Wailord(79) - Oblivious : Surf, Waterfall, Bounce, Dive

Noivern(69) - Infiltrator : Tailwind, Fly, Boomburst, Air Slash

Rhyperior(80) - Solid Rock : Stone Edge, Hammer Arm, Earthquake, Rock Wrecker

Typhlosion(80) - Flash Fire : Swift, Eruption, Inferno, Flamethrower

Zebstrika(80) - Lightningrod : Flame Charge, Wild Charge, Discharge, Flash

PC(reserves):

Aggron(79) - Heavy Metal : Iron Head, Rock Slide, Iron Defense, Heavy Slam

Ampharos(70) - Static : Cotton Guard, Signal Beam, Light Screen, Thunder

Meowstic(f, 71) - Competitive : Extrasensory, Signal Beam, Sucker Punch, Psychic

Scrafty(77) - Shed Skin : Rock Climb, Crunch, High Jump Kick, Ice Punch

Amoonguss(75) - Effect Spore : Clear Smog, Solar Beam, Venoshock, Spore

Donphan(75) - Sturdy : Thunder Fang, Rock Smash, Earthquake, Strength

I caught the Ampharos from the wild and haven't used it in battle yet, so I haven't changed any skills on it, same thing for Amoonguss. Both seem like nice pokemon to have, Amoonguss for Spore, and Ampharos with a mega evolve seem nice to me.

Note that I have to level some pokemon in this a bit more, seeing how I still have to beat the Fairy Gym. Also, I wanna change a few skills on some of my Pokemons(Swift for Smokescreen or smth on Thyplosion, and Dragon Pulse for one of the skills of Noivern for example), but I haven't gotten to that yet.

I am looking to get a few more pokemon, but don't know which would be strong to fill those positions.

What do you recommand to change for my team, or to try to catch somewhere and level to make my team a bit more well-rounded?

P.S.: in case you wanna know, I caught the Ampharos at that level in the Jasper Ward, next to the police station in those grasses. The chance to encouter it is really rare, but you can get it this way after you come back to Reborn City after beatin Ciel in Agate Circus, and fly back.

pretty nice team :) 

but maybe a few suggestions:

1) Another water type?

I feel wailord isn't the best water type to use on teams

because besides its crazy HP, its quite average/ below par on most of the other stats 

and if you're close to fighting the fairy gym you should have access to a wide range of water types

like Swampert, Azumarill, (if you trade maybe even Greninja/ Gyarados [but he is too broken, so not too much fun using him]) 

2) no steel/ fighting type?

yes i see agrron and scrafty but you have better and more well rounded mons available

quite a useful type to carry around (awesome defense, lots of resistances and decent offence)

you have options in metagross, lucario, magnezone (considering you can get the Yureyu key)

maybe a fast fighting type like lucario would be best, i see scrafty is your only fighting option

maybe switch his ability to moxie, makes sweeping a bit easier considering he survives

P.S - fighting types are one of the most offensive types so real useful :D 

3) Noivern moveset

and maybe replace fly on noivern and teach him dragonpulse, and considering how it's forever raining in reborn you can teach him hurricane too to replace air slash

4) Typhlosion moveset

3 out of 4 of his moves are fire, which limits his use

so i suggest replacing inferno with maybe hidden power (only if it's grass)

plus inferno has terrible accuracy

5) Zebstrika moveset?

maybe replace discharge (useful move but it's wasted on zeb because it's got better attack than special attack)

plus it already knows wild charge

so maybe a move like thunder wave

in reborn, a crippling move is sooo freaking useful

(which is why Ame doesnt want to give it to us -_- or i just haven't found it, correct me if i'm wrong)

if you have time (like me), what i like doing is having at least 2 mons of each type (dual typing counts)

that way i can specialize or at least take mons that have a better advantage for the situation

eg. Fairy gym - easy sweep with metagross and magnezone for me

Ice - Weavile, Mamoswine

Fairy - Gardevoir, Azumarill, Florges?

Ground - Excadrill, Swampert

kinda like that :P 

I'm not the best, just giving my opinion based on my first impression of your team :P 

Edited by Nico Robin

12 minutes ago, Nico Robin said:

1) Another water type?

because besides its crazy HP, its quite average/ below par on most of the other stats 

and if you're close to fighting the fairy gym you should have access to a wide range of water types

like Swampert, Azumarill, (if you trade maybe even Greninja/ Gyarados [but he is too broken, so not too much fun using him]) 

yes i see agrron and scrafty but you have better and more well rounded mons available

quite a useful type to carry around (awesome defense, lots of resistances and decent offence)

you have options in metagross, lucario, magnezone (considering you can get the Yureyu key)

maybe a fast fighting type like lucario would be best, i see scrafty is your only fighting option

maybe switch his ability to moxie, makes sweeping a bit easier considering he survives

3) Noivern moveset

and maybe replace fly on noivern and teach him dragonpulse, and considering how it's forever raining in reborn you can teach him hurricane too to replace air slash

4) Typhlosion moveset

5) Zebstrika moveset?

maybe replace discharge (useful move but it's wasted on zeb because it's got better attack than special attack)

(which is why Ame doesnt want to give it to us -_- or i just haven't found it, correct me if i'm wrong)

if you have time (like me), what i like doing is having at least 2 mons of each type (dual typing counts)

that way i can specialize or at least take mons that have a better advantage for the situation

Ice - Weavile, Mamoswine

I'm not the best, just giving my opinion based on my first impression of your team :P 

I could potentially help with that Gyarados tip @Nico Robin gave you

18 minutes ago, Nico Robin said:

1) Another water type?

