Poe's Emerald Randomlocke Thread

Poetic

So, Xiph showed me this Emerald Randomizer thing and I decided to Nuzlocke it and write a story about it because I’m a bored Poe. All of the wild Pokemon are randomized and the starters were picked using the Roulette Command. So, let me detail my rules of this Nuzlocke.

1. All Pokemon must be nicknamed.

2. KO’d = Dead

3. I can only catch the first Pokemon I see on a route unless it’s a duplicate but I really doubt that will happen.

And I’m only going to start the first Pokemon per route rule after I have received my Pokeballs. So, with that said and done, enjoy

(Also, I know I do a lot of stuff regarding Emerald. It seems a lot of good stuff has been made to mod it. And I'll probably post some Screenshots when it's all said and done.)

Chapter One: Meeting Sye and the Rustboro Gym!

Hi, my name is Poe. Or, at least, that’s what I’m going to call myself! Yep. No need for you all to know my real name. Anyway! This particular story is all about my adventures through the great land of Hoenn and all of my really strange encounters. I guess you could say it’s kinda… Random.

Anyway, my journey began in the back of a moving truck. To be honest, I am not entirely sure as to why I’m in the back of a moving truck. There are no roads anywhere near my new hometown of Littleroot Town. At all. So, I’m guessing this is some mystical truck that can drive through trees or something.

So, I hopped out of the truck and right away my mom’s rambling about clocks. There are times I think the woman is crazy. Anyway, I went upstairs to my room… Wait, upstairs leads right into my room? Well, that’s great and all, but where’s mom gonna sleep? I mean, we don’t even have a couch! Okay, sleeping arrangement issues aside, I set the clock and walked back downstairs. Mom was saying something about Dad and the Petalburg Gym, but I just caught the tail end of it. Oh well. Dad’s not around much anyway.

Mom went back to rambling about the neighbors and how a Professor lives next door and how I should go and introduce myself. Crazy and bossy, that’s my mom. I straightened my totally awesome bandana and walked next door and I just barged right in like the awesome guy I am.

Apparently, the professor’s wife didn’t take kindly to my barging and demanded to know who I was. Because, y’know, break ins were oh so common in a town where only they lived until my mom and I came here. Of course, once I told her I had just moved in next door, she was ecstatic to see me and told me to go talk to her daughter upstairs. What is up with people and bossing me around?

So, I walked upstairs to try and talk to this May and… No one was there. Damn it, woman, don’t you even know where your own daughter is? I’d only been in Hoenn for five minutes and I’m already confused as all get out…

Anyway! I went back downstairs and whaddaya know, May came walking in the door. So, not only was she not in her room, she wasn’t even in the entire house. May’s mom is my entrant for Worst Mother Ever. May and I talked some, but I was too confused to pay proper attention.

In my confused daze, I managed to find my way outside where I heard someone yelling from outside town. “Here I come to save the day!” I yelled, rushing outside where I saw who I could only assume was the Professor of the town being chased around by… A Zigzagoon. Really manly, Professor. Really. Manly.

Professor Manly Man called out for help so I decided to help the poor guy and rummaged through his backpack, looking for the Pokeballs he mentioned. I finally found them and quickly looked in them. Masquerain… Nah. Ludicolo… Too weird, even for me. Then I looked into the final Pokeball and knew I had to pick this Pokemon. It was my Soul Mon. That is now a word.

I stared down that Zigzagoon and it began charging at me. I couldn’t help but smirk as I threw my Pokeball at it. “DUSCLOPS, GO!” I yelled, watching the Cyclops ghost take form in front of me. I don’t know how that pansy of a prof got such an awesome Pokemon like Dusclops, but I’m not complaining.

The battle was short. I guess you could say that Zigzagoon was in one hell of a… Bind. Okay, pun time over, The World’s Manliest Professor told me he wanted me to come to his lab so we could properly talk. I assumed he was just afraid another Zigzagoon would pop out.

So, we went back to his lab and he decided to give me the Dusclops because I’m totally amazing and he’s too much of a pansy to use it against a Zigzagoon. So, I named her Sye. As in Cy. You know, like Cyclops? Alright, I’m done explaining. So, Prof. Manly Man (He said his name was Birch, I really don’t care. You run from Zigzagoon, you get mocked) told me he wanted me to go talk to his daughter May. If I didn’t know better, I’d say he was trying to set me up with his daughter.

Regardless of his questionable intentions, I quickly ran out of town and through Oldale Town and up that route, too. I saw May in the distance when a Wild Pokemon worked up the nerve to challenge me. At first, all I saw was a blur of orange. And then it settled in front of me. Deoxys itself stood in front of me in all of its alien glory.

I’m not one to admit my own weakness, but, uh, I was kinda intimidated all of a sudden. I sent Sye out to battle, hoping for the best. And, apparently, the best was what I got because that Deoxys didn’t have a single move that could hurt Sye. So, a couple Night Shades later and we had defeated a legendary Pokemon. I now reserve the right to refer to Sye as Legendary Slayer and will do so whenever the situation calls for it.

Coming off of that totally amazing battle, I went up to May and she had the gall to challenge me after seeing Legendary Slayer Sye in action. She sent out a Torchic against my spectacularly awesome Dusclops and it went down! Sye is still undefeated! She said she wanted to go back to Littleroot. Probably because she was so in awe of my Sye she had to go cry to her dad to give her a better Pokemon. Like it would matter anyway.

