Am I a bad person?

Rshiran

So, my family's on a very tight budget, and I have a habit of putting more powder chocolate on my milk. My mom told me to put only one spoonful (I usually put two) or the chocolate would be over quickly. However I think the milk get really dull with only one spoon, so I thought of lowering the quantity of milk I take. But I'd be hungry later so I put the usual quantity of milk. And I obey, I put only one spoon of chocolate...but. The spoon I use now is bigger than the other I've used before.I don't fill it all, though. My mom dosen't knows this. Am I doing wrong? I don't know, I think I might be being unfair to them. 

Judge it yourself, before and after:

20161214_115227.jpg

Edited by Rshiran
grammar

Well, this sorta makes you a jerk, but not necessarily a bad person. But yeah, you are being unfair to your parents. I have to agree with @Alextron, you should just go back to the small spoon if your family's really on such a tight budget that your mother needs to tell you to limit how much chocolate powder you use. Maybe just put up with the hunger you'll experience from reducing the amount of milk if the taste is really that important to you?

Well, since you don't fill the bigger spoon all the way, it's a little hard to judge. While I wouldn't say you're a bad person, I think you should probably go back to the smaller spoon. Though I think the best option ( assuming you're old enough and capable ) would be to get a part-time job to help out. Then you could buy some of your own stuff, and use however much of it you wanted.

On 12/15/2016 at 4:57 AM, Sir_Bagel said:

I'm fully incapable of telling if this is a shit post or if you're just a dedicated fan of chocolate milk.

This was more about ethics, though. But yah, I get what you mean, I sorta felt silly as I wrote that, but it was about deceiving people.

On 12/15/2016 at 1:41 AM, Alextron said:

For the sake of your survival, use the small one. It won't harm you to have less chocolate in the milk if it means saving some money.

You' right lol. I will try drinking less. This might have been frivoulous question, but thank you. That affects more than chocolate milk, actually.

On 12/15/2016 at 2:09 AM, Captain Breakfast said:

Well, this sorta makes you a jerk, but not necessarily a bad person. But yeah, you are being unfair to your parents. I have to agree with @Alextron, you should just go back to the small spoon if your family's really on such a tight budget that your mother needs to tell you to limit how much chocolate powder you use. Maybe just put up with the hunger you'll experience from reducing the amount of milk if the taste is really that important to you?

Yep, thank you for answering. How important it is? Well, food s one of the few things that make me happy (I'm not obese, though), so I care somewhat about enjoying it. 

On 12/15/2016 at 3:15 AM, The God Fist said:

Well, since you don't fill the bigger spoon all the way, it's a little hard to judge. While I wouldn't say you're a bad person, I think you should probably go back to the smaller spoon. Though I think the best option ( assuming you're old enough and capable ) would be to get a part-time job to help out. Then you could buy some of your own stuff, and use however much of it you wanted.

But I still put more than in the other spoon, so I am kind of a jerk, okay lol. But I am going back to moderation, since it has caused a few arguments in my family concerning food resources. For the job, I'm trying to find one, but it's been hard. The country is going through a economical crisis and inflation is though the roof, as well as taxes and unemployment Dx. I'll keep trying to get one and studying, despite it. Thanks for the answer =)

Take a step back and look at your situation logically. Your family has a high budget. Therefore you apply measures of austerity which you should follow in order for the budget to manage your needs. If you go beyond that budget, cuts will need to be made. Thus no chocolate milk at all. So it can be a question of short-term personal gain versus a long-term reduced but still existing privilege. 

You probably thought you were bypassing your family rules, but all you end up doing is making it harder on all of you. It's small, but if everyone does their small 'bypass' money will come short really fast.