Finally bit the bullet, part 2 haha

NatJones

So, I posted a while back, about seeking some much needed help.

Still awaiting the CBT, and had some devastating news over Christmas. My Grandad, one of the most important men in my life, my rock, my lodestar, has around 4 months left to live. This news has made me re-think a lot of things.

Despite being so very poorly, he is still bearing up. Still plasters a smile on his lovely face, still manages to smile despite everything. He is my inspiration, if he can manage to do all of this despite everything, then I'm pretty sure I can.

Just needed to get it all off my chest, and the lovely members on these forums are so amazingly supportive, so thank you all.

I'm sorry to read your grandad isn't well. I've had to say goodbye to 2 of my grandparents in 2014. It's a nasty part of life. I wish your grandad to pass away as peacefully and without pain as possible, surrounded by his loved ones, when the time comes. And I wish you strength and courage through all of this. He's part of what made you the person you are today, so the best thing you can do for him, now and in the future, is doing him justice by being a great mom, friend and human being for all those who matter to you.

It's only natural to be supportive and present for each other when someone needs to get something off their chest. Keep cool and carry on, Nat. As long as your grandad is proud of you, you're definitely doing it right.