So, we went back to Littleroot and talked to her dad. He gave us both Pokedexes and May gave me some Pokeballs that I really could have used against that Deoxys. Oh well. I’m sure I’ll find something else that’ll be even better.

So, with my newfound Pokeballs in my backpack and nestled next to the nugget I found on Sye I started to walk out of Littleroot town to start my totally amazing journey. And then my mom saw me and started to ramble again. To be honest, I zoned her out but, hey wait, did she just call Sye cute? No. Sye is not cute. She is the totally amazing Legendary Slayer. Not some cute little first form like May has. Whatever. Anyway, she gave me some Running Shoes, so, yeah, there’s that. I kicked off my old shoes and left them in the dust as I ran out of Littleroot Town, not ever planning on going back.

Alright, so I ran out of Littleroot expecting to see another totally epic Pokemon who wanted to battle Sye. You wanna know what I got instead? A Pikachu. Yep. Three regions worth of Pokemon waiting to battle me and a Pikachu has the nerve to challenge Sye. But, y’know, Pikachu can be pretty amazing, so I caught her and named her Lightning because I couldn’t think of anything else.

I pawned off that Nugget from earlier and bought about twenty-five Pokeballs, two Premier Balls, and spent the rest of my money on Potions before healing Sye and Lightning at the Pokemon Center and running to Route 103 to see if my luck on that route would kick in. And you know what? It did. A Pinsir leapt at me from the tall grass and I sent out Sye because she’s just that amazing. A couple Night Shades weakened Pinsir, but it still took 15 Pokeballs to catch that thing. It was a true warrior, a manly man. So, Manly Man the Pinsir joined my team.

So, my team was looking pretty amazing. Pretty damn amazing. The only thing was Lightning and Manly Man both needed some training, so yeah. I got Lightning to level 5 and Manly Man to level 6 before rushing out to Route 102 to battle some more pathetic trainers and see the other Pokemon there.

I decided to see what my Pokémon for this route would be and I was ecstatic to see Electrode! I, Poeseph Quincy Salazar, would have two Electric Types on my team! People would be devastated by my double Thunderboltin’ powah! I sent out Lightning, expecting to have a Thundershock war. I was… Shocked when Electrode used Sonic Boom and killed Lightning then and there.

I was devastated. I had just met that little Pikachu and, even though I had been reluctant to let her on my team, she had such potential. I clenched my fist in fury and stared down that Electrode and its arrogant grin. I sent Sye out, knowing that she would be able to avoid that destructive force known as Sonic Boom. Two Night Shades and one Pokeball later, Lightning2 had joined my team. I build a small burial mound for the fallen Lightning and started down the route, using Lightning2 to completely obliterate any trainer or Pokémon who decided they were worth my time.

I made it to Petalburg but I still felt kind of numb from losing Lightning. I decided maybe… Just maybe… Visiting Dad at his gym would make me feel better. So I walked through the sliding doors and, almost like he was expecting me, my dad was standing right there. We talked for a bit, he sounded kind of proud that I was a trainer now. I didn’t tell him about Lightning. I was just getting ready to leave when someone else walked into the gym. He and my dad talked about something, a first Pokemon or something, I was still kind of zoned out. Somehow, I got roped into taking this green haired kid named Wally to get his first Pokemon.

We walked to the patch of grass just outside Petalburg City and Wally saw a Ralts and knew he had to have it. He threw out the Zigzagoon that my dad lent him and the battle began. I thought that the little Ralts was just going to Teleport away, but it sat there, letting Zigzagoon Tackle it into submission and letting itself get caught. Who knows, maybe Wally has what it takes to be a great trainer.

Wally went back to the Petalburg Gym and gave Dad back his Zigzagoon. Maybe this is why Dad’s gym couldn’t be in Littleroot or Oldale town. That Zigzagoon filled Professor Manly with fear. The thought made me chuckle slightly as I walked out of Petalburg towards Route 104. But before I could even see the sea, some weird guy started talking to me. He rambled for a bit, saying I must not have been an experienced trainer or something. I really wanted to punch him in the face, but I held myself back and started out to the route. Maybe catching a new Pokemon would really cheer me up.

Not expecting much, I wandered into the grass when I tripped over a turtle shell. I stood up and then got tackled by one angry Wartortle. “Water type, hmm? Sye, have fun!” I yelled, letting Sye’s tried and true Night Shades weaken that tortoise before I caught him. It took me awhile to think of a name befitting this angry little thing, so I just cobbled some random letters together and got Xiphera. It sounds manly enough for him.

I have to admit, catching Xiph did actually cheer me up. I don’t know, he brought a certain bit of life to my team that I needed. And, between him, Sye, and Manly Man, everything was fearful of me. A few more trainers challenged me and a couple Pokemon thought they were strong enough to battle my team and I. Let it be said that I still have not had to build a second burial mound.

After some leveling, I decided to go on into the Petalburg Woods. It had a rather spooky air to it, but I didn’t care. I ventured into the tall grass and was instantly greeted by a Xatu. Its Leer and Peck combo was no match for Sye’s Disable and, before long, I Wingman the Xatu joined my team. ‘Cause every guy needs a good Wingman.

I made it through the woods with no problems at all. Wingman Pecked all of the bug trainers to death, so they were no issue. The only thing that was even the slightest bit of trouble to my team was some random grunt from a two-bit organization called Team Aqua, but his when his Poochyena met Lightning2, it was sent running away with its tail between its legs with a couple Sonic Booms. I think all the noise scared away the rest of the Pokemon, because I didn’t see anything else through the rest of the woods.

