Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Shards Shortage

Aloha

Question

So I'm looking to buy ability capsules and the price is really high both in agate and 7th street (5 shards). I read somewhere that the number should reset after a day, but that's not happening. 

I have a lot of money though, and I think I remember there was a guy in agate who sold them at 10.000.. Or did he bought them at 10.000? I don't remember but, either way, I can't find him.. Any help? am I mistaken?

Edited by Aloha

5 answers to this question

Shards are pretty common...Theres a clown (Indra?) who will give you one each time you beat him in agate circus, they can be found mining rocks, and they are one of the most common hidden items in caves and dive spots...

Edited by Strider

8 minutes ago, Aloha said:

So I'm looking to buy ability capsules and the price is really high both in agate and 7th street (5 shards). I read somewhere that the number should reset after a day, but that's not happening. 

I have a lot of money though, and I think I remember there was a guy in agate who sold them at 10.000.. Or did he bought them at 10.000? I don't remember but, either way, I can't find him.. Any help? am I mistaken?

I just checked because i remember he was in Agate Circus near the Circus clown battler

but he's not there 

maybe he was removed in E16

but to get more shards, you could

1. Battle the clown in Agate for shards (might take a while since he gives a single random shard)

2. For ability capsules (i'm having trouble with these too) - make a pickup team of lvl 60+ (preferably 70+ to up chances) and go on pick up spree whenever you EV train

3. Or simply ask people who don't need them while they trade 

yeah it kinda sucks how the reset isn't working too, the price is ridiculously expensive for me too now :P 

On 27/12/2016 at 4:41 PM, Strider said:

Shards are pretty common...Theres a clown (Indra?) who will give you one each time you beat him in agate circus, they can be found mining rocks, and they are one of the most common hidden items in caves and dive spots...

Don't get me wrong; I have 16 blue, 11 purple, 7 red ones, etc., but I feel they will run out very quickly if everytime I need a capsule I have to give up 5 of them.. I just lost like 20 while training 2 pokemon.. 

Edited by Aloha

On 27/12/2016 at 4:46 PM, Nico_Robin said:

I just checked because i remember he was in Agate Circus near the Circus clown battler

but he's not there 

maybe he was removed in E16

but to get more shards, you could

1. Battle the clown in Agate for shards (might take a while since he gives a single random shard)

2. For ability capsules (i'm having trouble with these too) - make a pickup team of lvl 60+ (preferably 70+ to up chances) and go on pick up spree whenever you EV train

3. Or simply ask people who don't need them while they trade 

yeah it kinda sucks how the reset isn't working too, the price is ridiculously expensive for me too now :P 

Thanks! I just opened EP15, bought a los of shards and stocked like 8 capsules (ended up spending 50.000 for each though.. Ouch..)

On 27/12/2016 at 6:00 PM, Farnsworth said:

The amount of shards for an ability capsule should reset everyday. So if you change the date in your computer you should be able to buy a capsule for 2 green shards repeatedly. 

That's the problem, I change the date and the vendor still ask me for 5. weird.