I have no idea what i am doing with this PC

Kaze

I recently built a gaming pc with a friend. He managed to get it running and put windows 10 on the ssd and the HDD as the storage. No idea how. So, i moved the sdd INSIDE the case and connected it since it wil connected to a port for the ssd slot on the case, but the thing is, it just boots up to the BIOS menu and i have no idea what i am doing. AT ALL! How do i make it go back to what it was?!

(not a PC expert per se, but i do know some things however, do go and research this on the internet aswell, they will have some good insights on this aswell)

ok, did you correctly connect the SSD to the Motherboard? if its a 2.5 form factor ssd, make sure the cable connects to the correct 6 bit port (or whatever the port for plugging in high bandwidth things like SSD's are called) If its a m.2 SSd (the tinier version of SSd's that are usually connected to the motherboard directly) maske sure its properly pushed in.

Like i said, go and do some interent research about this, they definitely have answers/ more information i might have forgotten. Some good places to go, are prominent PC hardware websites, like Tomshardware.com or a PC subreddit could also be useful

Good luck in your adventures with the mighty PC master race!

Alright... what do you mean by put the SSD inside the case? Did you change the port it was plugged into?

What kind of connector is it? SATA or M.2?

Windows 10 boots off the GUID of the partition it's installed to, so it's possible changing ports might have fucked it up. Otherwise try changing the boot order in the BIOS to make sure the SSD is first and active.

Right, so my case had a port(Hot swap) for the ssd and we put windows 10 on that and it worked. We only did that because i misplaced the items it needed to go inside the case. So when i found them and a sata cable, i connected it tot eh mother board where i could. First was in a slot that had six of them and the next time i put it next to where we put the HDD. Neither one works. It is not even showing up on the damn BIOS screen that never moves.