My team was only missing one more slot to be full and, lucky for me, I saw a little patch of grass behind that berry place right outside of the forest. So, I ran through the grass, expecting to see another amazingly awesome fully evolved Pokemon waiting for the embrace of my Pokeball. What I got, however, was slightly on the cuter side. It was a little Togepi, squeaking at me and telling me to get off of its turf. My translation of “Toge pi pi toge” could be off, but, this little guy seemed like a fighter, so I caught him and named him Spike ‘cause, hey, he’s got a spiky head. And, with that, my team was full. Of course, it would have been full with Wingman if Lightning2 hadn’t killed Lightning, but no need to bring back those memories.

Manly Man and Sye made quick work of the trainers along this route and I even used that idiot with the Magikarps to train Spike some. Little guy needs a lot more training, though. That can wait, because, I’m in Rustboro City! And, hey hey hey, there’s a gym over there! After reading the sign, I saw the gym was Rock Type. I nearly died laughing because I knew my little turtle buddy would be more than happy to hit all of those Rock-Types hard. He handled the trainers well enough, but I decided to train a bit more before battling Roxanne herself. So, I walked back out and headed out onto Route 116. I checked out the grass for the next addition to my growing army of Super ‘Mons and a Ninetales leapt out at me.

I’m not going to lie to you all, I knew I had to have this one. No doubt in my mind. So, with Sye and Lightning2 working together with Static, Disable, and bind and using a lot of Pokeballs that I had just bought, I managed to catch Sunshine the Ninetales and sent her to my box to await future battles.

Here’s two more lessons I learned on Route 116. Regice loved to explode and Xiphera can take an explosion. Sye loves to watch them explode, though. She just phases through them and watches the little bits of ice sparkle in the air. Anyway, with Xiphera at level 15, I decided he could take on Roxanne.

And I’ll be damned if I wasn’t right. Xiphera sent both of her Geodudes packing with one Water Gun and would have sent Nosepass away if not for her potions. I will say this. That was one sturdy Nosepass. It withstood two critical Water Guns before Roxanne ran out of potions and Xiphera won the fight without taking a single hit.

I guess you could say Xiphera left Roxanne and her team… All washed up.

Okay, ignore that pun. Anyway, Roxanne gave me the Stone Badge and I put it in my Badge Case before going to the Pokemon Center and deciding to sleep for the night. Today had been one thing after another and my team and I need our rest so we can handle the next trials.

Chapter Two: A Pitch-Black Gym and Cave Exploration

One badge down and seven to go! I walked out of the Pokemon Center the next morning with my Pokemon fully healed and ready to go. I didn’t know what was in store for the day, but I knew my team would be able to handle anything.

I was just about to walk out of Rustboro when I heard some noise coming from the northern exit of the city. Was that Zigzagoon-fearing Professor here in Rustboro? Oh, hey, nope. Just the guy who was getting harassed by that pathetic Team Aqua Grunt yelling about goods or something.

And, as has been happening all too often since my coming to Hoenn, I was told to go get the goods or whatever back from that same Grunt. This guy wouldn’t have lasted a minute back in Johto.

I rushed down the route and past the old man yelling about his Peeko, whatever that is. I walked into the Rusturf Tunnel and looked around. I saw the Team Aqua guy standing not far from me, but I decided to see what Pokemon was here in the tunnel. Don’t know how or why it was there, but for whatever reason a Lanturn challenged me. I’m not entirely sure why I’m attracting all these Electric Types, but, anyway, thanks to Manly Man’s awesome Vice Grips, Lucian the Lanturn joined my team and was sent to the box to keep Sunshine the Ninetales company.

With that taken care of, I walked towards the Grunt and he backed away. He must remember the thrashing Lightning2 gave him yesterday. Well, if he forgot, he’ll remember now because Lightning2 thrashed him again. Sonic Boom is just destroying all the opposition.

The old man rushed in and introduced himself as Mr. Briney and took away the Wingull the Grunt had Pokenapped. I can only assume that was Peeko. Before he left, though, he told me to go talk to him if I ever needed a ride to Dewford Town. I’ve got a funny feeling I’ll be needed to go to Dewford Town soon.

I took that package or goods or whatever back to that guy and he gave me another Great Ball. You know, I’ve had better luck with the Pokeballs so far, so I’ll probably not be using this thing for a while. Crappy gift aside, the guy also wanted me to talk to the president of his company.

To sum up a bunch of boring details, the president gave me this thing called a PokeNav that I have no intention of using much, I have to deliver something to a guy named Steven in Dewford, and that package I just got back to the shipyard in Slateport. I’m a Pokemon Trainer, not a delivery boy. They’re just lucky those places are on my way.

Side note, I said I’d be needing to go to Dewford soon! I was right! HA!

Before leaving Rustboro, I stopped by the Cutter’s House (For the record, I bet that Cutter is not his actual name) and he gave me the HM for Cut. As if Manly Man needed anything to make him stronger, now his awesome pincers can Vice Grip and Cut stuff! With that done, I decided to head on to Dewford. That Briney guy said he was outside Petalburg, so, I made a mad dash threw the Petalburg Woods and barged into his house. I love barging into people’s houses. So much fun. Anyway, Mr. Briney was chasing Peeko around and around a table. Why is it that when I randomly barge into someone’s house something awkward happens?

Awkward Pokemon chasing aside, I got Briney to give me a ride down to Dewford Town on his tiny ship. Dad called me on the way down. Apparently, Dad knows the president of Devon Corp and Mr. President Guy had to tell Dad I got a PokeNav. So now Dad is stalking me. Joyous.

