Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Anyone knows what this does?

Sinkaio

Question

Yay, I've beaten the game(for now). So I've went off to explore and found these places

71b3a2c913d71cd90653405bd9c55c3e.png

^Wat dis

2fde1289aeb99d73b45664502ddc5b4e.png

^I saw a totodile just hopping around in the water here, but apparently I can't interact with it D: Is this catchable?

6 answers to this question

If you level up an Eevee near the rock, it will evolve into a Leafeon, which is clearly the 2. best Eeveelution after Sylveon.

And you can actually encounter Totodile in the second picture, if you're fast enough to click A once it escapes the water. This can take a while, since it's mostly random where it gets out of the water, and can take a good 10 minutes of mashing A. But with enough dedication, you too can own your own Totodile!

• Developers

If you level up an Eevee near the rock, it will evolve into a Leafeon, which is clearly the 2. best Eeveelution after Sylveon.

Leafeon proved to be completely useless in my eeveelutions-only run. I mean more useless than literaly any other eeveelution. Even including Flareon. What's so good about it in your opinion? It has very bad type both offensively and defensively. It can't learn any useful non-grass damaging attack. And it rarely survived more than one round because of it's horrible HP and spdef stats so it couldn't do anything after swords dance. Can you give me some advice how to use Leafeon?

Yeah it's cute but from my experience that's unfortunately pretty much the only thing good about it.

----

Good luck with catching that Totodile. It can be really tricky. Took me several minutes to trigger the battle. Then I of course accidently killed it and had to do it again.

Leafeon proved to be completely useless in my eeveelutions-only run. I mean more useless than literaly any other eeveelution. Even including Flareon. What's so good about it in your opinion?

Naturally Leafeon is useless if you send it out against Special Attackers, butis combined with the fact that it has a simply amazing movepool (Leaf-Blade/Synthesis/Yawn/Swords Dance) means that it can quickly put the opponent to sleep, set-up with Sword's Dance and then use synthesis to recover any lost health. Naturally you can't use it in all situations, but when you can, it can easily sweep and take many hits before dying.

It can also be part of a Baton-Pass Team and pass Sword's Dance to other Pokémon, which is neat.

In Reborn the Eeveelutions are hampered by their inability to learn TM's and many Move Tutor-Moves. That is why Leafeon is so great, because it can learns its best moves naturally.

• Developers

Well it's true that my Leafeon doesn't know Wish. It's a nice suggestion, thanks! Too bad there is no room for Sunny Day. Both Synthesis and Leafeon's ability would benefit from that.

The main reason why I found Leafeon useless is that there is simply too many bosses with primary type supereffective against Leafeon - Corey, Shelly, Cal, Aya, Bennet, Serra, Blake, Charlotte and Ciel. Against other bosses some different Eeveelution was far better than Leafeon too. Like Vaporeon took down 4 of Terra's pokes, Espeon defeated Samson all by itself and Sylveon crushed Arceus pretty much alone. There was just no place for Leafeon too shine.

Edited by baldr