I have some other water types available. The main reason for sticking to wailord was the fact that I caught him in the wild at 83(had to comman candy him down to obey me), and because of his huge hp pool. Other options I have for water are Clawitzer, Pelipper, Sealeo, Floatzel, Krabby, Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Oshawott. Which would you recommand training?

I knew I lacked some steel types, never really trained any prior to the fairy gym, so I just have a few options here: Mawile, Steelix, Klink, Beldum, Bronzor

For fighting, I felt that Scrafty was sufficient, but didn't really know what else would be nice. Some other mons I have for fighting: Riolu, Makuhita, Timburr, Meditite, Tyrogue, Croagunk

3) Noivern moveset

My game is rain-free atm, so I don't know if I should get hurricane anymore. If dragonpulse is a TM, I'd gladly replace it for fly, I just think fly is really useful for getting around quickly, and I'm a bit too lazy to keep switching :/

4) Typhlosion moveset

My main reason for getting Inferno was to get rid of certain fields, and for the burn, but I hardly use that move. His hidden type is Electric, should I still switch it? What other move would you recommand to get for him?

5) Zebstrika moveset?

Why would thunder wave be better in this case? I like discharge for the fact that it doesn't hurt the pokemon as much(I lose a lot of hp sometimes when using Wild Charge).

Ice - Weavile, Mamoswine

I'm kinda looking for some grass types as well. these pokemons seem nice to have, but do you have some recommands for Grass?

btw, I don't have all the time in the world, with college finals coming up again, I have some time now because of winter holiday, but that's about it :/

It doesn't matter that you're not the best, I'm kinda bad at team-building in pokemon games myself, as I only ever just looked at what moves were cool and strong hitting in the games :P that was, until I started Reborn

20 minutes ago, JoJoDeath said:

I have some other water types available. The main reason for sticking to wailord was the fact that I caught him in the wild at 83(had to comman candy him down to obey me), and because of his huge hp pool. Other options I have for water are Clawitzer, Pelipper, Sealeo, Floatzel, Krabby, Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Oshawott. Which would you recommand training?

My automatic choice would be:

Mudkip > Swampert (awesome water and ground type, plus level up access to STAB earthqauke!)

If you have time for natures and EV:

adamant nature with 252 EV in HP and attack 

I knew I lacked some steel types, never really trained any prior to the fairy gym, so I just have a few options here: Mawile, Steelix, Klink, Beldum, Bronzor

For fighting, I felt that Scrafty was sufficient, but didn't really know what else would be nice. Some other mons I have for fighting: Riolu, Makuhita, Timburr, Meditite, Tyrogue, Croagunk

Again, my choice would be:

Riolu > Lucario (dual typing so extra bonus, and obvs some negatives too)

but decent speed with good attack and sp. attack

usually people use lucario as a mixed attacker (sp attack and attack)

so i just stick to using a neutral or nature that reduces sp. def or def for boost in speed

My game is rain-free atm, so I don't know if I should get hurricane anymore. If dragonpulse is a TM, I'd gladly replace it for fly, I just think fly is really useful for getting around quickly, and I'm a bit too lazy to keep switching :/

dragon pulse is avaialble as a move tutor move

forgot where, but it should be either agate circus or the new move tutors in Peridot Ward

My main reason for getting Inferno was to get rid of certain fields, and for the burn, but I hardly use that move. His hidden type is Electric, should I still switch it? What other move would you recommand to get for him?

true fields are annoying :P 

but i prefer using the field to my advantage where possible instead of altering it 

esp a move like inferno, if it misses its a waste of a turn and you dont get to change the field too

electric isnt too bad, it can counter its water weakness at least :) 

Why would thunder wave be better in this case? I like discharge for the fact that it doesn't hurt the pokemon as much(I lose a lot of hp sometimes when using Wild Charge).

true wild charge causes you to lose 1/4 of the HP damage you deal...

thunder wave is useful to cripple faster foes, who become impossible to beat once faster

eg. Speed boost blaziken or dragon dance gyarados

but in my honest opinion

ampharos or electivire over zeb because their sp. attack and attack respectively are better

I'm kinda looking for some grass types as well. these pokemons seem nice to have, but do you have some recommands for Grass?

btw, I don't have all the time in the world, with college finals coming up again, I have some time now because of winter holiday, but that's about it :/

Breloom with technician ability is nice

Roserade

Sceptile

i use Serperior (because of its broken contrary ability and leaf storm) (happy to trade you one if you like too :P, got tons of high IV starter pokemon)

It doesn't matter that you're not the best, I'm kinda bad at team-building in pokemon games myself, as I only ever just looked at what moves were cool and strong hitting in the games :P that was, until I started Reborn

it's alright, i wont be playing too much too becasue winter break is almost over :P but yeah these holidays are nice to catch up