We touched down on the small island that is Dewford Town and I immediately spoke to the nearest fisherman to try and get a read on the Pokemon around here. I got a crappy Old Rod instead. People are disappointing sometimes.

With my new Old Rod in hand, I decided to do some exploring around the island and I saw a totally awesome cave at the very north of the island! That’s what I’m talking about! Caves attract totally awesome Pokemon! I charged into the cave and nearly ran into a hiker. I asked for awesome Pokemon, not creepy cave people. The Hiker gave me the HM for Flash but told me I needed the badge from Dewford Gym to use it. So, apparently, until I get a badge, my Pokemon won’t be smart enough to make bright lights outside of battle. How dare this cave-dwelling weirdo tell me that my Pokemon are non-light making idiots!

Whatever, just… Whatever. I looked around a bit for a Pokemon and found a little Ralts waiting for me to catch it. I guess I was wrong about not using that Great Ball ‘cause it caught her with no problems. And with that, Spirit the Ralts went to join Sunshine and Lucian in the box.

Well, since I apparently have to get the badge from the gym to use Flash properly, I walked out of the cave and back down to the gym. I walked into the gym and, um, I can’t really tell you what it looked like. Apparently Brawly forgot to pay the power bill or something because all the light they had was a little spotlight trained directly on me.

“I’ll not let a lack of light hinder my progress through this maze!” I exclaimed, grinning. “I’m Poeseph Quincy Salazar and I will defeat you, Brawly!”

I started to charge blindly through the maze, hitting more than a couple walls face first. Bloody nose aside, Sye and I dominated in the gym, defeating every trainer that hid in the shadows. As each trainer fell, more and more light shone around me. Eventually I got to Brawly and our battle began.

I sent Sye out against his Machop and, despite Brawly using a Super Potion, after a few Night Shades, Machop fell. I saw Sye’s eye flash a bit in anticipation as Brawly’s Meditite came out to play. It took the rest of Sye’s Night Shades to defeat her because of her Detect move. The final Pokemon Brawly sent out was a Makuhita. It took several Detects, Leers, and Binds to defeat Makuhita because it continually used Bulk Up to increase its defense. But, in the end, Sye came out victorious and Brawly gave me the Knuckle Badge, the TM for Bulk Up (No plans on using that), and the right to use Flash.

Guess which one made me happiest.

Now that Lightning2 could use Flash, I dashed back into the cave and ran down to the lowest floor, dodging Electrodes, Nidokings, Cacturnes, a Porygon2, and even a Wailord that had no business being there. I followed the path to a small closed area and saw someone standing there, examining the rocks. He turned around and introduced himself as Steven. So this guy is Steven? The Steven? I handed him the letter without saying much. I guess he could tell I was tired from that gym and wasn’t in the mood for a conversation.

He read the letter quickly and handed me the TM for Steel Wing before walking off. Steel Wing, eh? I might be able to find a use for that. For now, I used an Escape Rope I found earlier to get out of the cave. I had one last thing to do before going to the Pokemon Center for the night.

It was time to test out my Old Rod. I ran to the beach and cast the line out into the sea. The first time was a bust, but the second time, I apparently saved a drowning Houndoom who thanked me for saving it by attacking me. Spike’s Metronome Leech Seeded the thing and, soon enough, Rawr the Houndoom was sent to the box. I intend to begin his training in the morning. But, that’s enough for the day. I yawned as I got a room in the Pokemon Center and I was asleep in the bed in minutes. Tomorrow was going to be fun, I knew it.

Poe said he might add some screen shots once he finishes his run. At least I think he mentioned it.....Regardless, it's fun to read. Especially when you're sorta a part of the story, at least until Xiph the Wartortle dies.

Just thought I'd give a SLIGHT update seeing as it doesn't look like the next chapter will be ready until late tomorrow.because of grinding. I beat May a bit earlier, had a slight scare but no losses. And Miku, I will have a couple screenshots to put up after this is done. Anyway thanks everyone for your support and I'll get that next chapter up hopefully tomorrow or the day after at the latest.

• 2 weeks later...

So, this chapter took a little longer than I had hoped. You can all thank Skyrim for that. Really need to take a break from that game. Anyway, sorry for keeping you all waiting. Here it is, chapter three of an unfortunate trainer’s journey across Hoenn.

Chapter Three: Spiritual Encounters of the Third (Gym) Kind

The very next morning, I immediately got Rawr out of the PC and put Spike in instead. My team instantly felt more amazing just by having Rawr with me, but he still needed training. I’d take care of that outside of Slateport, though. I made sure I still had the package from the Devon Corp and walked outside to tell Mr. Briney I was ready to leave. The old man readied his ship and, before I knew it, we were off to Slateport!

We docked on the beach and I stumbled off of the boat. I love sea travel, but, uh, I haven’t quite gotten my sea legs yet. So, I wobbled up the beach, battling a couple trainers to help Rawr get stronger. Soon enough, we got up into the city itself.

Slateport was like nothing I’d seen here in Hoenn. It was, by far, the largest city I’d seen so far. It had a huge open air bazaar (Which I have no intention of going to, Bazaars only have bizarre stuff.), a couple rather important looking buildings (One of which had a line of Team Aqua people lined up outside it, and a weird looking tent at the very back of town (Which I have every intent of checking out later).

I did try to go and mess with those Aqua idiots, but, apparently they didn’t care about me. So, I officially rank below ocean museums on the Aqua Priority List. Whatever… Just… Just… What-freaking-ever. I am so going to have to be a much larger thorn in their side for this.

