating in battles -and- a multiplier or more feathers depending on how far the character you sided with goes in the tournament.
  • Bracketology - Calling the winners of the entire tournament. An aggregate score is placed on your bracket for accuracy - with a multiplier or substantial amount of feathers if your champion goes go on to win the whole thing. Think March Madness Basketball.
  • Weekly/Daily Pick'Em - Picking the winners of the current round of the tournament. When the round ends you are given a set amount of feathers based on your accuracy.

Only the first option requires a player to JOIN an army, allowing the popularity contest to at least play out without defeated players switching to the winning team to make the margin of victory much worse.

---

See, Combat?

Camilla's character is a very decently executed one with two very large reasons nobody seems to see. It may not be necessarily agreeable, but the flawed parts of her writing save for Avatar lovefesting is incredibly hinting that Camilla has layers more than it is she's a terrible person or that it's bad writing. It's a shame her model already puts people off before she can even get a word in edgewise.

I have my problems with her sexualization - all the way back to the time Fates teased you for picking Birthright by not only giving you a runway cutscene in Cheve, but almost allowing Camilla to join you after that fight. Or how the ending cutscene in conquest features the player's point of view running SMACK INTO her chest. People that appreciate Camilla as a character don't like that aspect of her too (unless that's the reason they LIKE Camilla to start with.)

• Support Squad

I mean fanservice is not inherently bad, cramming it into a persons characterisation can lead to poor writing, which is often the case, but it can be done and still have an interesting character. Tig ol bitties aren't the end all be all for or against, judging books yadda yadda