Sweeping

Conor

Okay the main point for this team is to set up some hazards and deploy multiple sweeping Pokemon in the mix to take down your opponent. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated and i apologize for any grammar mistakes i might make during this RMT.

205.gif

Forretress (M) @ Custap Berry

Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def

Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Stealth Rock

- Spikes

- Toxic Spikes

- Explosion

pretty simple, set up rocks/ spikes. when your sturdy activates or you get to low hp you can explode out with custap berry to cause some damage. sets up the team to sweep without focus sash being a problem.

637.gif

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Flame Body

EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Quiver Dance

- Fiery Dance

- Bug Buzz

- Hidden Power [Grass]

alright this guy is one of the two set up sweepers i have. He is the special attacker of the two. comes in, sets up, and sweeps.

149.gif

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Multiscale

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance

- ExtremeSpeed

- Dragon Claw

- Fire Punch

This guy is the physical attacker of my set up duo. he sets up and starts a physical sweep. He has priority which helps a lot. Fire punch to hit steels and dragon claw for stab. Just a side note at this point, the sets on these Pokemon are nothing special, its the combination that makes the team work well.

612.gif

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Mold Breaker

EVs: 4 SDef / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Earthquake

- Outrage

- Rock Slide

- Night Slash

Haxorus is a late game sweeper that can come in and cause some serious damage with his huge attack stat and his now huge speed stat thanks to the scarf. Mold breaker lets earthquake hit everything that would be normally be immune except for balloon, but realistically mist ballons are broken by the time i send in Haxorus.

310.gif

Manectric (F) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Lightningrod

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Thunder

- Volt Switch

- Flamethrower

- Hidden Power [ice]

Manectric is a special sweeper, usually to counter rain. his thunder is the main point in the rain counter. volt switch is amazing for scouting. for what electric types cant hit in ground type we have hidden power ice. And finally for those pesky steel types we have flamethrower.

106.gif

Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem

Trait: Unburden

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Fake Out

- Blaze Kick

- Hi Jump Kick

- Stone Edge

lastly we have Hitmonlee. His set is to get super speed and pick your poison. fake out activates normal gem which gives the move a boost in itself. also, this activates the ability unburden which bring his speed up to something like 547 i think. anyways with the damage Pokemon are taking from the rocks, all these moves should be kill shots on non walls

Okay this team is just a random team i made one day and actually turned out good. its right now at a winning percentage of a little under 75%. my main problems are sand (especially skarmory). another problem i have is Chandelure and its dam shadow tag. if you could help with these problems and more it would be highly appreciated.

Edited by conor k

You're gonna need a spin blocker to keep your hazards up. In addition to the spin blocker, Rapid Spin might be a good on idea on Forretress. Seeing as how Volcarona gets wrecked by hazards, and you don't want Dnite's Multiscale to break.

P.S. You're missing EVs on Dnite, Hachet Face, and Magnet.

okay good call with rapid spin on foretress, but i was also thinking about subbing out Manectric for Chandelure. this would block rapid spins. if i did, it would be a revenge kill scarf set which would like

Chandelure (F) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Shadow Tag

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- HP [ice]

- Energy Ball

- Shadow Ball

- Overheat

i feel he would fill the team well in Manectric's shoes. also the shadow tag, fire attack combo is perfect for destroying ferro and foretress.

You need a broom. A water-type with Ice Beam takes away Chandelure, Volcarona, Haxorus, and Dragonite.

Hitmonchan and Manetric have low defenses and are easily defeated in OU if out sped.

Ive got water ptretty much covered. the only things that can cause a problem with and water is swift swim or scarf. in the case of a scarf, the pokemon would have to choose between ice beam and said water move. once they say use hydro pump on my chandy, dknight comes in and starts to set up, or manectric comes in and volt switches out.

If you replace Manetric, you won't have it to volt swich. And, there is this situation:

• Kyogre (example because I don't know much about OU and Ubers, and it has pretty good defenses and speed so no need for choice) uses ice beam/water spout.

• You switch to Manetric.

• Opponent switches to some OU ground-type.

Well, that's how I block them in LU.

Dragonite is quite slow if I remember correctly.

Why would an OU team go toe-to-toe with a Kyogre? Not to mention the fact that most Kyogre are choiced. (Choice Scarf Kyogre, anyone?)

I have to say that Chandy might not be the best option for a spin blocker. Perhaps Gengar?

637.gifThe personal problem with volcarno.

Personal, i don't recommend having a Pokemon made for sweeping that has a 4X weakness to something and has to set up. Your Volcarno has a 4x weakness to rock, so mamby raise his def instead of s-def?

106.gifThe real problem

Okay this isn't a bad hitmonly. But Being a person that uses a sandslash with sandveil, I know that the main sweeping move, can fail if your opponent has the right Pokemon. Like for example you KO a Pokemon with hitmonly, then someone sends out another Pokemon with sandveil, like sandslash. While this doesn't happen very often since sandslash isn't very high in the rankings, its good to keep this in mind. So basically what i'm saying is either change high jump kick with jump kick for just a little for accuracy, or go with a move that has 100% accuracy. I know in PO moves with 70% accuracy and such rarely miss, but like i said, its good to keep in mind. 1 more thing is that fake out, while it is a good move, I don't think its a good move to use a normal gem on. That being said there aren't many other choices, but still.

36aqd5.jpg

i use normal gem on it to activate the unburden. its a sure fire way to get the speed boost. also on volcarona, it wont matter much because like we said earlier i changed foretress to a rpid spinner to get rid of that probelm on steath rock

637.gifThe personal problem with volcarno.

Personal, i don't recommend having a Pokemon made for sweeping that has a 4X weakness to something and has to set up. Your Volcarno has a 4x weakness to rock, so mamby raise his def instead of s-def?

106.gifThe real problem

Okay this isn't a bad hitmonly. But Being a person that uses a sandslash with sandveil, I know that the main sweeping move, can fail if your opponent has the right Pokemon. Like for example you KO a Pokemon with hitmonly, then someone sends out another Pokemon with sandveil, like sandslash. While this doesn't happen very often since sandslash isn't very high in the rankings, its good to keep this in mind. So basically what i'm saying is either change high jump kick with jump kick for just a little for accuracy, or go with a move that has 100% accuracy. I know in PO moves with 70% accuracy and such rarely miss, but like i said, its good to keep in mind. 1 more thing is that fake out, while it is a good move, I don't think its a good move to use a normal gem on. That being said there aren't many other choices, but still.

Hi Jump Kick has 90% acc. Secondly, you're getting pretty situational. The majority of people won't bother with Sand Veil, because it's Ubers on Smog and Beta. It could become an issue here, but even then it's unlikely. There's also a nifty feature known as switching.