So, with that annoyance behind me, I walked towards what I could only assume could be the shipyard and dropped the package on the desk of the closest guy. There. Poeseph Quincy Salazar’s Delivery Service is hereby- Did that guy just go and ask me to find someone? Oh, hey, this guy is in that museum! I get to take out some rage on those Aqua idiots.

I ran back to the museum so quickly I swore that I was leaving a dust cloud. I charged into the museum and was immediately asked to pay admission. Since when do I have to pay money to hand someone’s butt to them on a silver platter? Here I thought Slateport was gonna be awesome. No. I’ve been ignored by my mortal enemies and had to pay to beat them up. People are supposed to be paying me for getting rid of these punks, not me paying them.

I reluctantly gave the lady the admission fee and then walked around the museum. I was expecting battle after battle, not a bunch of supposed criminals just standing about looking at boring exhibits. I did see a familiar face in the crowd, though. You know the guy who I battled in the Petalburg Woods and Rusturf Tunnels? Yeah, he was here, too. So, figuring maybe he’d want his team whupped again, I walked towards him.

He instantly looked like he was staring at the Grim Reaper. He started to plead for his life and even gave me a TM for not killing him. As he ran for his life, I walked upstairs, figuring that captain guy had to be up there.

And there he was, standing behind a desk. I walked over to him and gave him the package, but not before two Aqua grunts burst upstairs. They started saying empty threats about how they wanted that package and how it’d be best for us to just give it to them. Blah blah blah.

I beat them so badly their mothers felt it.

Alright, with all of this delivery service stuff done, I decided to finally relax around Slateport. I spent a couple hours just relaxing on the beach with Rawr, Xiphera, and Sye and tried to do some fishing, but there wasn’t much luck there so I went back into the city and healed up my Pokemon before going to check out that weird looking tent.

The man behind the counter told me that it was called the Battle Tent and that different rules applied there. In this particular battle tent the rules were called Random Battle. I’d have to choose random Pokemon, battle, and if I won, I could swap one out for a member of the losing team.

This was so up my alley, do I even need to say how badly I crushed everyone? I only had to swap once. I was laughing all the way to the Pokemart. I bought a couple Pokeballs and then went on my merry way out of Slateport. I decided to walk through the grass to see what Pokemon would be waiting for me there.

I was sort of shocked when my foot connected with something that was evidently quite hollow. I was even more shocked when said hollow thing started to rise up and looked me in the eyes. A Shedinja was staring at me… Well, to be fair, Shedinja stare at everything. I don’t think they can blink. Regardless, I knew I had to catch it. It was going to be tricky because I’ve heard that if Shedinja take the slightest amount of damage, they die. So, I ended up just lobbing about five Pokeballs at it before it finally let itself be caught. And, thus, Hollow the Shedinja joined me. I made a quick run back to Slateport and switched out Wingman for Hollow.

So, after doing some training in the patch of grass Hollow was in, I decided to head on to the next city but- HEY! Random house! Gotta go check that out!

I barged into the house by kicking the door in and… No one was home. Weird. I felt like I was being watched, though. I looked around the house and eventually kicked beneath the table out of curiosity and someone grunted. I jumped back as the guy randomly appeared. Damn it all, why is this region filled with weirdoes!?

Alright, so Mr. Hides Under Tables introduced himself as the Trick Master and challenged me to find him in his maze. You know what? You know what? Challenge. Freaking. Accepted. I refuse to lose to a weirdo who hides under his table waiting for passersby.

I walked through the door his scroll hid and into the maze. There were some trees planted throughout the maze, but Manly Man’s Cut handled them quickly. A couple trainers were scattered about and I defeated them quickly. It only took me five minutes to navigate the maze. This Trick Master guy really needs to step up his game. He promised to have a better challenge for me next time, but I doubt that it will be much harder than this one. So, with that handled, I started down the path to the next city.

And, as if today hadn’t been annoying enough, there was May, right there in my path to the next city. The bicycle road was right above me, why couldn’t there have been a shop in Slateport that sold bicycles so I could just totally ignore her. I walked towards her and ignored everything she was saying. Can you blame me? She rambles like her father. Before I knew it, she was reaching for a Pokeball. Out of instinct, I sent Sye out and, between her, Xiphera, and Lightning2 her team fell. She may have been higher leveled, but I have a bond with my team that she’ll never have. I ignored what she said afterwards and then started back on my way.

C’mon, day, give me a break. I just want to get this badge and relax with my team.

So, the path had a couple more trainers and wild Pokemon, but they ended up to be training fodder for Hollow and Manly Man. Before I knew it, I had made it to Mauville City. It was a simple sort of city, but there was this really cool building that had all kinds of flashing lights. Hold it, Poe… Hold it. Gym first, awesome stuff second. So, first, I decided to explore around Mauville to see what all there was around town.

Know what I found first? A bike shop. Couldn’t have bought an area in Slateport? No, apparently this Rydel guy HAD to set up shop over here. What is this, annoyance number five of the day? Today just isn’t going to be my day, I can feel it. So, I went into Rydel’s shop and he just flat out gave me this thing called a Mach Bike. That thing sounds like it could get some massive speed. Maybe next time I see May I can just ride past her and ignore her.

So, with my new bike safely folded in my pack, I decided to go and do some exploring outside of Mauville. I know I said I was eager to get to the gym, but my team needs a bit more training and, to be honest, I felt like it was time for my luck to change with the Pokemon I’ve been finding.

