How Do I Transfer Save File?

zareason

Hi,

With the release of the newest episode i'm back to playing Reborn! My current game and save file is on my old laptop which is half dead, i'm looking to transfer it to my new PC in order to play Reborn their. 

Which file should i transfer, and where do i place it?

Thanks! 

go to C:\users\username\saved games\pokemon reborn where you will find your save file and backup save files - make sure to transfer Game.rxdata and some of the backups (they are named something like number-ID-badges)

and transfer those to your new pc in the same location, if you don't have that folder on your new pc then start a new game on new pc and save when you have first chance to create the folder. When transferring your old save make sure to replace the new save you've made to create the folder

3 minutes ago, Thiazzi said:

With the Public Release, I want to start all over, but I'd like to keep my old save file too. If I click on 'New Game', will I lose my old save file? And how can I play a new adventure withouth losing my old one?

Spoiler

This might help: http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20828-mod-save-file-manager/#comment-513431

But yes, you can keep your old save. Whenever you want to switch between files, without using the save file manager (it doesn't work for everyone), you can go into your saved games, and rename the file labelled game.rxdata to something new (something you will remember), and relable a different file of your choosing to game.rxdata

49 minutes ago, Strider said:
Spoiler

But yes, you can keep your old save. Whenever you want to switch between files, without using the save file manager (it doesn't work for everyone), you can go into your saved games, and rename the file labelled game.rxdata to something new (something you will remember), and relable a different file of your choosing to game.rxdata

Spoiler

Two short questions:

1. How do I get into my saved games?

2. What kind of file should I relable to game.rxdata?

Just now, Thiazzi said:

Reveal hidden contents

Two short questions:

1. How do I get into my saved games?

2. What kind of file should I relable to game.rxdata?

Spoiler

For windows: got to Wndows (C:)>Users>(your name)>Saved Games>Pokemon Reborn

There you will find a bunch of saves from different points. Those are the files that you can relabel as game.rxdata

When you create a new save file, it will designate that save to game.rxdata

Whenever you want to go back to your old file, just rename your old file to 'game.rxdata', and relabel the one that was game.rxdata as something different.

You probably don't want to have two files labeled game.rxdata in this folder.