Help against Shelly

Ari0n

So, I'm stuck at Shelly's gym. Her Yanmega just swipes my team, so I would appreciate some help with either new pokemon or a tactic.

My team is:

Frogadier (lvl 34) - [Ability: Protean / Item: Sea Incense / Nature: Naughty] Moveset: Water Pledge / Lick / Smack Down / Quick Attack  

Bibarel (lvl 33) - [Ability: Unaware / Item: none / Nature: Lax] Moveset: Headbutt / Cut / Rock Smash / Yawn 

Noibat (lvl 32) - [Ability: Infiltrator / Item: none / Nature: Rash] Moveset: Screech / Air Cutter / Roost / Razor Wind 

Roselia (lvl 35) - [Ability: Poison Point / Item: Rose Incense / Nature: Calm] Moveset: Giga Drain / Growth / Leech Seed / Magical Leaf 

Pangoro (lvl 33) - [Ability: Iron Fist / Item: none / Nature: Bashful] Moveset: Body Slam / Vital Throw / Work Up / Karate Chop 

Note: I'm using Bibarel as TM slave and my objective was to get an Aggron and a Chandelure to complete my team.

I'm starting with Frogadier / Bibarel and using Smack Down on Masquerain (leaving him with low HP to make her waste her Ultra Portions) and Yawn on Illumise.

Then after I use yawn I switch to Pangoro and try from there.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Edited by Ari0n

You should use a Fire-type Pokemon ('cause she use uses bug-types duh).

Also a Rock-type Pokemon such as Graveler can be very useful (resists bug STABs,but don't bring it out while Masquerain is still alive).

Noibat isn't very useful until it evolves at around level 48-ish so get a better Flying-type for now (Unfezant, Pidgeot etc).

On 1/31/2017 at 8:09 PM, Ari0n said:

So, I'm stuck at Shelly's gym. Her Yanmega just swipes my team, so I would appreciate some help with either new pokemon or a tactic.

My team is:

Frogadier (lvl 34) - [Ability: Protean / Item: Sea Incense / Nature: Naughty] Moveset: Water Pledge / Lick / Smack Down / Quick Attack  

Bibarel (lvl 33) - [Ability: Unaware / Item: none / Nature: Lax] Moveset: Headbutt / Cut / Rock Smash / Yawn 

Noibat (lvl 32) - [Ability: Infiltrator / Item: none / Nature: Rash] Moveset: Screech / Air Cutter / Roost / Razor Wind 

Roselia (lvl 35) - [Ability: Poison Point / Item: Rose Incense / Nature: Calm] Moveset: Giga Drain / Growth / Leech Seed / Magical Leaf 

Pangoro (lvl 33) - [Ability: Iron Fist / Item: none / Nature: Bashful] Moveset: Body Slam / Vital Throw / Work Up / Karate Chop 

Note: I'm using Bibarel as TM slave and my objective was to get an Aggron and a Chandelure to complete my team.

I'm starting with Frogadier / Bibarel and using Smack Down on Masquerain (leaving him with low HP to make her waste her Ultra Portions) and Yawn on Illumise.

Then after I use yawn I switch to Pangoro and try from there.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I caught a geodude with stealth rock and setting up stealth rock was very easy it took down most of her Pokemon's health down easily. (Yanmega especially).

Also if you want I can give you a Charmander with flare blitz and some other egg moves. (hopefully, it will help).

I speak from experience here (since i'm doing a dark mono run right now) when i say Pangoro just won't work in this gym. He pretty much gets outsped by everything, and Struggle Bug just wrecks him.

As some already suggested, getting a Geodude from below the staircase, or even a Slugma from the trade arcade (since you'll probably need one for breeding, due to Magma Armor) will do wonders for you.

Instead of Noinbat, I would suggest almost any other Flying type (even Fearow).  It just can't take a hit. Regaurding Yanmega, in my case, I had my Frogier and Zebrastrika (2 special attacker) doulbe attack it, and take it out before it attacked (otherwise it caused too much damage) Since Rosalia knows Giga Drain, it should be able to one shot Anorith.

49 minutes ago, Maltor said:

even a Slugma from the trade arcade

I would definitely say Geodude.  From my experience at least, Slugma was too slow to get off an attack 80-90% of the time.  Fire attacks are useless in this gym (unless you can outlast Rain Dance) and Slugma's rock throw didn't really do much.

Just now, seki108 said:

I would definitely say Geodude.  From my experience at least, Slugma was too slow to get off an attack 80-90% of the time.  Fire attacks are useless in this gym (unless you can outlast Rain Dance) and Slugma's rock throw didn't really do much.

IIRC Slugma can learn Flame Burst not needing to go over the level cap at Shelly's gym, and the terrain there is Grassy terrain (is it?), so you can pair up Slugma with a Fake Out pokemon (Technician Persian comes to mind), stop Illumise from using Rain Dance, and just remove that grass from play.

But yeah, Slugma is super slow.

14 minutes ago, Maltor said:

Out pokemon (Technician Persian comes to mind), stop Illumise from using Rain Dance,

I feel like a complete idiot for at least not trying that (Meostic still knew it at this point), and just assuming Prankster would still take priority. That would have been so much easier.  Well, if I do another run, I'm doing this.  Thank you.

Edited by seki108