Introducin/proposing the "Reborn Tri-Battle Stage"

Aloha

So, given the low traffic of the random matchups, I was thinking on creating a venue in which those of us who want to battle can maximize our battle oportunities.

I was thinking on a system of 3 battles per match (you have to win 2/3) and you have to switch out and replace at least 3 pokemon as you move to the next battle with your opponent. Once you switch out a pokemon for your seccond battle, you can't switch it back for the third one (In other words, you would need at least 12 pokemon to participate). 

We wold battle using our usernames (Not by using the random matchup option). It would look something like this...

• Step 1: Person A posts in the thread that he would like to battle

• Step 2: Person B responds IN THE THREAD so others know that the battle offer has been already taken by someone

• Step 3: They exchange usernames and coordinate through PM

• Step 4: They battle and someone wins

• Step 5: They go to their PCs and swap at least three pokemon

• Step 6: They let the other know they're ready through PM

• Step 7: They battle again

• Step 8: If the same person won both battles, the match is over and you have a winner, if not..

• Step 9: They go to their PCs and swap at least three pokemon

• Step 10: They let the other know they are ready through PM

• Step 11: They battle again and you have a winner

I like this idea because:

• It will allow us to battle more with the low traffic we're seeing
  • It will make the battles more interesting (Instead of battling the same people with the same team over and over again through random.. IF we are lucky enough to even find an opponent)
  • It will help us avoid rage quitters (Or be able to reach out and confirm a conection problem instead of thinking "This person just rage quitted on me")
  • It creates acountability since rage quitters can be called out for doing it (Just remember that some people live in countries with not so great conections and sometimes is not on purpose)
  • We will take more fun out of the troublesome process of finding someone to battle through the forums

What do you guys think?

PS: advice on changing the name for something less lame is always welcome

Edited by Aloha

Sounds good! I thought the reborn community rarely uses the online battle feature but it seems like we're both unlucky enough to find matches. My only concern is how would one know if someone ragequit? Will the game say my opponent got dc'd or a pop-up error message saying "remote host blah blah" will appear? Because the latter happened to while playing on a random matchup, didnt know if my opponent ragequitted, a bug or just an connectionm issue on my part. But nevertheless, this is a good idea.

Edited by Mr. Penglog

Just now, Mr. Penglog said:

Sounds good! I thought the reborn community rarely uses the online battle feature but it seems like we're both unlucky enough to find matches. My only concern is how would one know if someone ragequit? Will the game say my opponent got dc'd or a pop-up error message saying "remote host blah blah" will appear?

Since you would find your opponents through this thread and exchange usernames through PM, you will be able to ask him "Hey man, what happened?" I think that most rage quitters do so thanks to the protection the "anonimity" that random battles allow. I don't see someone active on the forums like you and me rage quitting and lying about the internet conection every time we're losing.. 

If you happen to find someone who does that, you can just stop accepting him or her as an opponent, or even confronting them in this thread. The truth is that there doesn't seem to be THAT MANY of us (given the low traffic of random matchups) so we might as well identify each other as serious players and take as much advantage as we can of the battles between us.

5 minutes ago, Aloha said:

Since you would find your opponents through this thread and exchange usernames through PM, you will be able to ask him "Hey man, what happened?" I think that most rage quitters do so thanks to the protection the "anonimity" that random battles allow. I don't see someone active on the forums like you and me rage quitting and lying about the internet conection every time we're losing.. 

If you happen to find someone who does that, you can just stop accepting him or her as an opponent, or even confronting them in this thread. The truth is that there doesn't seem to be THAT MANY of us (given the low traffic of random matchups) so we might as well identify each other as serious players and take as much advantage as we can of the battles between us.

Seems pretty solid to me. I'm up for this :)

Just now, PokeFailure said:

Sounds like a solid idea, I'd love to expand on this and say a Pokemon battle royale/tournament as well (8-16 trainers) winner gets a special prize. 

Sounds good!

Who knows what it might grow into. worst case scenario, we have a place to have interesting matches without spending a gazillion hours waiting for a potential random matchup, or spending 20 minutes looking for and coordinating with someone to get a 5 minute single battle haha. 

On 12/23/2016 at 10:37 AM, Aloha said:

So, given the low traffic of the random matchups, I was thinking on creating a venue in which those of us who want to battle can maximize our battle oportunities.

I was thinking on a system of 3 battles per match (you have to win 2/3) and you have to switch out and replace at least 3 pokemon as you move to the next battle with your opponent. Once you switch out a pokemon for your seccond battle, you can't switch it back for the third one (In other words, you would need at least 12 pokemon to participate). 

We wold battle using our usernames (Not by using the random matchup option). It would look something like this...

• Step 1: Person A posts in the thread that he would like to battle

• Step 2: Person B responds IN THE THREAD so others know that the battle offer has been already taken by someone

• Step 3: They exchange usernames and coordinate through PM

• Step 4: They battle and someone wins

• Step 5: They go to their PCs and swap at least three pokemon

• Step 6: They let the other know they're ready through PM

• Step 7: They battle again

• Step 8: If the same person won both battles, the match is over and you have a winner, if not..

• Step 9: They go to their PCs and swap at least three pokemon

• Step 10: They let the other know they are ready through PM

• Step 11: They battle again and you have a winner

I like this idea because:

• It will allow us to battle more with the low traffic we're seeing
  • It will make the battles more interesting (Instead of battling the same people with the same team over and over again through random.. IF we are lucky enough to even find an opponent)
  • It will help us avoid rage quitters (Or be able to reach out and confirm a conection problem instead of thinking "This person just rage quitted on me")
  • It creates acountability since rage quitters can be called out for doing it (Just remember that some people live in countries with not so great conections and sometimes is not on purpose)
  • We will take more fun out of the troublesome process of finding someone to battle through the forums

What do you guys think?

PS: advice on changing the name for something less lame is always welcome

When can we start this? Too much time waiting only to find ragequitters. Dont know his/her forum name so cant ask what happened.

capture011.pngcapture012.png

11 hours ago, Mr. Penglog said:

When can we start this? Too much time waiting only to find ragequitters. Dont know his/her forum name so cant ask what happened.

capture011.pngcapture012.png

Hello!

I haven't been around alot because of the holidays, but we can start whenever we want; it's a matter of requesting a match and someone accepting. I'll be a little busy until tomorrow and I think people in the forums are in the same situation. (I have a lot of trades on hold and waiting for the response of other members, for example).

I can't battle right now, but as soon as I'm available I'll hit you up!

I have a lot of mons in the making that I haven't been able to test correctly