Rain, rain and more rain

Anime

Oh so relatable. It's been raining for a long time in my game, and I find it a tad annoying for weather related events.

Anyway, as you probably know the weather system has been changed a great deal with e16. Weather cycles now last 5 days and supposedly, weather should vary depending on the region, although I do not know to what extent nor how it's gonna work exactly.

Now, a few things lead me to think the new system isn't completely working as intended. It's been raining in my game for a long time, more than 3 days (or 5 for that matter) so the weather should have changed already. Furthermore, I'm currently after the 7th badge and rain has been continuously pouring down, be it in Reborn City, Apophyll or Chrysolia. So, while the weather taking longer to change is most definitely not a bug, I do believe its current mechanics are a bit troubling at best, actually broken at worst. I would be interested in an official update on that matter as well.

I restarted a new E16 file and it was clear skies for the first few days. After that, it rained for 3-4 days before finally clearing up. So it can clear up. As to the continuous rain, I think the weather's designed to be different for each region, with each region favoring a type of weather (Ametrine favors hail, desert favors sandstorms, etc.). Maybe Reborn City itself favors rain, explaining the more common than usual rain? Although, keep in mind, I have no idea if this is the case.

Edited by Therrester

35 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Oh so relatable. It's been raining for a long time in my game, and I find it a tad annoying for weather related events.

Anyway, as you probably know the weather system has been changed a great deal with e16. Weather cycles now last 5 days and supposedly, weather should vary depending on the region, although I do not know to what extent nor how it's gonna work exactly.

Now, a few things lead me to think the new system isn't completely working as intended. It's been raining in my game for a long time, more than 3 days (or 5 for that matter) so the weather should have changed already. Furthermore, I'm currently after the 7th badge and rain has been continuously pouring down, be it in Reborn City, Apophyll or Chrysolia. So, while the weather taking longer to change is most definitely not a bug, I do believe its current mechanics are a bit troubling at best, actually broken at worst. I would be interested in an official update on that matter as well.

17 minutes ago, Therrester said:

I restarted a new E16 file and it was clear skies for the first few days. After that, it rained for 3-4 days before finally clearing up. So it can clear up. As to the continuous rain, I think the weather's designed to be different for each region, with each region favoring a type of weather (Ametrine favors hail, desert favors sandstorms, etc.). Maybe Reborn City itself favors rain, explaining the more common than usual rain? Although, keep in mind, I have no idea if this is the case.

It was a clear weather then as soon as i beat julia it started to rain lol, training arcanine isn't easy at all lol, and well let's hope they fix it if has trouble

• Developers

1 hour ago, Alistair said:

Just wanna correct this, 5 day cycles means stuff is determined 5 days in advance, weather SHOULD be changing every 8 hours. It was having issues in the community release but we thought we had fixed it for the public release. While some people getting large amounts of certain weather is to be expected, this is something we will look into in case things aren't working properly.

7 hours ago, Marcello said:

Just wanna correct this, 5 day cycles means stuff is determined 5 days in advance, weather SHOULD be changing every 8 hours. It was having issues in the community release but we thought we had fixed it for the public release. While some people getting large amounts of certain weather is to be expected, this is something we will look into in case things aren't working properly.

Thank you for clarifying things. I'll just see how things go in the near future. You and the team are doing an awesome job with the game and it's kind of you to take time to listen to our feedback.