I need help with a Meowstic duo

TheJazMaster

I have a male Espurr (just about to evolve) and a female Meowstic that I want to make an attacker/support duo with. I don't know moves too well so I would like to hear your tips on how to build them.

Meowstic lvl. 35

Ability: Competitive

Item: Light clay

Moves:

Light screen

Fake out

Psyshock

Shadow ball

I'm probably gonna replace fakeout with signal beam as soon as possible. I'm also thinking about putting light screen on the male, but I don't know what I'd replace it with. Charge beam maybe?

Espurr lvl. 26

Ability: Own tempo (will change to prankster)

No item yet

Moves:

Covet

Psybeam

Psyshock

Some lame move I can't remember

I just got him, so here are some moves I'm considering:

Miracle eye

- Is made mostly useless by dark types being immune to prankster and can be easily replaced by signal beam on the female

Helping hand

- I don't know if he can (re)learn it

Follow me

- To protect the attacker

- Requires a defensive buff

Defensive buff

- See above

Reflect

- I'm 99% giving him this

Any reccomendations? Which moves should I pick? Thank you in advance.

I would give both Light Screen and Reflect to the male, alongside the Light Clay. Prankster Screens is a natural combo, and the Female should be on the offensive anyway. Keep Psyshock as well, to have some offensive ability as well.

As for the female, I'd probably go with Shadow Ball/Psychic/Signal Beam/X, with me not really knowing what X to use.

54 minutes ago, Anstane said:

As for the female, I'd probably go with Shadow Ball/Psychic/Signal Beam/X, with me not really knowing what X to use.

X could be Dark Pulse for the chance of Flinches.  At least I have it for that, although I replaced Psychic with Psyshock for so she has a physical hitting attack and as a place for Light Screen.

You could consider Charge Beam on your female to give it additional coverage coupled with a chance to boost up. I don't think going for Shadow Ball AND Dark Pulse is smart, since they cover the same types, ghost and psychic. You would probably just end up using only one of them. Shadow Ball offers the better neutral coverage, so I'd choose that one.

Also dark types are not yet immune to Prankster. That is a Gen VII change and E16 is still running on Gen VI mechanics.

For the male just go with double screens, Psychic or Psyshock depending on which move your female doesn't have and then for the last move I'd consider Misty Terrain since eliminating the current field effects can be quite powerful. Miracle Eye would be good too, but as long as you have signal beam you can live without it. You could just fill in whatever else you feel like. It's all situational at this point. Helping Hand and Quick Guard are available to you via relearner. Thunder Wave would also be a nice option, but sadly the TM isn't available yet.