So, I walked past the gym and past Wally who was staring wistfully into the gym and onto Route 117. The route was filled with trainers and I could just see that Hollow was going to get tons of training here. Trainer after trainer fell to my team. I was on the last trainer of the Route and they were almost out of Pokemon when they threw out a Whismur.

Laughing, I left Hollow in, figuring the little thing would just use Uproar. When it used Astonish, I think I saw shock on Hollow’s almost always emotionless face. Despite its best efforts, Hollow couldn’t dodge and was hit by the attack, falling to the ground dead.

I was shocked, I was flabbergasted, I was… Shall I say it? Astonished. Hollow, right there in front of me, dead on the ground. At the hands of a Whismur. A Whismur! Those things look about as pansyish as a Cleffa! At least Lightning2 managed to avenge his fallen teammate. I carried Hollow back to where I found him and buried him there. He had such promise… And his dreams were crushed by a pink ball of pansiness.

So, I went back to 117 to see what Pokemon would be attempting to replace Hollow on my team. I walked through the grass just outside the city and, lo and behold, there was a little Corphish. Now, I know that the little guy won’t be much use against Wattson, but hey, for all I know, there could be a Fire gym later and I do know that Water types trounce Fire types. Plus, the little thing kinda reminded me of a Kingler who was on my team as I journeyed across Kanto.

It took a little effort from Sye to weaken him and soon enough Karnage the Corphish was sitting happily in my box. He won’t be helping me much right now, but I’ve got a feeling that he’ll become a key member of my team later on in my journey. But, you know, I’ve got two things left to do before I take on Wattson. Find a decent replacement for Hollow for my battle against Wattson and catch one more Pokemon because I saw an ocean not far off Mauville and I’ve had amazing luck with what I find in water. Don’t believe me? Rawr wants a word with you.

I dashed back towards the ocean and cast my fishing rod into the azure depths. It was only a matter of seconds before the water started to froth up and something pulled on the line. Using all of my might I pulled it out of the water. At first, I saw a bit of grey. Alright… Don’t know many grey Pokemon that hang out in the water. I kept pulling and a wing shot out of the water. Grey with wings… What is this- OH MY GOD, IT’S AN AERODACTYL!

Pardon. I’ve got a bit of a weakness for the Fossil Pokemon. I don’t know if it’s the rarity of them, the sheer badassery that they represent, or just the fact that they are just about as stubborn as I am, but these guys have to be among my favorite Pokemon. And, it may have taken most of my Poke Balls, but Stone Wing the Aerodactyl was eventually sent to the box.

Alright, just took a bit of stock and realized that BOTH Pokemon I caught here are almost devastatingly weak to Electric types, which is not good at all. So, I headed back to the Pokemon Center and looked through my reserves. First things first, I put Xiphera in the box. I don’t need to lose that little guy. Secondly I got Spirit the Ralts and Spike the Togepi out and, after a bit of training, we walked into the Mauville Gym proudly.

I wish I could say Spirit and Spike clenched it for me. I wish I could say they saw battle at all. In all honesty, Wattson was defeated by everyone on my team EXCEPT Spirit and Spike. Yeah… ANYWAY! I obtained the DYNAMO BADGE!

So, with what has been my most annoying day yet in Hoenn behind me, I headed to the Pokemon Center and got a room. Whatever that really cool building was, I’ll check it out tomorrow. I’m tired of testing my luck today.

(And, because I assume you are all curious as to how my team is going so far, I’ll give you a quick little update.

My current Team: Manly Man the Pinsir level 19, Sye the Dusclops level 19, Spirit the Ralts level 12, Rawr the Houndoom level 20, Spike the Togepi level 14, and Lightning2 the Electrode level 19.

In the Box: Sunshine the Ninetales level 6, Lucian the Lanturn level 7 (In all honesty, don’t expect to see much from Sunshine and Lucian.), Xiphera the Wartortle level 18, Wingman the Xatu level 13, Karnage the Corphish level 13, and Skull Wing the Aerodactyl level 10.

Dead: Lightning the Pikachu level5, Hollow the Shedinja level 15.

So, with that pattern on the Dead, I’m fearing chapter 5 or a Pokemon getting to level 25. Anyway, here’s hoping I don’t procrastinate so much on the next chapter.)

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter Four: Heated Battles in Lavaridge City

First thing when I woke up in the morning, I hurried to the PC and got Karnage, Skull Wing, and Xiphera back out of the PC, putting Spike, Spirit, and Manly Man in their place. I hated leaving Manly Man behind, but I felt like he deserved a nice rest after all he’d done so far.

So, first thing on my To Do List of the day was to check out that cool looking building near the gym. I rushed over to it and, apparently, it was a Casino. I was wondering if Hoenn’d have a place like this. I remember the Casino in Celadon City back in Kanto, but this one seemed… Different, I guess. Wasn’t just slot machines and showed no sign of having a base for an evil organization below it.

So, figuring I’d need a coin case, I asked around the casino and found out a woman in Mauville was wanting to get rid of her coin case. One quick run later, I was getting some coins from the lady behind the desk.

I’m not going to bother with all the details of the casino. But, fun fact, I was in there for about three hours and left with the exact same amount of coins. Just my luck, eh? Oh well, not like they had an Eevee or Porygon for sale.

So, after wasting all that time in the casino, I decided it was time to get back to training. Skull Wing and Karnage needed a lot of work before they’d be considered up to par. We spent the next few hours training before heading north out of Mauville. Five steps out, some guy was complaining about the Winstrate Family kicking his ass.

