Which Mudkip should I keep?

shadowkat678

I've been trying to get the best stats for my starter, and I've got two windows open with two options. Both are male.

First Mudkip has Torrent and a serious nature. HP is 20 with IV of 11. Attack is 13 with a IV of 31. Defense is 11 with IV of 27. Sp. Attack is 10 with IV of 2. Sp. Defense is 11 with IV of 31. Speed is 10 with IV of 28.

The second has the ability Damp and a Quiet nature. It has HP of 20 with IV of 18. Attack of 12 with IV of 8. Defense of 11 with IV of 24. Sp. Attack of 12 of IV of 29. Sp. Def of 11 with IV of 26. Speed of 9 with IV of 29.

I'm trying to get the a team that's as well rounded as possible. After Mudkip evolves it will only have the weakness of grass, so that's why I'm trying to pick that one. I know it doesn't really need to have very good speed, since that's not the type of pokemon it is, so the Quite nature would probably be good there. That Mudkip also has good well rounded stats over all except for attack. But the other one is really well rounded except for sp. attack, and has two 31 IVs which would be used for breeding if I wanted to. Also, Torrent could be useful, as damp would only help against pokemon like Electrode, Koffing, ect. Also, Mudkip is naturally higher with it's attack stat than other stats, so even taking away from it's attack IV...

What do you guys think? This is my first playthrough of this game, and I've heard it's harder than some other fan games out there. 

Edited by shadowkat678

I would pick the second one and run it mixed or special. It has the movepool to pull it off. Its IVs aren't bad bar atk, but it's not that big of a deal unless you really want one for breeding purposes.

Nature and ability can easily be changed so I wouldn't worry about that.