Sounds like they might be able to be a challenge for my team.

So, I walked up to them and challenged them. I beat the dad, I beat the mom, I beat the daughter, I even beat the old lady. So, I was wrong. They weren’t a challenge for my team. Skull Wing dominated them. Gotta love those Fossil Pokemon. Oh, so, then they invited me inside. Um, this may be where this story ends. They might just shoot me the moment the door is closed.

Oh, or they could give me a Macho Brace that I’ll never use and tell me about their son, who is supposedly so amazing he should already be the E4 champion. All I know is, if their son is anywhere near their skill level and he’s the champ, I’m going to have an easier time here in Hoenn that I thought.

Well, with the Losestrate (see what I did there? Ha. Puns.) family behind me, I continued up the path when a camera crew spotted me. I don’t blame them. I am one handsome fellow. Suddenly, I’ve been challenged to a battle and they threw out a Whismur.

Let it be known that I, Poeseph Quincy Salazar, hereby declare war on all Whismur and their entire evolutionary line. Skull Wing and Karnage felt my rage and took first blood in this war against the sound-based Normal-type Pokemon. After I beat the rest of their team, they started pestering me to say something for the camera.

Seeing as this would probably televised, I couldn’t just flip them off and be on my merry way. My parents watch television. The last thing I need is my Dad to have seen me be a jackass to a camera crew and bust out his truly amazing Pokemon for our Gym Battle. Trust me, my dad has a lot stronger Pokemon than he lets on. So, I just gave them a bit of silence, they pretty much fangirled, and then I just walked off.

Then I saw a bunch of rocks in my path, sighed, and walked back to Mauville to try and find a hint as to where I could find Rock Smash. Imagine my surprise when someone flat out gave me the HM. That pile of rocks didn’t stand a chance when Skull Wing used his… Well… Skull to smash them.

First thing I saw on the other side of the rock pile was a desert. Now, I’ve never really been through a desert before, but that wasn’t gonna stop me from charging straight through the sand on my way to the next badge.

The sandstorm that pretty much threw me out of the desert, did, in fact stop me. Jackass weather.

Well, seeing as I couldn’t go through the desert, I walked down the route and onto Route 112. I saw some grass and decided to see what awaited me. My first step into the grass, a Tyrouge punched me in the shin. Once the pain subsided, I stared at the little thing. It was ready for a fight and I was gonna give it to him.

I sent out Xiphera to fight him and what I fight it was. Xiphera kept trying to stay back and fire off Water Guns, but that little Tyrouge just wouldn’t let him get away. It actually reminded me of a Tyrouge I caught back in Johto that became a Hitmontop. Tenacious and can really take a hit. Speaking of tenacity, once Xiphera had weakened him, he wouldn’t stay in any Pokeball that I threw. I easily went through twenty trying to catch him. But, after I did, I named him ChanLeeTop so he’d be properly named no matter what he became.

I kept walking along the path, almost losing Karnage to a Geodude but the little guy pulled through. How embarrassing would that be? A Water-Type losing to a Geodude? I walked up a set of stairs and onto a rocky area. There were random idiots wearing red hoodies blocking off the entrance to the lift I’d have to take to get to the next gym.

Apparently, they were goons of a team named Team Magma and they weren’t going anywhere until they got some meteorite or something. So, so far I’ve met Team Aqua and Team Magma… Is there going to be a third team called Team Aero or something? I mean, damn.

Well, I saw a second path that’d lead me past the Magma Goons, but I doubt it’d take me to Lavaridge. It was a cave of sorts that a sign outside told me was called the Fiery Path. Sounds like the perfect place to train Karnage.

So, I started to walk through the Fiery Path and the first Pokemon I saw was a Murkrow. A damn Murkrow. I know a lot of people might like Murkrow, but I was attacked by a flock of them back in Johto. I still have the scar on my back.

I didn’t even bother with trying to catch it. I sent Skull Wing and after a minute walked off with my Aerodactyl buddy who didn’t get a single scratch during the fight.

So, hey, anyone wanna take a wild guess as to what the next Pokemon I found was? Go on, I’ll wait.

Got your guess in your head? Good. Chances are, you’re wrong, because it was a Suicune. I have the worst luck with when I find a Legend, I really do. First a Deoxys before my journey even started, now Suicune after I just konked out that Murkrow. So, with a heavy heart, I had my team defeat my second favorite of the Legendary Beasts. Entei is my favorite if anyone was curious.

So, I kept walking through the Firey Path, but I am considering changing the name to the Watery Path. Because not only did I see Suicune here, I saw Clamperl, Poliwrath, and Gyarados. All would have been highly preferable to that Murkrow! Urgh, those things are still making my life difficult.

Regardless, I walked out of the Fiery Path and continued on my way. On my way up the route, I saw a random house. Random houses usually have amazing stuff in them, so I had to check it out.

I walked in and talked to the old lady in there. She offered to let me rest there, but, I figured I’d rather take my chances than sleep in a house with a creepy old lady, so I just walked right back out and headed down the next route.

As it happens, Route 113 was coated with soot. I spent my entire time trekking down the route coughing loudly as the stuff found its way into my lungs. There was no way living near here was healthy for anyone. As I stumbled through the grass, my coughing must have made a Scyther mad at me, because one jumped out of the grass and tried to cut me in two.

It actually did manage to cut me, but it didn’t seem too bad. I sent out Karnage to fight the Scyther and he put up an amazing fight before weakening her enough where I could catch her. I named her MissReaper because she was almost my Grim Reaper and sent her to the box. Her and Manly Man should get along well.

I kept wandering through the route, stopping by a house with people coughing worse than me to get a break from the soot. One of them even gave me a Soot Sack so I could collect it and bring it back to him so he could make me stuff. I thanked him and then made a mad dash to the town.

I stopped by the Pokemon Center before continuing my dash down the path. I spent a bit of time fishing and actually found a Lotad that didn’t put up much of a fight before I caught it. I named the little guy Loco-Colo before sending him to the box and running down the route again.

Something exciting was about to happen, I could sense it. I ran down the route, beating any trainer who challenged me and ran into an area called Meteor Falls. Now, part of me was excited because those idiots wanted a meteorite and this seemed like the place to look. The other part of me was shaking in terror because there was a Groudon just staring at me as I walked in.

I had done some studying as to the Pokemon of Hoenn before I came here… And, uh, Groudon is supposed to be the Legendary Pokemon that created land. And it was going to be mine.

Turns out, this thing only knew Body Slam, so Sye was the perfect choice. Sye used Night Shade to weaken it, but soon its health was so low I had to be able to catch the thing. So I started to throw every Pokeball I had in my bag. Eventually, it just struggled itself into death.

Technically, this was the second Legend Sye killed. Also, technically, I was depressed because that would have been one amazing Pokemon to have on my team. I walked farther into Meteor Falls and saw Magma Grunts running off with a meteorite. So, apparently, if I had just waited a little bit longer back at Mt. Chimney, I could have just gone up the damn mountain.

I started to run back to Mt. Chimney, ignoring anyone who was in my way, and rode up on the cable car. When I got to the top, Aqua and Magma grunts were fighting each other. Archie alone was taking on three of them. I figured the least I could do was help so I headed on up and talked to the guy who looked like he should be the boss of Magma. He started a monologue about how he wanted to expand the earth and how he’d use the lava in Mt. Chimney to do that.

Eventually, he introduced himself as Maxie and challenged me. Karnage and Xiphera almost gave their lived during the battle, but thankfully we won the battle without any casualties.

Maxie talked more and then he and all the Magma Grunts left. Archie thanked me for my help and walked off as well. I decided to be a bit of a troll and take the meteorite with me because Maxie forgot it.

I healed my team with some Super Potions and then headed down the Jagged Pass to Lavaridge town. While I was walking down the pass, I found a Doduo who was falling all over itself. I guess its heads were disagreeing. I caught the thing and named it Trip out of pity.

After that, I walked into the lovely and small Lavaridge town. It even had an amazing hot spring that I spent a good hour relaxing in. After that, I healed my team and bought some Super Potions and Great Balls before charging into the Lavaridge Gym.

First things first, let me just tell you it was sweltering hot in that gym. It was hotter than the hot springs. I stumbled through it, barely able to focus through the heat. I don’t even know how I found Flannery, but I did and our battle commenced.

There were several close calls, more than I would have liked, but soon I walked out of Lavaridge Gym victorious and without a single casualty. As I walked out of the gym, May walked out of that weird organic food store and gave me these things called Go-Goggles that were supposed to let me navigate the desert. I almost hugged her. Almost.

I was on my way to the Pokemon Center for the night but an old lady near the hot spring called me over to her. She said she had a Pokemon Egg that she had been trying to hatch but was having no luck and asked me to take care of it for her. Being the kind person that I am, I took the egg from her and then walked into the Pokemon Center.

As I lay on my bed, I couldn’t help but think that my journey was now entering a different stage. I wasn’t new to Hoenn anymore, my team was taken shape, I was making bonds with my all new team. These four gyms that I’ve already been through, they were the easy part of this journey. I just entered the hard part and I couldn’t be more excited.

(Alright, like last time, I’m going to give you guys a heads-up on my current team and what not. So, with no further ado:

My team: Karnage the Corphish level 25, Xiphera the Wartortle level 24, Rawr the Houndoom level 22, Sye the Dusclops level 21, Skull Wing the Aerodactyl level 22, Egg.

Note about the egg, I know in the actual game it hatches into a Wynaut, but that wouldn’t be in the spirit of the Randomlocke, so here is my rule regarding it. If it is a Wynaut, I’ll box it and never use it. If it is not, well, we’ll see what it is, then.

In the box: Sunshine the Ninetales level 6, Lucian the Lanturn level 7. Spirit the Ralts level 12, Wingman the Xatu level 13, Manly Man the Pinsir level 19, Spike the Togepi level 14, Lightning2 the Electrode level 22, MissReaper the Scyther level 16, Loco-Colo the Lotad level 8, Trip the Doduo level 22, Chanleetop the Tyrouge level 16.

Dead: Lightning the Pikachu level 5, Hollow the Shedinja level 15.

So, no deaths in this chapter, thank Arceus. But, I’ve still got 4 gyms left and the E-4 and with my luck the way it has been… Someone may be joining Hollow and Lightning. I hope not, though. Anyway, see you all next chapter.)

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, everyone, I've got a bit of good news and a bit of bad news.

The good news? I have a new keyboard and can actually type again!

The bad news? Due to a bit of an issue on my computer, I lost the save data to all of my GBA roms. That includes my randomlocke. So, yeah, as of today, my randomlocke is dead. Sorry, everyone. I really am.

Start a new nuzlocke? Maybe a Heartgold or SoulSilver one, I heard they have a randomizer for those games. Not entirely sure. Your story telling is amazing, plus I loved reading this. >>

• 2 months later...